PDA

View Full Version : Ever have one of those moments

naughtyangel
06-16-2004, 05:52 AM
when everything at that exact time seems just perfect?

I had one of those this morning, driving home from work. I'm generally too tired after working all night to trust myself on the highway, so I take the "old road" home. It winds along the river for a bit, before turning into this wonderful tree-lined road. All the houses are big, old and beautiful. The trees are huge, and their branches extend over the road in most places. Right now, they're all full and leafy and green, and the sun was filtering down through.

Today the sun was shining, the sky was blue, and the temperature was already high enough for me to roll down the windows in my car and turn the music way up. I thought to myself that it was just an absolutely perfect moment in time, and thanked God that I was alive to be in it.

My sappy moment for the day :)

Lilith
06-16-2004, 06:06 AM
Perfect 1001 post too btw;)

I love those moments. There is a song by James Taylor, Gaia, that to me reminds me of those perfect moments when you can almost feel the globe spinning and know that you are where you are supposed to be.

The sky was light and the land all dark
The sun rose up over Central Park
I was walking home from work
GAIA
The petal sky and the rosy dawn
The world turning on the burning sun
Sacred wet green one we live on
GAIA
Run run run run said the automobile and we ran
Run for your life take to your heels
Foolish school of fish on wheels
GAIA
Turn away from your animal kind
Try to leave your body just to live in your mind
Leave your cold cruel mother earth behind
GAIA
As if you were your own creation
As if you were the chosen nation
And the world around you just a rude and
Dangerous invasion
GAIA

Someone's got to stop us now
Save us from us Gaia
No one's gonna stop us now

We thought we ought to walk awhile
So we left that town in a single file
Up and up and up mile after mile after mile

We reached the tree line and I dropped my pack
Sat down on my haunches and I looked back down
Over the mountain
Helpless and speechless and breathless

GAIA

Pray for the forest pray to the tree
Pray for the fish in the deep blue sea
Pray for yourself and for God's sake
Say one for me
Poor wretched unbeliever

Someone's got to stop us now
Save us from us Gaia
No one's gonna stop us now

LixyChick
06-16-2004, 06:07 AM
Oh Sappy Day!

TY for sharing hun!

I had a moment like that last evening. I got home from work, mowed the lawn as hubby whacked it with the weed whacker. It looked so green and pretty and manicured when we were done. I got some gorgeous steaks out and he lit the BBQ. I showered...he showered. The sun was going down and the fireflies were out in droves. I sat at the picnic table...listening to the cicada's and watching the sun set and watching all the sexed up fireflies light up the backyard. I thought to myself...should I ever go blind for some reason, this is the moment I'll never forget!

naughtyangel
06-16-2004, 06:24 AM
Thanks Lilith.... took me long enough to get here, eh? Awesome song..... put it on my download list!

Lixy, that sounds wonderful. I've never seen a firefly.... never would've thought you could see them in droves!

LixyChick
06-16-2004, 07:38 AM
Firefly=Lightening Bug...in these parts! Make better sense? Or...don't they have lightening bugs or fireflies (whatever they should be called) in Canada? Sorry...that might be a dumb question! LOL!

Steph
06-16-2004, 08:07 AM
Gaia is an awesome song especially that line "and I looked back down over the mountain" - love the emphasis on each word. Emphasize me, Mr. Taylor! I digress.

Last night, I was walking the moose on my least favourite night of the week - the night before garbage day. :D

We walked behind a little old man who had cart he was attempting to fill with bottles. He'd tap at a recycling box with a stick. I guess he could tell what was in there from the sound. He was very methodical and he was whistling the most mournful songs from the Old World (sounded Hungarian).

I love enterprising people like him. He made me smile and his song made me happy.

Gilly
06-16-2004, 08:35 AM
In recent times? It was GREAT to see the pistons so readily hand the Laker's their asses. :D

naughtyangel
06-16-2004, 02:46 PM
Lixy..... I know firefly = lighteningbug.... but haven't ever seen one in real life. Whether we have 'em in Canada.... beats the heck outta me, I've never seen one, and don't think I've ever heard anyone I know ever talk about 'em either *L*

Can you really catch them in jars? (How's that for a dumb question?) :D

The Shadow
06-16-2004, 03:12 PM
yes you can NA they are so cool when caught

campingboy
06-16-2004, 05:36 PM
Naughtangel, we do have fireflies in Canada - Ontario west to the rockies - I'm not sure about beyond there.

For the month of May I was in Ontario's cottage country. Each day at about 10:30 this is where we would enjoy our morning coffee. It was so relaxing and peaceful. Most evening a loon would swim by diving for its dinner. It created many moments that I will remember for years to come.

Lilith
06-16-2004, 06:30 PM
That is breathtaking

imaginewithme
06-16-2004, 06:55 PM
I love moments like that. Makes you feel pretty peaceful.

naughtyangel
06-17-2004, 05:46 AM
campingboy, that is just beautiful!

I wanna go catch fireflies!

Coaster
06-18-2004, 06:16 AM
NA.......... I'll catch a few to show you when you stop by....

Great shot campingboy..... places like that make me happy that I was born in this part of the world!