Pixies Place Forums

Pixies Place Forums (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Chat (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Finding Nemo: What'd ya think, mates? (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14632)

Kissy 06-23-2003 07:18 PM

Quote:
The Invincibles... looks absolutely hysterical.

I went to pixar.com to see the trailer but it says the title is The Incredibles. It does look very cute.

My daughter is too young to go to the theater and sit still so I go alone and then we watch them at home when they come out!

erc25 06-24-2003 07:00 PM

I watched the movie.... it is pretty good. Although I still like Monster's Inc over finding nemo. I never watched a bug's life yet... I think I should.
Although my all time favorite disney animated movie is still the lion king.... never forget the opening scene. And I am still waiting for the DVD to come out.
If you are interested, I highly recommend Spirited Away. It is a japanese cartoon brought into US by disney. It is far more complex far deeper than most American cartoons. And I would suggest get the DVD and use the original Japanese version and turn on your subtitiles. The feels is far more realistic and great music too.

BlueSwede 06-24-2003 10:27 PM

Thanks for the suggestion, Eric. I'll look for it. One thing I liked about this cartoon (Finding Nemo) also was that it showed a father in a positive light and being responsible.

You know, Bambi was rather radical for its time and in that sense complex. It was rare to be so blatant about hunting and being concerned about the environment. Plus, the father played somewhat of a role in it, too.

I haven't watched any or very few Japanese cartoons. Are they usually more complex because they are geared to a more adult audience rather than just children, as American cartoons are most of the time?

Midnight Kiss 06-25-2003 12:40 PM

I took my two year old to watch Nemo and she loved it! Though she is going to drive me crazy intill it comes out on dvd, lol. She can't understand why we can't watch it when she wants to here at the house.

erc25 06-25-2003 12:43 PM

I agree with you blueswede. I enjoy the positive showing of the father in the movie too. That is why I like the lion king so much. A father will take care of his son and even die for him. And the young boy finally realize that someday he is following his father's foodstep too.
I still love bambi, until today I can never hunt any animal. Credit that to bambi. It still have an enormous impact on me.
I agree that most Japanese animated movie are targetting the whole audiences, not just kids. That is why their storylines and meaning usually have to be deeper, more complex. Actually, the more recent American cartoons seems to target more and more adult audiences as well as children. I like the direction of what they are going.

BlueSwede 06-25-2003 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Midnight Kiss
I took my two year old to watch Nemo and she loved it! Though she is going to drive me crazy intill it comes out on dvd, lol. She can't understand why we can't watch it when she wants to here at the house.

:D <-----------------Midnight Kiss

Midnight Kiss, you have my sympathy! I've been down that road, too! :)

BlueSwede 06-25-2003 04:01 PM

erc25, I know what you mean about Bambi. If I've seen that film once, I've seen it more than 100 times. When our VHS version is playing, I STILL have to leave the room when Bambi's mother gets shot. Otherwise, I better have a box of tissues handy.