PDA

View Full Version : $$The Pot Of Money$$

PantyFanatic
09-04-2009, 01:20 AM
:rant:
Is anybody else having a problem with the Michael Jackson CIRCUS? :clown:

Regardless of where your personal appreciation for the man and his talent is ranked by you, I have to think that the exploitation of his death has to be starting to be as repulsive to somebody else as I'm finding it. :eew:

To see the respect that the passing of any person warrants being used in the way I have witness since his death is a new low in my view, even for what (personal prospective) I consider the commercial organization that turned a little black kid with a super musical talent into a freak. He generated countless fortunes for a ring of handlers and promoters at a cost similar to that of Cassius Clay/Muhammad Ali.

We have lost many very talented people from the entertainment industry and from many other fields that have made valuable contributions to culture and society with as much and more meaning and longer lasting effect. Most have not received this fabricated acclaim and I personally feel it diminishes and cheapens whatever memories you have as they continue to squeeze out the last lucre. I see their money pot as a thunder mug. :hair:

dicksbro
09-04-2009, 02:55 AM
I agree with you, PF. I think they've overdone the event and made it a circus. I don't like that. I think MJ was a very talented artist who was corrupted by the business and is still be exploited even after his death. It's very sad.

scotzoidman
09-04-2009, 11:00 AM
The worst of it (as I've posted elsewhere) is at the TV Guide Channel...for those of you not being screwed by ComCrap like I am, it's the one channel I can go to find out what else is on without the digital box (which is in the other room in my house); an ever scrolling bar at the bottom of the screen displays everything not worth watching on the other 57 channels, which requires that I watch for several minutes to get thru them all, & the top 2/3 of the screen shows really mind-numbing crap to distract you...until last month! Now it's 24/7 Michael Jackson, 1st an hour to show all the celebs eulogize MJ as the greatest artist of all time, then an hour comparing him to the other King, Elvis, then more hot "breaking" news about the investigation into his death, & how his estate will be settled, and then...

ENOUGH ALREADY!!!!!!!!!!

R.I.F.P. fercryinabucket!

dm383
09-04-2009, 12:33 PM
I think the whole scenario surrounding Jackson's death was inevitable, really, and has been for many years. While the manner of his passing may or may not be a surprise, the "after-effects" definitely aren't.

mercifulangel
09-04-2009, 05:55 PM
enough is enough let him rest in peace.

Oldfart
09-04-2009, 08:57 PM
You're looking at this the wrong way. MJ's life was a circus and this is just tapering off.

PantyFanatic
09-04-2009, 09:59 PM
I can quite cold turkey. :nod:

Teddy Bear
09-04-2009, 10:32 PM
It has to be hard to keep his children from seeing all of it.

Oldfart
09-05-2009, 01:57 AM
They're in #1 ring, centre stage.

PF, is that another of your cute and unusual habits?

CuteCoupleOz
09-05-2009, 03:44 AM
I'm fairly certain that a great deal of this is plotted, planned and put on by all the leeches which surrounded him in life. And they, no doubt, believed that at his young age, their golden meal ticket would continue on for many years. They have to suck every last cent out of a talented legacy to further line their bottomless pockets. It is a real shame that true artists are forced (out of necessity) to surround themselves with people to take care of the day to day matters while they only manage their own artistic bubble.

But agreed, stop now.

---- kathy

scotzoidman
09-05-2009, 10:53 PM
You're looking at this the wrong way. MJ's life was a circus and this is just tapering off.
Not quite. It WAS tapering off quite nicely before his death, now the the calliope is blowing full steam ahead.

I suppose some exploitation is inevitable, dying relatively young was Elvis' greatest career move ever, & so it will likely be for the Gloved One. I just wish they would leave the rest of us some corner where we could not get clubbed over the head with it forever more....

Oldfart
09-06-2009, 01:46 AM
There is a corner, it's called Pixies Place Forums.

PantyFanatic
09-06-2009, 09:10 AM
Amen! :wish:

Jax
09-06-2009, 12:48 PM
Yup. Bored with it.