PDA

View Full Version : New Year Resolution Problemo

david owiye
07-12-2002, 11:24 AM
One of my new year res.. was to get a new job and improve my living standards and educate my sister but to date this hasn't happened. I still do the same old job and nothing seems to be looking up.What do you do when you don"t meet your resolutions?

lol,

david.

Lilith
07-12-2002, 12:08 PM
I lie and change the resolution to be something I have already or could actually accomplish!!!!! :D:D:D

Clint
07-12-2002, 12:16 PM
Don't set your standards too high. Take it one day at a time and eventually you will accomplish your resolutions. Make them something within your reaches. If you don't set them within your reach, you will be discouraged when it doesn't happen as quickly as you would like. Plus, it's only July :D :) :D

Steph
07-12-2002, 03:38 PM
Since it's July and you're still thinking about things, perhaps you could keep working on it and keep trying. Good luck!

david owiye
07-13-2002, 02:23 AM
see, it's only july and i really didn't set my standards that high and lying and assuming am on the right truck is actually not for me. Maybe i should go by shakespears "ALL THE WORLDS A STAGE..."

Thanx Lilith

Oldfart
07-13-2002, 08:18 AM
Set realistic goals and work your arse off to achieve them.

Irish
07-13-2002, 08:45 AM
I'll give you a quote from my father;it has served me well in everything that I ever tried to accomplish:"There is no shame in
not being able to do something!The shame is in not trying!"
The motto that;I have always lived by is:A winner;never quits;
and;a quitter never wins!
Just don't give up and say that you can't do something!Rome wasn't built in a day. Irish

MissX
07-13-2002, 05:13 PM
Hang on, I ain't great at math but that makes 3 resolutions...not 1 and they are 3 pretty tough ones to meet....besides it's only July :)

Irish
07-13-2002, 05:57 PM
Miss X---I may be wrong;but if you're talking about my reply;those
weren't resolutions of mine.They were ;things for him;to go by;to help him keep his resolutions!The motto is MY personal motto.I
don't make resolutions!If you live by a certain standard;anything
is achievable;if you work at it hard enough. Irish
P.S.Do unto others;as they would do unto you;only;do it to them;
first!

MissX
07-13-2002, 06:33 PM
Sorry Irish I probably wasn't clear there, but I was meaning that the things that David had to go by sounded more like three resolutions than one, and they were all pretty big resolutions to aim for...
get a new job
improve living standards
educate sister
I like your personal motto of not making resolutions! :)

Grumble
07-13-2002, 09:01 PM
I like your dads perception Irish. It is having a go that matters.

David, I understand your frustration but it seems you are trying to accomplish those lofty goals, keep at it bud, persistance pays off.