PDA

View Full Version : silly little question

Incubus255
06-08-2006, 01:13 AM
for a completely non sexual reason *looks left and right* .... yes thats a perfectly believeable lie...... is there a good way to clean a matress? I"m pretty new to the whole home owner scene and being on the younger side have never actually run into a situation where it would be needed to clean the matress itself on a regular basis lol however my latest love gets a bit wet to put it mildy and embarassingly enough I have no idea what you would use to clean a matress lol
I imagine with enough sex going on it should probally be common knowledge on how to keep the bedroom ina nice clean condition,

Loulabelle
06-08-2006, 01:35 AM
Use a mattress protector under your sheet and wash both sheet and mattress protector regularly.

I suppose you could use carpet/upholstery cleaner on stains on it, as long as you let it air and dry thoroughly before sleeping on it again.

lonelyarmywife
06-08-2006, 06:10 AM
Not that I have alot of experience in this department *equally as believable lie* but Febreze works wonders.

WildIrish
06-08-2006, 06:59 AM
We have an anti-allergy mattress cover. It actually zips up around the mattress and there's another for the box springs too. Those are great, but you still have to clean them, and it's still a good idea to clean the mattress as well.

We don't shampoo, we just vaccuum. We have a Kirby and it sure does suck the dustmites and skin cells out! I don't know how well that cleans the mattress, but it does a great job of selling vaccuums. lmfao

maddy
06-08-2006, 07:30 PM
That makes me think when I change my sheets this weekend I ought to let the Dyson have a whirl at the mattress. I'll probably be completely disgusted.

Mercury_Maniac
06-08-2006, 09:35 PM
ok here it goes.

3 things, some kind of flammable liquid in a can, a lighter and a fire extinguisher

that'll kill the dust mites, make the stains un-noticeable........and if you can't get it the way you want it, just let it burn and buy a new one :D

Oldfart
06-09-2006, 01:37 AM
Aha, the Conflagration Theory of Cleanliness.

It worked for the Black Death.

Fangtasia
06-09-2006, 03:26 AM
Talcum powder.....sprinkle it on...it will soak up wet spots...do not rub...leave it to completely dry then vacuum off

bare4you
06-10-2006, 02:53 PM
ok here it goes.

3 things, some kind of flammable liquid in a can, a lighter and a fire extinguisher

that'll kill the dust mites, make the stains un-noticeable........and if you can't get it the way you want it, just let it burn and buy a new one :D

A little drastic but effective!!!

souls_cry2000
06-20-2006, 07:07 PM
I've been thinking more of using one of those vinyl or water proof matress covers. My baby worries about the matress so much and I don't want to add another piece of laundry to an already growing list.

Wicked Wanda
06-22-2006, 07:51 PM
I have tried almost everything.
The down side of having a busy sex life is the clean up after. This is in no small part the reason I do lots of hotel rondezvous. (By the way I am currently trying to remove a mix of spermacide, peanut butter and cum from a older pre- fabric treatment sofa, any suggestions?)
By the way, the spray on fabric treatments applied to a mattress help with post sex clean up too, but not all can be slept on for some reason (check the label)
I have tried Fabreez (does wonders for odors, stain removal was not that good) and even some commercial mattress cleaning agents along with vacuuming.
I have been through 3 mattresses in 5 years due to stains that wouldn't come out. I once even tried a waterbed!! (just wipe up after, but you still have to wash the mattress cover)
For a regular mattress a hotel grade mattress cover is best, but it does add to the laundry load. Also keeping a stock of nice soft clean large fluffy towels next to the bed helps a LOT.

Wanda