PDA

View Full Version : hello there...

MilkToast
02-26-2002, 06:59 PM
Thought I would post under the new user name... gone is the one that is based on my dumb e-mail address (ny_play02)... now I have my "new and improved" screen name... based on a cartoon character (spelling differs) that I used to really like when it was in print...

happy messaging...
-Toast

Aqua
02-26-2002, 07:09 PM
Welcome... er,uhm... welcome back... uhhhm... Happy Name Change... no, uhm... Hey, I like Milktoast a lot better!! :D :D
(I think that works...) ;) I like the quote too!! (I wonder if Stupendous Man ever vanquished his evil foe, Mom Lady??)

Nubian
02-26-2002, 07:16 PM
Love the name change. The avatar is bitchin' too.

Irish
02-26-2002, 07:20 PM
I think that I liked ny_play better.MilkToast sounds kind of candyassed.Remember--Image isn't everything but it makes the
initial impression! Irish
P.S.Different strokes for different folks!

Lovediva
02-26-2002, 08:59 PM
Well I also prefer NY_play...:(
But I like the new avatar and MilkToast is ok too I guess...

BUT how did you manage to change your name and still save the amount of posts you had with NY_PLAY????????? :

MilkToast
02-26-2002, 09:52 PM
Irish - as you said, different strokes... since I started really liking this board I had really begun to dislike the name I had chose from the get go, in the end it was a choice of trying to change it or to let the old one fade away and register a new one. Initially it was all about something that was "untraceable" (not that there is such a thing in the on-line world) and the more I have grown to like this place the more I wanted to move away from that...

Diva - Kim was kind enough to change it for me and that allowed me to keep the posting records intact... I kind of like it, as there is still a "trail" of former posts and comments, but a new name...

the name (as I mentioned in another thread) is one that I like due to my affinity for certain cartoon characters... the whole "Bloom County" and "Calvin and Hobbes" comic strips were a major part of my growing up and to date I still love the characters and stories...

the choice of the small little roach was an easy one... he was always getting into some form of trouble or another... it is also a moniker that I have used in the past (and will continue to use) as an on-line presence...

so there you have it...

-Toast

sugarfreecandy
02-26-2002, 10:30 PM
Love the new name. I think it makes the whole place more vibrant if we can each express who we really are in as many ways as possible (despite the need many of us feel to hide our actual names and faces) and I think your new name allows you to express that much better than your old one. Your explanation of why you wanted to change was extremely well put, too. I'll be looking forward to lots more posts under the name!

--- sweetstuff

scotzoidman
02-26-2002, 11:53 PM
Congrats on making the change, I was a big fan of "Bloom Co." & "Calvin & Hobbs" myself... I remember "Milquetoast" as a character with even dimmer perception than Opus, but whatever puts the creme in your Twinkie
Kinda makes me jealous, tho... I tried to change my name early on (for about the same reasons), never even got an answer from Kim... oh well..