PDA

View Full Version : Holy Crap!!!

cuteglutes
08-23-2002, 04:11 PM
I had cable internet instaled today. i cant believe how FAST my internet connection is now,damn, theres no going back to dial-up now. no way!!!..... no how!!!...... uhh uh!!! i just downloaded a 10meg file in about ONE MINUTE!!! on dial-up that would have taken hours. well.. just wanted to share. (do'in the happy dance right now):D :D :D :D :D

Clint
08-23-2002, 04:20 PM
I have a cable modem too!!!!! WHOO-HOO!!!!! Welcome to the future my man.

*Clint

Thinker
08-23-2002, 04:23 PM
Hmm nice, I have a cable modem at home, it is nice and fast. But the best performence I got was from the internet at the university I go to (which I will be returning to very soon). I once downloaded a 5 meg file in about a second. Very impresive, but their connection would cost quite a few thousand a month to get at home. I only pay like $100 US a year for the internet there :D

Uncle Silky
08-23-2002, 04:44 PM
*grumble and headshake* high-n-mighty sunsabitches...

LixyChick
08-23-2002, 04:57 PM
What year is this? I mean, I still have to get a damn DVD thingy! And when I do.....they'll change it to a DRVDR or some crap! My stupid microwave doesn't even have a turnable thinga-ma-bob! I can't take this!!!!! Every time I turn around I have to update and make the other obselete! I am with Uncle.......you's is all sunsabitches!

*weeping*

Lilith
08-23-2002, 05:09 PM
Lucky you... I remember the day I got cable....pervin at the speed of sound or light or whatever... the bitch is fast!!!!!:D:D:p

Murphy
08-23-2002, 05:57 PM
Damn city slickers! Out here on the Internet Horse Trail, I'd have to shell out $2,500 just to get them to run 5 miles of cable from the nearest junction to my cabin. Been looking into DirectWay Satellite. $99 down, then pay off the remaining $6-700... but the connect costs like $59.95/mo - trade that off to 4-5Gb/s transfer rates tho...guess I'll just keep payin off my (disconnected) phone bill and get that turned back on.....

dicksbro
08-29-2002, 03:48 PM
Unc and Lixy, I'm with you. Plain old dial-up is about all I can get unless I want to mortgage the house.

Aqua
08-29-2002, 04:33 PM
What year is this? I mean, I still have to get a damn DVD thingy! And when I do.....they'll change it to a DRVDR or some crap!
Hmmmm, a DRVDR... You mean a Digital Resolution Vector Dynamic Recording?? :p :p

LixyChick
08-30-2002, 05:44 AM
OMG Auqa! Do I get residual payment for helping to make that up? Arrrrggggggggg......I knew I shoulda been an inventor!