PDA

View Full Version : Cher...The one true Diva

don73153
04-08-2003, 09:58 PM
I just finished watching Cher's Fairwell tour on NBC, and

WHAT A SHOW !!!

Still hot and sexy at 57, and still ROCKIN !!

We will miss her, farewell :)

Don

Sharni
04-08-2003, 10:24 PM
Don't get me wrong....i really like Cher...

But if we all had her money (combined with surgery)....we'd all look bloody good at that age (well i like to think so anyway LMAO)

jennaflower
04-09-2003, 07:04 AM
She is the ultimate Diva in my opinion... she will be missed... tho I don't believe that she won't be on stage again... atleast I hope that's the case. Not only has she proven that women get better with age... she is intelligent... independent... beautiful... and talented...

Lilith
04-09-2003, 07:10 AM
*Warning* (deep look int my psyche)

When I was a small child like 3-4 I had long, long, hair and somehow believed CHER to be my mother. I spent way too much time imitating her. Went to kindergarten singing "Gypsies, Tramps and Thieves" and "My Baby Shot Me Down" instead of "Itsy Bitsy Spider". I think this pretty much splains it all..........:D:D:p

Irish
04-09-2003, 08:40 PM
I have always liked Cher.I saw an interview ,with her once,& she
said that when the world was over,there would be two things left.
1:Cockroaches
2:Cher
I have seen many people say that they are retiring.One that comes to mind is Celine Dion(sp?)I never liked her but she is one of my wifes favorites.The only thing that she(Cher)ever did that I
didn't think was nice,to people,was that concert that she gave,practically nude,on the deck of a ship.Those horny sailors
would screw a snake if you held its head&the holding is optional.
I bet the ship had manual power instead of nuclear,that night.
We'll see if Cher actually retires! Irish

BlondeCurlGirl
04-09-2003, 08:47 PM
Cher is cool, don't get me wrong...but I'm doubtful that this is "really" her farewell tour. She might just pop up with a new "comeback" and more "farewell" tours each time her popularity stars to drop off again. There are very few who can totally give up the stage when they've been performing for so long...it's in their blood.

I still miss Sonny...it's hard not to get all nostalgic when "I've Got You Babe" on the radio.

scotzoidman
04-09-2003, 10:15 PM
Yeh, she's really retiring...just like Ozzy & Bowie did...trust me on this, when music's in your blood, it always comes back to get ya...

Steph
04-09-2003, 11:44 PM
I caught a bit of the concert and was honestly surprised at all the gay men in the audience. I knew she was popular with gay men but I thought I'd see all ages, not just young buff guys. Go Cher! :)

Santiago
04-10-2003, 10:09 AM
while im not a big fan of Cher, i can respect the fact that she has made alot of good music and has alot of fans...

but as for a real diva, i think Tina Turner has her beaten by a mile

Loulabelle
04-10-2003, 05:10 PM
I love Cher! She's my role model - apart from perhaps the cosmetic surgery........which reminds me:

Sharni - The Queen has lots of money too, and so does Joan Collins and THEY don't look like she does! Lol

dicksbro
04-10-2003, 05:36 PM
Didn't see the show ... but loved Cher's voice and many of her songs. Was Mr. Bono there to wish her well?

Sharni
04-10-2003, 07:15 PM
Loulabelle ~ True...not all choose to go under the surgeons knife as much as others do, to keep there youthful look :):):)....
Not all well off people have personal trainers, chefs, ect to keep the enhanced body in shape....but most do

I would too if i had the money they had.....that is all i was saying! :D

LixyChick
04-13-2003, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by dicksbro
Didn't see the show ... but loved Cher's voice and many of her songs. Was Mr. Bono there to wish her well?

Um.......don't want to be the bearer of bad news db, but......um......Mr. Bono hit a tree in a skiing accident a while back and um....well....he couldn't make the fairwell concert! Dunno if Chastity was there but I think Elijah Blue is part of her band. Oh no....now he's outta work too!

don73153
04-13-2003, 05:55 PM
OK, excuse me!!

Sorry I brought it up.....

We now return you to your regularly scheduled whatever....

skipthisone
04-14-2003, 04:07 PM
AND COMING LIVE IN 2083...The "I Have More Plastic in me than Barbie and will never die much less rot" Tour.....Cher....

Lilith
08-23-2008, 08:52 AM
I saw her recently and she still looks fab. I was thinking recently about the female stars that have been popular with some homosexual males such as Babra Streisand, Liza Minelli, Judy Garland, Cher, Diana Ross. I was trying to figure out the appeal. Is it just that they are glamourous?