PDA

View Full Version : Question for all

Rhiannon
11-14-2007, 06:38 PM
Hi All
I have been told by many people that men and women can't be friends as sexuality gets in the way.

Give me your 2 cents worth.

Jude30
11-14-2007, 06:43 PM
I'd like to think that I've been pretty good friends to a number of women. While I might have found a few of them sexually appealing, I also love my wife and would hope I'd never fuck up in that way.

Aqua
11-14-2007, 07:18 PM
I think that for the majority of men, if they are friends with a woman they will most likely think of having sex with them. They may never show any outward signs of this, but it can still create tension.

Pita
11-14-2007, 10:00 PM
I agree with Aqua. I have had many male friends and there is usually this underlying sexual tension. I actually like it as long as it is kept in its proper place. :)

Oldfart
11-15-2007, 06:18 AM
You can be friends with the opposite sex and be aware that under different circumstances sex would be an option.

lc69hunter
11-15-2007, 07:50 AM
Oldfart really put it in perspective. I have had, and currently have, probably ,more female friends than men friends. I have had female housemates. All platonic, but the thought is there.

gekkogecko
11-15-2007, 09:34 AM
People who adopt this point of view are the ones who are so obsessed by sexuality that they feel the need to control others'.

WildIrish
11-15-2007, 09:40 AM
I have had a variety of female friends that I was truly good friends with for a long time.

I've never had sex with any of them, but at one time or another wondered what they looked like naked. More as a point of curiosity than anything else. Perhaps because of that, it's never created any kind of tension or changed the dynamic of the relationship.

Rhiannon
11-15-2007, 10:12 AM
Thank you all for your responses.. i too have many men friends and the funny thing we joke that we don't have any desires on each other. we are both reasonable attractive people but the fire isn't there.

My spouse was and is my bestest friend and we started off as friends and then friends with benefits. I think there was always an uncurrent upon our friendship . We are the good internet story as we did meat on-line and we have been married 9 years and have our adopted 4 year old. :loveshowe