PDA

View Full Version : Monkey Business.......and other peculiarities!

LixyChick
09-28-2003, 11:54 AM
I was sitting here responding to some older threads and I dropped a pen on the floor.............so instead of stopping typing and leaning to retrieve it....I continued to type an answer I was in the middle of....and just picked up the pen with my toes! It got me to thinking.........."Geezzzz, that's an oddity! Wonder if anyone has a similar (or way different) behavioral science?"

Oh....and I can also touch my nose with my tongue.....but I'm not sure what practical purpose that serves me or humanity!?

Got anything interesting to share?

Steph
09-28-2003, 12:10 PM
If my hands are full, I'll use my toes to turn off the VCR . . . it bugs some people but it's convenient . . .

BigBear57
09-28-2003, 12:30 PM
Heheheh well oddly enough my ex used to call me "Monkeytoes" for just such oddities. I'll pick up things I dropped with my toes too and on occasion when she'd call me that I'd even pinch her with those same phlanges. Sometimes it pays to think before you toss those rocks. As for other oddities I'm ambidextrous in many things I do. I used to freak out my ladies softball team mates (I coached, not saying I joined the team... unfortunatley) by catching a softball left handed and tossing it back with the same hand only to reverse the process next toss. Oh and I have an unusual habit of picking up accents. I've copied several over the years and it's been fun at times but grossly misunderstood as making fun others. It's really just an unconcious thing I've done over the years. Fortunately I haven't been around any new ones so maybe the quirk has subsided.

Lilith
09-28-2003, 12:54 PM
OK, I will join you mokeytoed peeps. My Grams * crosses her self and flips a bird, not Catholic but my Grams would have LHAO if I did that to her* , taught me to pinch with my toes. I can pinch the hell out of someone with my toes. When I was little I would sleep at her house a lot and just about the time I would fall asleep she would reach over and pinch me with her toes and then that started a full scale war:p God I miss her:(

My kids like my hubby got the 'tongue roll and touch your nose' gene

LixyChick
09-28-2003, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by BigBear57
Heheheh well oddly enough my ex used to call me "Monkeytoes" for just such oddities. I'll pick up things I dropped with my toes too and on occasion when she'd call me that I'd even pinch her with those same phlanges. Sometimes it pays to think before you toss those rocks. As for other oddities I'm ambidextrous in many things I do. I used to freak out my ladies softball team mates (I coached, not saying I joined the team... unfortunatley) by catching a softball left handed and tossing it back with the same hand only to reverse the process next toss. Oh and I have an unusual habit of picking up accents. I've copied several over the years and it's been fun at times but grossly misunderstood as making fun others. It's really just an unconcious thing I've done over the years. Fortunately I haven't been around any new ones so maybe the quirk has subsided.
Jimminy Crickets! (did I just say that??) You are discribing me to a "T"! We've so much in common it's almost scary! OK....not scary....kinda more like magnetic! Ahem....anyway.....I've said (in another thread) I can do nearly anything with both hands * cept wipe myself after using the little Pixie girls room** (OMG...there I go again...blabbing such shit!).....including batting a baseball and catching and throwing it, writing, and stuff like that..................

~AND~

I am an accent stealer from way back! I take the, "When in Rome" thing to the hilt when it comes to picking up accents!

And pinching with my toes!!!???? Bear and Lilith.......OMG!......I've left bruises and welts.....and have had to appologize 40,000 times over for NOT LETTING GO sooner! LMAO!

When we all have a get together (some Pixies reunion that'll be)...I'm kickin off my shoes first thing.....and limbering up my ammo! Beware ya'll!(<--------picked up Bear's accent just from his reply) ROFLMFAO!

PantyFanatic
09-28-2003, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by LixyChick
.....Oh....and I can also touch my nose with my tongue.....but I'm not sure what practical purpose that serves me or humanity!?.....
I'm SURE I can think of SOMETHING we can do with that.:D I know that ability has served me well.:lust: lol

I’m not ambidextrous like BigBear57, but that picking up of the accent is something that happens so quickly and subconsciously that I also embarrass myself as mocking others.:o

LixyChick
09-28-2003, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by pantyfanatic
I'm SURE I can think of SOMETHING we can do with that.:D I know that ability has served me well.:lust: lol
Dueling tongues!!!!!

Now there's a mental pic I will treasure for the rest of my life!

lakritze
09-28-2003, 07:36 PM
.sdrawkcab etirw nac I

LixyChick
09-28-2003, 08:32 PM
*gets out her reading mirror*

JK...I could read it! Are you the guy who paints ECNALUBMA........on the front of ambulances??? LOL!

