PDA

View Full Version : To San Francisco on Business

Robert
07-11-2008, 07:17 AM
Hello All,

I am going to be in San Francisco on business next week 7/13-7/21. Can anyone offer any sightseeing tips or just want to hang out?

Robert

Lilith
07-11-2008, 08:25 AM
Cool. Bring me back something pretty??? or naked pics of you on a trolley :D

jseal
07-11-2008, 10:04 AM
Robert,

If you can think of a way to get the compary to pay for it, I recommend the Carnelian Room (http://carnelianroom.com/) for dinner. :thumbs:

John

osuche
07-11-2008, 10:42 AM
Sightseeing tips:
- Take the rental car up to Napa and do some wine tasting. If you like wine, PM me and I can suggest some good locations.
- Go to Alcatraz Island - it's a couple hour commitment and involves a cruise on a ferry
- Take a walk through Chinatown (downtown SF)
- Visit Haight Ashbury if you want to see the 60's reborn
- Go to Ghirdhelli Square and get some ice cream
- Drive down to Monterey on Highway 1 and enjoy the coastline - frankly, any drive on Hwy. 1 is gorgeous

I'll be out of town next week, or I'd meet up with you. Unfortunately, I am headed to Atlanta. Trust me, SF is the better city of the two.

dicksbro
07-12-2008, 07:11 AM
Sightseeing tips:
- Take the rental car up to Napa and do some wine tasting. If you like wine, PM me and I can suggest some good locations.
- Go to Alcatraz Island - it's a couple hour commitment and involves a cruise on a ferry
- Take a walk through Chinatown (downtown SF)
- Visit Haight Ashbury if you want to see the 60's reborn
- Go to Ghirdhelli Square and get some ice cream
- Drive down to Monterey on Highway 1 and enjoy the coastline - frankly, any drive on Hwy. 1 is gorgeous

I'll be out of town next week, or I'd meet up with you. Unfortunately, I am headed to Atlanta. Trust me, SF is the better city of the two.

I'll second osuche's recommendations. Before I retired, I used to get out to the Bay Area once or twice a year and over some ten years, got to try a bit of all she mentioned. :thumbs: