PDA

View Full Version : All work and no play........

Lilith
03-04-2002, 01:22 PM
makes Jack a dull boy! (the same goes for Jill as well :D)
I am just curious....... How many of you are playing at Pixies when you are supposed to be working?

mindboxer505
03-04-2002, 01:26 PM
NEVER........No access at my work..........
But i do get on during my lunch hour.....quick- one- hand on key board and one shoving food in my mouth......lol

Lilith
03-04-2002, 01:29 PM
it would seem you could be one hand short :D just let me know if I can lend you one...:D

Ophelia
03-04-2002, 01:29 PM
Um....:rolleyes: Yeah....I catch up on the Pixies news while at work! Check out my "finally" thread to see how I utilize my office equipment! :yellghst:

Ophelia

Aqua
03-04-2002, 01:36 PM
Well, I rarely can at home, so almost always while working... ;)

mindboxer505
03-04-2002, 01:38 PM
Promises, promises.......actually Their are a few other bodyparts i could get interested in............hands, feet, mouth........

Lilith
03-04-2002, 01:42 PM
I am supposed to be working on assignments for my web classes
;);)
With as much time as I am spending online at Pixies I would have been able to get a PHD by now :D

mindboxer505
03-04-2002, 01:49 PM
Yeah this does get addictive. When we first got on the net, i would stay up til 4 or 5 am ''surfing the net''. I developed such a listing in my favorites file i had to break it down into categories.
Now for every hour on the net i try and spend two helping around the house or spend it with my kids after school........

Lilith
03-04-2002, 01:54 PM
Good plan! I leave the computer on to avoid the phone so sometimes I am on but not really on.
When you get done at your house you can come help out here:D There is nothing, and I do mean nothing, sexier than a man on his knees.................. scrubbing out the tub..........:D

Irish
03-05-2002, 09:18 AM
Lilith---You said that you leave the computer on to avoid the phone.I ;actually;changed my internet provider because of that.
I was working temporary service jobs.(manpower,etc.)I had to
have access to a phone constantly.If my line was busy;they would
probably call someone else.Can't blame them as they had a contract to fill with their customer.I had AOL(which I liked)but the
computer access was on the phone line.My telivision cable company also has an internet company that connects your computer using your TV cable.That leaves the phone line open
even if you are on the computer.It's more expensive but in my case is alot more practical.I have to use my computer but I also
have to feed my family. Irish
P.S.I screen my calls with my awnsering machine because;I am too thrifty(cheap)to get"Call Awnsering."

legend
03-05-2002, 12:49 PM
Irish- ADSL uses the phone line but still allows u to make and receive phone calls. Expensive though.

bunny_girl
03-05-2002, 05:25 PM
I've been good recently, there was a point when I was on here whenever I was at home (all day internet with a separate phone line). I've had loads of work to do for my course in the last 2 weeks and panic has well and truly set in, tonight is my night off.

Nubian
03-05-2002, 05:26 PM
Got access at work but it's too darn risky. It's torture waiting 'till I get home, but it's definitely more safe.

mindboxer505
03-05-2002, 05:32 PM
Sure lilith .......I'll come scrub out your TUB.....but only if you are in it!!!lol
Then you can help me with the cobwebs in my basement( ''nothing lovelier than a woman sssstretched out, reaching for something!!!!!!!!!)

MissX
03-05-2002, 06:31 PM
hi there, no chance of getting on at work so I log on whenever I can at home....fighting sleep at the moment but this site is worth it!

Lilith
03-05-2002, 06:39 PM
Sometimes I expect the people who log on as soon as they get home to announce,"Honey I'm home!" when they get here.
I think this place is heaven for insomniacs too. Then for some it provides a distraction from the drudgery of work. I just am glad that you all join in when ever and where ever to make this place so great!

mindboxer505
03-05-2002, 08:59 PM
LLLLLUUUUUCCCCCCYYYYY IIIIII''''MMMMM HHHHHHHOOOOOMMMMMEEEEE!!!!!!!!!LMAO!!!!!
How well yu know me..... just got home from my tkdo class and started up the computer. wife's in the kitchen cooking and the kids are running around driving both of us nuts!!!!!! Here i can ''zone'' out and just let my fingers do the talking and this is a great place to ''do'' it . lol!!!!!!!!!

xanne
03-05-2002, 09:06 PM
Not at work unfortunately.

