PDA

View Full Version : To Keep Clean Shaven

imaginewithme
05-23-2004, 08:08 PM
Hey lovies,
what do you use or do to keep yourself smooth shaven? I shave it all and it's just so hard to keep it smooth looking. I didn't know if there was something else to use other than lotion.

Thanks!

dreamgurl
05-23-2004, 08:16 PM
i use hydrocortozone cream and baby oil, sometimes as much as it hurts a waxing last longest for me. otherwise i'm in the shower with my leg around my neck every morrning lol

BIGbad
05-23-2004, 08:43 PM
I don't know if you meant this only for the ladies :confused: , but I use edge shaving gel in a hot shower. I imagine a waxing would lindeed ast longer, but I am just to freaked by the thought of that possible pain.:spank:

Lilith
05-23-2004, 09:08 PM
I just bought these Bic Soleil razors, triple blades. It was the smoothest shave I have ever had and lasted the longest, no nicks either!!!

Gilly
05-23-2004, 09:41 PM
I have such a hard time keeping smooth. Lotion, oil, etc, either way if it was a shave, I'll be bumpy in a few days. Best way I've found was to just do a touch up shave daily, but then you risk razor burn.

I recently bought a new nair product which is acceptable for use on 'bikini line', and underarm, but I haven't had a chance to use it yet. It looks like a stick of deoderant, and takes 15 minutes.

Magic works well, I've heard, but chemical burn is a possibility, and that's scared me away from trying it.

Steph
05-24-2004, 11:21 AM
Ooh, that new Nair sounds good! Does it come with a moisturizer, too? I like their aftershave cream.

Gilly
05-24-2004, 05:59 PM
Just checked the tube, Steph. It's Nair No Touch glide on cream, with moisturizing baby oil. Made specifically for underams and bikini area. I paid $4.48 at wal-mart for it. :)

imaginewithme
05-24-2004, 11:15 PM
I will try them out and let you know!!! Always looking for that smooth skin.......

Pita
06-20-2004, 10:30 PM
I use a triple blade everyday. The more you do it the less the skin with become irrated. I rub it down with vaseline after showering to keep it smooth feeling and lesson any bumps.

osuche
06-20-2004, 10:51 PM
OK...my annoyance is all those hard-to-reach bits...like the female "t'aint" area and the labia. Damn, but I think I get all my yoga in the shower. :D

Anyone tried the Nair on regions closer than the bakini? Can it be used??? Inquiring minds want to know...

Sharni
06-21-2004, 04:18 AM
I no longer have hair grow around the labia and such.....and what grows on my mound is sparce so shaving is a breeze for me :D

wyndhy
06-21-2004, 02:34 PM
i love the triple blade razors, too. thay definately kepp it smoother longer. (when i can reach it on my own, that is :p ). after i shave i use this stuff called "bikini zone". i don't think it'll make a shave last longer but it eliminates the redness, itching and bumps i sometimes get from a razor.

osuche, i don't think i'd try any chemical hair remover on the "internal parts". i think it'd be too risky and i wouldn't want to damage the sensitive skin.

Eros
06-22-2004, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by dreamgurl
otherwise i'm in the shower with my leg around my neck every morrning lol

Hmmmmmmmmmm..... :lust:

imaginewithme
06-22-2004, 05:41 PM
You like that thought or something Eros???? :devil:

sands
06-22-2004, 11:20 PM
I make sure that shaving is the last thing I do in the shower. By then, the hair is nice and soft and comes off easily, leaving smooth skin. And it is true, the more you shave, the less irritation and bumps you will have. Use a moisturizing shaving cream also.

skipthisone
06-24-2004, 07:22 AM
Use a good lotion with a hair inhibitor as well, makes the hair lighter and thinner and the shaving gets easier.

Loulabelle
06-25-2004, 02:59 AM
I have sensitive skin and suffer from shaving rash really badly - especially, as the first night of shaving usually results in a lot of friction on certain areas of my body, courtesy of the delectible FussyPucker.

I am trying to pluck up the courage to go have a professional wax, but I'm really scared!!

Sassy Rose
06-29-2004, 12:44 AM
Loulabelle, don't be scared hon, it's not as bad as it sounds :) Just a couple things that can make it easier and even less painful...

take a pain reliever (Tylenol, Ibuprofin, etc) approximately 30 minutes prior to the procedure.

if you can, soak in a hot bath prior to the waxing, it will soften the hair and assist in opening the pores

finally, make sure the technician holds the skin taught when doing the removal

You'll love the results :)

Loulabelle
06-29-2004, 03:22 AM
Thanks Sassy Rose....I really think I'm going to take the plunge! Eeeek!