PDA

View Full Version : Inauguration celebration

Lilith
01-19-2005, 07:39 AM
according to Jib Jab :D (http://movies.yahoo.com/movies/feature/jibjabinaugural.html )

Oldfart
01-19-2005, 12:29 PM
6 megs takes a long time to pull down.

Pita
01-19-2005, 12:51 PM
:grin: That was pretty funny

Did take a bit to load for me too though but worth it. :)

Aqua
01-19-2005, 01:04 PM
LMAO @ JibJab

musicman
01-19-2005, 06:32 PM
another classic

jseal
01-19-2005, 07:30 PM
Lilith,

JibJab does good work. :)

LixyChick
01-22-2005, 10:48 AM
Didn't even try the link cause I'm on dial-up and I'd be here all day (according to those above)...but I do have this to say about the celebrations...

Heard an interview on a radio show where a reporter from Vanity Fair was to call in to Fox News and talk about the inauguration celebrations and their decorations. At least that's what the Fox News person thought. Turned out the Vanity Fair reporter had her own agenda. She ripped the Pres. a new one about spending $40 million on parties when our troops were in the battle field with crappy equipment (or the lack of proper defense equipment)...and she thought the money could have been better spent in a time of war, as did other Presidents in the past in having just a small celebration in light of the war being fought at the time. The Fox News chick was blindsided...beings Fox News is pro Bush all the way! ROFLMFAO!

cowgirltease
01-22-2005, 10:57 AM
Corporations pay for the parties dear.
Go tell Wal-mart how to spend their money. I'm sure they'll listen to you.

LixyChick
01-22-2005, 11:29 AM
Corporations pay for the parties dear.
Go tell Wal-mart how to spend their money. I'm sure they'll listen to you.
Not ALL the monies come from corporations CGT. Some come from you and I and were earmarked for our security...

Quote from Harper's Magazine Weekly Review posted January 18, 2005...

"The White House refused to reimburse Washington, D.C., for inauguration expenses, which will require $11.9 million to be diverted from homeland security funds, and[Washington Post] it was announced that no one may carry a cross along the parade route."

and...

Inaugural Expenses (http://forums.politicsla.com/showthread.php?t=7220)

I'm not saying there shouldn't have been a celebration...but as Presidents in wartime in the past have done...shave it down a pinch, eh? It just shows me how out of touch Bush can be! It would have made a nice gesture on his part to show his awareness of the current situation and his compassion for it. I feel like he lives in his own "Bush bubble" and this was the capper for me!

Cheyanne
01-22-2005, 11:38 AM
Sounds like more fodder for Michael Moore..

PantyFanatic
01-22-2005, 11:44 AM
How did we miss the amendment for Article XXVI about King Bush, Lixy?:confused:

(Didn’t this all START with something about a King George?) :dizzy:

Cheyanne
01-22-2005, 11:55 AM
LOL @ PF.. I just had to sandwich him.. ;)

LixyChick
01-22-2005, 12:02 PM
LMAO@Chey!

cowgirltease
01-22-2005, 02:45 PM
Not ALL the monies come from corporations CGT. Some come from you and I and were earmarked for our security...

Quote from Harper's Magazine Weekly Review posted January 18, 2005...

"The White House refused to reimburse Washington, D.C., for inauguration expenses, which will require $11.9 million to be diverted from homeland security funds, and[Washington Post] it was announced that no one may carry a cross along the parade route."

and...

Inaugural Expenses (http://forums.politicsla.com/showthread.php?t=7220)

I'm not saying there shouldn't have been a celebration...but as Presidents in wartime in the past have done...shave it down a pinch, eh? It just shows me how out of touch Bush can be! It would have made a nice gesture on his part to show his awareness of the current situation and his compassion for it. I feel like he lives in his own "Bush bubble" and this was the capper for me!
That's the mayor bitching about his expenses to cover security. Don't you think it's his job to protect the President? For christs sake!
How much of the citys money do you think he spent on the Thanksgiving day parade?
I'm just really sick of the bush banging ya know......... Can't we give it a rest and go on with our lives here?
Write your congressman if you don't like it. It's not gonna get solved on pixies and I HATE coming here and listening to a bunch of bitching.
This is supposed to be a "feel good" site.
I come here to get away from all that crap.

PantyFanatic
01-22-2005, 03:48 PM
...... This is supposed to be a "feel good" site.
I'm with you 100% on that CGT.:)

Now both of you get on that bed.:lust: (preferable head-to-toe) I have one more message I need to deliver. :D

:drool: :3: :drool:

cowgirltease
01-22-2005, 03:56 PM
I'm with you 100% on that CGT.:)

Now both of you get on that bed.:lust: (preferable head-to-toe) I have one more message I need to deliver. :D[/SIZE]

:drool: :3: :drool:

:D Now That sounds much better!

jseal
01-22-2005, 07:06 PM
Now that's a bipartisan resolution all Pixies can support! :)

LixyChick
01-23-2005, 12:54 PM
That's the mayor bitching about his expenses to cover security. Don't you think it's his job to protect the President? For christs sake!
How much of the citys money do you think he spent on the Thanksgiving day parade?
I'm just really sick of the bush banging ya know......... Can't we give it a rest and go on with our lives here?
Write your congressman if you don't like it. It's not gonna get solved on pixies and I HATE coming here and listening to a bunch of bitching.
This is supposed to be a "feel good" site.
When I first read this I was taken aback...and that's putting it mildly! I had to leave the site and take in all my emotions before I could come back to say this...

I typed MY thoughts about the President on a presidential thread. NOT on any other "feel good" thread, just this one! Pixies is made up of a lot of different threads...all of which we each have a right to respond to, even if the response isn't favorable to all, as long as it isn't a disrespectful response to a member.

I'll play by those rules as long as EVERYONE is held in check to play by them as well!

So, here's my final thought on this thread...

I agree CGT! We should be talking about bush and boobs here at Pixies...

instead of talking about how big a boob [I think] Bush is! :jester: