PDA

View Full Version : Have you done your Kegel today?

campingboy
12-10-2006, 08:28 PM
I'm wondering how many of you do Kegel exercises? Yes both men and woman can do them. I think there is a link somewhere on this site about how each should find and exercise there PC mussel.

I have been doing these exercises for about 6 months now. I have noticed a big difference. My orgasms are stronger. I'm currently single so I masturbate, and I have noticed that when I cum I shoot a lot further then I use to.

I do my workout twice a day, going and returning home from work.

I'm just wondering if anyone else Kegel's and what difference have they noticed?

-=Kenshin=-
12-10-2006, 08:55 PM
I can tell the difference as well after about a week/2weeks of doing kegal. Orgasms tend to be a bit stronger but good god, I became a squirter when i cum :p Now the problem is it tends to erupt just like old faithful or something hahah. I gotta make sure it shoots in streams. Any advice?

Loulabelle
12-11-2006, 04:30 AM
I am only just becoming able to feel my muscles down there after giving birth two weeks ago! But yes I am trying to do the exercises....

CrouchingBuddha
12-11-2006, 05:27 PM
Lou, I'm sure there's a thread dedicated to this somewhere, given how long you've been here and how ingrained you are into the pixieness, but I can't find it, soooo...

CONGRATS on the baby!! I hope you and fussy are proud, 'cause ya should be! ;)

This thread has officially been :jacques:

WildIrish
12-11-2006, 06:01 PM
Hey Loulabelle...if you need someone to feel those muscles for ya, well, :fone: ;)

Loulabelle
12-12-2006, 03:52 AM
Eeeek! Thanks WI, but if it's all the same to you, I'll pass for the moment! Give the stitches time to heal.... ;)

Wicked Wanda
12-14-2006, 09:02 AM
I learned all about Kegal exercises from a Med Student I dated in Nursing School. They have had a HUGE impact on my enjoyment of intercourse, which is kind of funny, since he taught me the exercises to increase HIS pleasure!! (MEN!!! LOL)
I love the look on men's faces when I start a rythmic squeeze and release!!

Just to mention it, there are a lot of other exercises that you can do that are more for your own pleasure than the man's. Many if not all of these have yoga origins.
(these are more or less right out of the class handouts, so I am not taking resposibility for bad grammar!)

Wear loose, comfortable clothes, or better yet do this in the nude (I do)

First three are general pelvic strength exercise that I learned in yoga.

1. Get on your hands and knees upon the floor leaning backwards so that your bottom rests on your feet. Take a deep breath, let it out and stretch your arms forwards, out away from your body as you take a deep breath in, filling your lungs totally with air. Move forward until your nipples are just grazing the floor. Hold your breath. With your "anal" muscles and pull your anal opening as deeply inward as you can. The best way I can describe this is it's like when you have had an enema and are trying with all your might to hold it in. Don't strain when squeezing. This is more exhausting than it sounds. Keep squeezing and relaxing 3-5 times, but not so long that you get short of breath. Then up on your hands and knees again. Relax a while in this position and then you can repeat.

2. Get on your back on the floor with your arms along your sides and relax, breathing out. Then breath in deeply while relaxing all the muscles you do not need for breathing. Breath out. When breathing out, squeeze your anal muscles and pull your anal opening as deeply inward as you can. Do not strain or get exhausted. After breathing out, relax your anal muscles again. Practice the breathing in and out while squeezing 3-8 times, but not so much that you get exhausted. Then relax again.

3. Again on your back on the floor, move your arms out completely in an arch up towards the ceiling over your head and then down to the floor over your head so that your whole body is stretched from head to toe. While swinging your arms, take a deep breath, filling your lungs totally with air. As you take a breath, holding the air inside, you squeeze your anal muscles and pull your anal opening as deeply inward as you can. Remember, do not strain when squeezing. Relax your anal muscles completely again, then repeat the squeezing and relaxing 3-5 times. Don't forget to move your arms back done to the floor at the same time as you empty your lungs. Do this for a few minutes, rest awhile and then you can repeat the exercise if you wish.

These increase your pelvic muscle strength and suppleness, and flexibility.
(Sorry guys, this was a Lesbian sexual yoga class, and I have no idea if these are helpful for men. they probably are, but I don't know for sure.)

This is a "more strength in bed" exercise I learned.
Start in the pushup position, arms extended. Engage your abs as you lower your body slowly toward the floor. Stop when your torso is about 2 to 3 inches away. Keeping elbows in, hold there for five breaths, then lower to the floor. Repeat three times at first and build up to five.

Remember, the stronger and more flexible you are, the better the sex.

Breathing is everything is yoga, and in sex, so here are some breathing exercises with a sexual bent

In a seated position, bring the soles of your feet together, put your hands on your ankles, allow your knees to relax toward the floor, and hinge forward at the hips as far as is comfortable. Hold for 10 to 15 complete breaths (inhales and exhales). If you are pregnant **check with your doctor first* or overweight, do this slowly, and don't expect to have the full range of motion untilyou have practiced this.
A breathing exercise that can cause a truly explosive orgasm-
While you're in the middle of intercourse, or nearing orgasm through other means, take rapid, forceful, and rhythmic breaths through your nose with your mouth closed. (Don't worry if your partner thinks you're hyperventilating) The results can be startling to say the least when you orgasm.

A personal note:
It feels so good to share this with you here in Pixies. I had almost abandoned being a sexual health educator, until a friend pointed out that I could share my training here.

If you wish me to stop, just private message me. I don't want to start a debate in the forums over this.

Love,

Wicked Wanda

Sweet-n-Sassy
12-14-2006, 10:40 PM
Wicked Wanda - I enjoyed the info and look forward to any additional information that you provide.

Kegels - Are any of the "gadgets" that are out there for kegels benneficial? I have been trying them on and off since I gave birth to my first child. I think I can feel them when practicing, but my partner doesn't seem to notice. Hope this isn't a dumb question....

Also, want to say hi and thank you to everyone that contributes here. I've been visiting as a guest for a few years now and just recently decided to become a member. I've ejoyed the stories, pictures, conversations, etc. that I've found. Everyone seems very nice and extremly helpful.

CrouchingBuddha
12-15-2006, 12:09 AM
Welcome to sweet-n-sassy! Hope you enjoy being a noob as much as I do ;)

I've never tried kergels...I knew men could do them, but I've never heard of them being beneficial in the sexual department like they are for women, and I don't particular have a bladder/urinary problem, sooo...I figured, why? Maybe I need to research more thoroughly ^^;

Very valuable information, Wanda. And while I'm not sure to what kind of degree, these would be helpful to men as well.

I know these kinds of things are good for women on a pleasure/orgasmic heightening way, so I'm not sure if that would help with me. But it would help them in areas of stamina, possible ejaculation control, and general health.

Many of the stretches and exercises found in Yoga can be found in the more obscure and thorough martial arts, which is where I know these things from. Specifically the breathing exercises are very important to a martial artist. We see the physical benefits of breathing control and pacing, but we also apply a spiritual layer to it that is found in traditional Yoga.

I've always enjoyed that physical/spiritual blending that comes with many stretching and breathing exercises. I've never gotten into Yoga...it lacks the extra bit of body conditioning (not as in the getting muscular sense, more in the toughening sense) that I enjoy. But I probably will one day, just to hone my understanding of those breathing and stretching forms.

Wow. this is slightly off topic.

Wicked Wanda
12-15-2006, 01:02 AM
Frankly I am wary of any gadget that is supposed to be used for something as simple and straightforward as Kegel exercises.
The devices that you insert into your vagina to provide resistence to the squeezing movement sound promising, but still...

By the way, I do not own any "workout" gadgets either. I do go to a gym and use the machines there. I would own my treadmill and stair climber if I had the space and money. But I have never been tempted to try the ones sold on TV. The only thing I have for my home workouts is a mat.

*sigh*

I can't believe how narrow minded I am about some things, but I have learned to trust my own instincts.

WW

Loulabelle
12-15-2006, 06:36 AM
WW - you do right to steer clear of home work-out equipment. In my experience they make very useful clothes horses and not much else! I too was wondering about the kegel gadgets but I'll at least need to wait until my stitches have fully healed!

wyndhy
12-15-2006, 09:23 AM
i'm doing them right now! :D

Mercury_Maniac
12-15-2006, 08:39 PM
i used to do them now and then, guess i never paid attention what effects they had.

perhaps i will start doing them if i think of it

campingboy
12-15-2006, 11:12 PM
A friend of mine uses the SmartBalls as part of her workout. She does not use these to replace her squeeze and relax program. Here is a site that wrote a review about them http://couplesreviews.com/2006/04/08/smart-balls-sex-toy-review/

Wicked Wanda
12-16-2006, 08:26 AM
Ohhhh kaaayyyyyyy...

*giggles*

If I understand, these just provide sexual stimulation during a workout?

Other than working to keep from loosing them when you sneeze or when stepping on the escalator at Macy's, they are rigid, and for me wouldn't provide much more of an excercise past that.

I own some very nice Ben Wa balls. (When I was younger, I though it was spelled Benoit. Hey, I lived in New Orleans.) And I while I wear them for fun (i.e.sexual stimulation) but I don't think I could do either a home routine or go to the gym using them.

I mean, like I don't get horny enough when I go to the gym?

WW :boink: