Pixies Place Forums

Pixies Place Forums (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Sex Talk (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Is a Constitutional Amendment necessary or what? (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19085)

nikanik 03-08-2004 04:07 PM

Thank you fussy. Maybe now this will be the end of this thread. I know I have had my say in the matter but we should be like family and just say fuck the differences and love each other any way

Oldfart 03-08-2004 11:56 PM

Lord hasn't this rattled a few cages.

Marriage is a formal union of loving people, with different connotations

between cultures. Islam allows 4 wives, Solomon had 1000 and

someone else allows polyandry (multiple husbands).

If same sex marriages had the same divorce, spousal support,

child support (for IVF or adopted kids), and all the other obligations

cast during a heterosexual marriage, why not?

We don't have to like our neighbours, just be civil and keep the

peace.

I suspect we have a few rabble rousers pouring volotiles on the

fire just to keep the heat going.

Pixies is the most inclusive place I know, with a real sense of demanding

a "fair go" for all, regardless of race, gender, sexual preference

and if any of the discussion members of this thread are unhappy

with this, then maybe they're just in the wrong thread.

BTW, when these smoke-screen issues are brought forward

by the pollies, ask what they are hiding behind it. You won't like it.

Lovediva 03-09-2004 08:51 AM

Comical inter-mission :D

Daddy Long Legs

A father in San Antonio watched his daughter playing in the garden. He smiled as he reflected on how sweet and innocent his little girl was.
Suddenly, she just stopped and stared at the ground. He went over to her and noticed she was looking at two spiders mating.

"Daddy, what are those two spiders doing?" she asked.

"They're mating," her father replied.

"What do you call the spider on top, Daddy?" she asked.

"That's a Daddy Longlegs," her father answered.

"So, the other one is Mommy Longlegs?" the little girl asked.

"No," her father replied. "Both of them are Daddy Longlegs. "

The little girl thought for a moment, then she stomped both spidersflat and said, "Well, it might be okay in California, Vermont, and Massachusetts, but we're not having any of that crap in Texas!"

Scarecrow 03-09-2004 05:45 PM

TY Diva, for a very good laugh.

Oldfart 03-10-2004 04:27 AM

Diva,

Is that anything like a Canadian Goose?

south 03-18-2004 09:34 AM

Diva...
I will re-tell that one for sure.

scotzoidman 03-18-2004 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Oldfart
BTW, when these smoke-screen issues are brought forward

by the pollies, ask what they are hiding behind it. You won't like it.
Once again, my old friend cuts right thru the BS to to the heart of the matter...I don't have to ask, the day they announced Bush's proposed amendment on the local news, it was preceded by news of a nearby manufacturing plant closing, putting hundreds of my fellow Tennesseans out of work...magicians call it deverting the audiences attention, don't they?

On a lighter note, I was amused by a statement someone made on V-H1 that years from now, straight people won't want to get married anymore because it's just so "gay".... :)

WildIrish 03-18-2004 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by scotzoidman
magicians call it deverting the audiences attention, don't they?

Like bombing an aspirin factory the day Monica testifies. ha ha

Oldfart 03-18-2004 10:26 PM

Hey Scotzoidman,

Good to see you in the forums.

About bloody time, too.

FussyPucker 03-24-2004 08:46 AM

What an excellent idea!

U.S. county bans all marriages
By Teresa Carson

PORTLAND, Oregon (Reuters) - In a new twist in the battle over same-sex marriage roiling the United States, a county in Oregon has banned all marriages -- gay and heterosexual -- until the state decides who can and who cannot wed.

The last marriage licences were handed out in Benton County at 4 p.m. local time on Tuesday. As of Wednesday, officials in the county of 79,000 people will begin telling couples applying for licenses to go elsewhere until the gay marriage debate is settled.

"It may seem odd," Benton County Commissioner Linda Modrell told Reuters in a telephone interview, but "we need to treat everyone in our county equally."

State Attorney General Hardy Myers said in a statement that he was "very pleased" with Benton County's decision. "It is my sincere hope that legal process will provide clarity for each of Oregon's counties."

The three County commissioners had originally decided to start handing out gay marriage licenses this week but on Monday reversed that decision amid a growing firestorm of lawsuits across the country, and decided instead to put a temporary halt to all marriages.

Rebekah Kassell, a spokeswoman for Basic Rights Oregon, a pro-gay marriage group, told Reuters; "It is certainly a different way for county commissioners to respect their constitutional obligation to apply the law equally to everyone.

"We appreciate that they are willing to say they are not going to participate in discrimination."

....rest of story here.... http://uk.news.yahoo.com/040324/80/epbw5.html

jseal 03-24-2004 09:14 AM

FussyPucker,

Seems like a straightforward technique. Of course, I'm not waiting to get married.

Perhaps this will help move the courts and politicians forward more rapidly.