PDA

View Full Version : Interesting situation

rabbit
10-28-2001, 10:13 AM
I have an interesting situation that happened last month that I'd like some expert insight on...

My boss is in her early 50s. I'll call her "Eileen". She is married, above average attractive, slim, outgoing, yet fairly conservative and, because of her position in the company, she is mostly reserved. We have what I would call a cordial working relationship. I have a great deal of respect for her.

Last month for my birthday she gave me a pair of red paisley boxer shorts.

How should I interpret the gift? She hasn't made any flurtatious suggestions at work yet I feel as though she was trying to send me a message. Needless to say, I haven't told my wife about the gift.

I have NO INTENTION about saying anything to Eileen other than "thank you" (risk is too high to do otherwise) but the true intent behind the gift is very intriguing to me.

What do you all think?

rabbit

Nubian
10-28-2001, 10:33 PM
Forgetting the inappropriateness of the gift, for now, I think you're right in that she might be sending you a message. I wouldn't push it though, it's too touchy a situation her being your boss and all. Besides, you're (presumably) happily married, so I'd let it go if I were you.

rabbit
10-29-2001, 08:51 AM
You are right Nubian, and I made the decision to "let it go" about a day after I got the gift. I sent her a "thank you" note and left it at that. Still, I wonder what she was thinking (or hoping) I would do (presuming that she was sending me a message, which I think she was).

Even if I had followed up, that relationship would have ended after a certain number of encounters and then where would my professional future have gone?

Still, the thought of doing it with my boss...the risk, the unrealness of the situation....is quite wild. LOL...so much for fantasyland!

Nubian, thanks for your feedback!

rabbit

Finn
10-29-2001, 10:27 AM
and where would your marrige have gone? for what? i hate cheeters... drop it before u are 2 deep involved.

Nubian
10-29-2001, 06:17 PM
You're welcome. By the way, I quite understand the attraction of the forbidden fruit. But each person has to weight the costs/benefits in situation such as yours. I applaud you on your decision.

rabbit
10-29-2001, 08:19 PM
Thanks Finn and Nubian...I am convinced that any follow up on my behalf (other than the "thank you" note) would likely lead to big trouble (one way or another). It was an easy choice, even if I had been single.

Seems like you are both convinced that the motive behind the gift was not innocent...

rabbit

Finn
10-30-2001, 02:10 AM
i canīt imagine itīs innocent, she must be a hard calculating women if she is a boss in this hard competitive mansdominated word... (sorry my english) i think a women like her has a plan or thought for her own benefits in whatever she doeīs.

and for the cheeting part: yes, its exiting, but NOT worth it. been there, done that... once i did it i hate myself 4 loosing the love of my life...

hope u can stay away from the temptation, enjoy your wife

Lovediva
10-30-2001, 12:10 PM
Rabbit,

I think it's best that you just leave it at a thank you.

But if it would have been a red g-string...then.......maybee.... :D ;)

But if she keeps on giving you personal items....I would ask her straight out!!!!!!!

rabbit
10-30-2001, 05:29 PM
Diva, I'd be VERY surprised if she gave me anymore personal items. She's the type of person that COULD drop a hint to someone and if they couldn't pick up on it or didn't want to, she'd leave it at that.

The g-string would be way too blatant for her style (though I do enjoy wearing them). She is a very smart person which is why I doubt that the gift was simply a poor choice.

Bottom line is that if I follow up, one of two things happens: 1) She confirms the intent of the gift and we begin a wildly physical relationship, or 2) I am way off base and I embarass myself and probably make our working relationship on a go-forward basis uncomfortable. If #1 comes to pass, there will be an end to it and that end won't be pretty (professionally and/or personally) since this can't be a one night stand (to say nothing about the guilt afterwards).

In this case, Finn is right...not worth it.

Still, the thought of it has been making me horny as hell! I can just see myself bending her over her desk, her dress up over hips, her undies around her ankles, and me pumping her from behind.

Damn, I hate birthdays!

rabbit

Oldfart
10-30-2001, 06:43 PM
Rabbit.

The "in your pants" clue is fairly obvious.

If you follow it up, look forward to fun followed by not-fun.

If you don't follow it up, beware resentment.

Play dumb ( behave, Diva) and hope it'll go away.

Irish
10-31-2001, 08:29 AM
rabbit---Forget it.Fooling around;sexually;at work is nothing but
trouble!Example:Where I used to work;there was a woman;who
everyone wanted to have sexual contact with because; even tho;
she was married;she constantly talked about masturbating and
fellatio.She was also built like a wet dream.She approached me
and we entered into a relationship of hand jobs and fellatio.I
worked for an aircraft manufacturer and the hanger boss had
offered her money for sex.She refused him.Somehow he found out
about our relationship.Altho he was always friendly to me;you
could forget about ever getting a raise.He had to approve it.As
I said;She approached me. Irish
P.S.That's the main reason why ;I left that job;after 6yrs.The chance of promotion was nil!