PDA

View Full Version : Hitting the Road

Sugarsprinkles
02-19-2005, 01:45 AM
Later today, Mr. Sprinkles and I will be riding the big dog to Philadelphia. Our son is getting married next Friday and naturally, we wouldn't miss it for the world. Besides wanting to be there for the wedding, we haven't seen him in almost 2 1/2 years. So we've really, really been looking forward to this trip.

I crocheted an afghan for their wedding gift. I'm posting pics here.

If we can work it out, I'll be getting together with Lixy while I'm there. She doesn't live all that far from my son, so hopefully schedules will allow for getting together for lunch or something like that. If we do get together, we'll definitely take pictures...........clean ones, that is.... :faint:

So, adios for a while. :wave: I'll be sure to check in when I get back. Take care and try not to behave while I'm away.

nikki1979
02-19-2005, 02:59 AM
wow have fun and take care while ur gone!!!! beautiful afgan hun! ur very talented!

nikki

sodaklostsoul
02-19-2005, 03:17 AM
Have a wonderfull time SS!!!!

Lilith
02-19-2005, 07:37 AM
Have a safe trip!

BigBear57
02-19-2005, 08:48 AM
Have a great trip Hon and for Goodness sakes give Lixy a hug for us. Be safe and we'll await pics and the stories.

LixyChick
02-19-2005, 09:00 AM
*waiting with open arms*

Safe trip SS and Mr. SS!

wyndhy
02-19-2005, 02:35 PM
woot! your little boy all grown up and starting a family of his own...congrats! and safe journey!

imaginewithme
02-19-2005, 03:49 PM
Have a great time!

LixyChick
02-23-2005, 05:36 AM
I talked with SS for a short time on Sunday afternoon. It was late...around 5:30ish in the PM, but they were still on the bus and had another 2 hours travel time to Philly. We kept getting cut off and I'd call her back and try to say all I had to say before we got cut again. Finally, we agreed she should save her cell energy and call her son to tell him her ETA.

I gave her space to settle in on Monday...and was gonna call her yesterday but when I got home Mr. Lixy had other plans for my birthday...lol! I did get a message from her on my answering machine, but it was too late to call her back when I got it so I guess we'll wait till today to chat at one another.

Dunno if we can get together (I won't drive in the [big] city and hubby can't get off work)...but it'll be nice even if we only get a phone chat or two while she is near!

Just thought I'd try and update you all from my end!

osuche
02-23-2005, 08:51 AM
Safe travels, SS. Beautiful gift!

jseal
02-23-2005, 09:18 AM
Sugarsprinkles,

My best to you and yours! Nice afghan. :)

BIBI
02-23-2005, 09:45 AM
Hey SS, have a wonderful reunion with your brood and a save journey.....:)

Sugarsprinkles
03-01-2005, 09:49 AM
I guess it just wasn't meant to be. Lixy and I played a lot of phone tag but never really even got time for a nice long conversation. It was a busy week for both of us and we never could connect.

The wedding was lovely and we had a wonderful time. She's a wonderful girl and I feel very good about this marriage. She comes from a big, loving, and happy family, very much like my husband's family and they have accepted my son completely, which makes me very happy. I'm very proud of my son and very happy for him and his new wife.

I did get to have my first authentic Philly Cheese steak sandwich, and we ate a really neat restaurant that had Egg Creams on the menu. So, I got to have one of those too. We spent a great week with our son...lots of eating out, lots of shopping, and unfortunately no time for sight-seeing.

We're hoping to go back next year, in the summer. Hopefully, I'll get a chance to connect with Lixy then. And next time we'll be driving, no more 27 hr. bus rides, thank goodness!!!

dicksbro
03-01-2005, 11:57 AM
How did I not see this. Sugar ... that Afghan is absolutely beautiful. I'm sure glad you had a good time and sorry you missed the connections with Lixy. It's a shame to be so close ... but it's also hard when your schedule is tight with planned activities.

Take a hug and my apology for being late with this post. (((( :x: ))))

wyndhy
03-01-2005, 03:29 PM
welcome home SS!!!!

Teddy Bear
03-06-2005, 10:36 AM
(((((SS)))))))

I know.... I'm really late. But still wanted to say I'm glad you had a great visit with son and his in-laws.

CONGRATS to son & his bride. :)