Pretty cool lakritze!

Oh...and while I have you here.....I've been meaning to ask you about your nick! It's unique to say the least...and so I was curious of it's meaning. Don't mind me....and if you don't want to answer....no problem there! But....anything you want to share would be most appreciated!

Scarecrow
09-28-2003, 08:38 PM
.sdrawkcab daer nac I, just as well as forwards. Used to set type for printing presses.

BIBI
09-28-2003, 10:57 PM
I am primarily left handed but play golf baseball etc right handed.
I also can write backwards and have from time to time used my toes for picking up things and turning off the tv or vcr. I also tend to pick up on accents too easily

I can draw but if I want if near perfect I must turn the picture I am copying upside down and then draw it.( I would do portaits but no one will stand on their heads for me) :)

I am also known for being able to wiggle my ears!:)

Sharni
09-28-2003, 11:08 PM
I use my left hand to write but do everything else right handed

I also tend to pick up ppls accents...

I'm double jointed in my fingers and thumbs....or so i'm told *L*

I can turn my tongue upside down

LixyChick
09-29-2003, 05:58 AM
I understand the backwards reading thing scarecrow.....my ex was an offset stripper and I'd read over his shoulder while he was pasting up some stuff! Makes for easy reading when your on the wrong side of a glass door! LOL!

That drawing thing is pretty quirky BIBI......but I've seen a friend of mine rotate her work in all directions...and now I know why! As to the ear wiggle.........*giggle*...that's gotta be cute when you are flirting from across the room!

Wish I could figure out how to make money with the "double jointed" phlanges Sharni! It's a neat oddity, but just another thing that serves no real purpose to us! LOL! My thumb actually locks in place and looks rather weird like that! Now....turning your tongue upside down.............Bilbo must get some throbbing thrills from that! WooooHoooooooo! *teehee*

And Lilith? I forgot to mention the mental pic you conjured when I read how you bless yourself and flip your Gram the bird! Awwwwww......I bet she smiles each and everytime you do that! She musta been quite a character and a very special lady! I understand being "taught" to pinch with the toes cause my mom taught me in much the same way your Gram taught you! LOL! I guess they thought example was the best lesson.....OUCH!

gekkogecko
09-29-2003, 09:16 AM
I commonly use my feet/toes for all sorts of things. I the words of one unfortunate victim:

"He tickled me.
He tickled me, and his hands are full.
He tickled me, and his hands are full, and he's STANDING UP!"

I use my toes so much, my wife claims I'm pedidextrous.

WildIrish
09-29-2003, 10:04 AM
I pick stuff up with my toes all the time and my daughter has picked up on the fact that she can do it as well. Haven't tried painting a picture with my feet yet though.

I can also tie a knot in a cherry stem with my tongue. Don't know if that's a genetic characteristic or just a cool bar trick.

Lilith
09-29-2003, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by WildIrish

I can also tie a knot in a cherry stem with my tongue. Don't know if that's a genetic characteristic or just a cool bar trick.

Why is it that I suddenly find you so attractive?:spin:

LixyChick
10-01-2003, 05:41 AM
LOL@gekkogecko......I like the term!

Seems we have lotsa Pixie's with ambitious toes WildIrish! As to the cherry stem thing.......OMG!....I haven't thought of that since I tended bar! *scouting up the maraschino cherries.....that I know are in the back of my fridge soaking in grain alcohol......since 2001!*

LOL@Lilith!

Lilith
10-01-2003, 05:44 AM
LixyChick if you can't find your cherries I have some that have been soaking in rum almost that long :D

dicksbro
10-01-2003, 05:57 AM
Toes for picking up and turning off/on the PC ... do that a lot. And I love signing my name upside down and backwards. Kind of fun way to surprise people a bit. :D I'm right-handed, but can write left handed (in a pinch).

I'm beginning to think we're the normal ones and it's the rest of the world that's out of sync. :D :D

Akasha
10-01-2003, 06:39 AM
I can pick up thing with my toes on occassion, as for pinching? well i've never really tried lol I'm also ambidextrous but still prefer my right hand for any writing needs, but can do either, I always pick up accents and get blamed for making fun of people, which sometimes isnt a great thing, especially since i work in a world wide call center, i'll pick up one accent during a call then switch to the next persons in the middle of the next, i dont normally realize that i am doing it, so theres double trouble:)