But always at home. I have cable modem access and it is just easy to keep it on all the time ;) This is getting way too addictive :rolleyes:

Lilith
03-05-2002, 09:47 PM
Xanne~ Aquaman and I are holding a 12 step meeting in Danziggy's thread in the personals forum. :D You must be willing to confront your addiction head on :D

mindboxer505
03-05-2002, 10:13 PM
Hi.....my name is mindboxer and I am a Pixie's addict.......<sob..sob..> Just can't turn on my computer without going to it and BAM <sob sob> I'M LOOKING AT CORNCOBS GOING IN ORFICES... DOUBLE PENETRATING......DANCING ON THE NET WITH A BITCHY MEMBER.......... SOMEONE HELLP ME<AAAGGH> C-A-N C-O-N-T-R-O-L M-Y-S-E-L-F!!!!!!!!!<WHHHAAAAAAA..sob sob>
ok i'm ok.........getting under control............but.but just one mmoree lookkkk!! aggghhhhh!!!!!!
Guess i'm hooked...Lilith,,,what's the first step????? Please tell me....is their a cure??????

sugarfreecandy
03-05-2002, 10:49 PM
Hmm. Do I check Pixies' while I'm at work? Well, I can't check it from any of my 'normal' type jobs, but I do a lot of freelance work (e.g., my illustrations, my web design, etc.) and that involves being on the computer a lot when I'm at home, as do my studies (I'm in the final term of my BA in anthropology and religious studies, so writing papers is the order of the day). And since I have a DSL connection, if I'm at the computer I'm automatically on-line... And if I'm on-line I naturally have at least one window open to Pixies'... And of course if I have a window open to Pixies' I have to refresh it periodically to keep tabs on what's going on... :rolleyes: Ummm, if you'll excuse me, I have a twelve-step meeting to get to in the other thread. :o

--- sweetstuff

Lilith
03-05-2002, 10:54 PM
I think my husband is planning some sort of intervention :D

Oldfart
03-06-2002, 08:03 AM
Home,

No access at work.

MilkToast
03-06-2002, 07:08 PM
though I think that I have a way to be able to play at work (encrypted tunnel to the machine at home, then access to the web) it is not worth the risk of someone walking in at the wrong time... so at home it is (where the access is just as fast or better).

MissX
03-06-2002, 07:12 PM
No matter what time I get in from work there is always something new here....it is a great way to chill out, forget the "argh" stuff of the day, and get back to being kinda human and normal, you know?

Summer
05-25-2004, 06:55 PM
Work! What is this thing called Work!?!?!

musketeer
05-26-2004, 03:39 AM
No PC at work so I have to wait until I get home

naughtyangel
05-26-2004, 06:05 AM
This place is nutty for reviving old threads! lol

They don't give us net access at work, so it's at home for me!

jay-t
05-26-2004, 12:00 PM
No wonder the honey-do list gets longer every day! Just thought she was trying to keep me out of her hair.

imaginewithme
05-26-2004, 12:50 PM
I check in from work occassionally if nothing is going on and then feel bad for sluffing off. I clean out the history, temp files and stuff just in case.
But, as you all know, am here a lot at night time. Every day I tell myself...don't do it, don't go in there, don't go to pixies....

Teddy Bear
05-26-2004, 01:09 PM
Hasn't anyone found a way we can get paid to be here??

The Shadow
05-26-2004, 01:28 PM
Ill never admit to it !!!!!!

Coaster
05-26-2004, 01:35 PM
Guilty as charged!

Pegasusx62
05-26-2004, 07:41 PM
*frowns* no access at work .....

but I do keep in touch while at work *grins* :D

and it's anything but dull...*giggles*

darogle
05-27-2004, 11:16 PM
Pixie's is the only thing that makes work tolerable! :p

darogle
05-27-2004, 11:18 PM
Pixie's is the only thing that makes work tolerable! :p

imaginewithme
05-27-2004, 11:21 PM
The only thing??????

osuche
05-27-2004, 11:26 PM
Better question...how many of us are WORKING when we should be playing? :p

dicksbro
05-28-2004, 03:25 AM
Well, I really should be getting ready for work ... but ... what the heck ... a few more posts. :D

denny
05-28-2004, 07:48 PM
I should be getting home but yeah, just a few more.