Pixies Place Forums

Pixies Place Forums (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Chat (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   World of Warcraft (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33359)

Lord Snow 12-02-2008 11:23 PM

What server are yo on? So of them aren't that stable because they're new and others are over crowded so you might accidentally get bumped. It could also be your internet. When I'm at home on my laptop I don't get kicked at all. Over at my friend's house I get bumped several times. Mostly it's because my friend's router doesn't like vista and hates vista through wireless which is what I go through.

ShadowDancer 12-18-2008 10:41 PM

we're on the Moonrunner server...

Jude30 01-07-2009 12:42 AM

I'm back!

Warhammer just couldn't hold my interest. If you like PvP then Warhammer is awesome, and I loved it for the first six weeks or so. The PvE wasn't a lot of fun, and while I really liked the PvP, it got to be a bit of a grind and I saw the same people on both sides a hell of a lot.

Got WotLK tonight and I'm half way through 70 already. I'm probably "rested" till half way through 72 though so leveling will be quick. I'm liking the quests so far.

Lord Snow 01-07-2009 01:37 PM

I'm most of the way through 74 myself. My real life best friends are already 80 and doing heroics. I don't play after work and for the past week or so I've had a more important person to do. (wink wink nudge nudge.)

Lost 01-07-2009 09:56 PM

been 80 for a few weeks, have run most all the dungeons cept UP.. ran half of em on heroic,, still workin on quest :)

yeah, on vacation in florida with my computer and still playing now and then, lol

ShadowDancer 01-08-2009 05:10 AM

we don't play anywhere near as much as my best friend and her husband...a couple of her hubby's characters are upwards of 70...she just got her own accnt and is back down under 20, but is fast working on that (she's a stay-at-home-mom & has the time)...me, i'm a paltry lvl 20 and hubby has hit over 30 and ecstatic that he was finally able to get a mount so he didn't have to walk every damned where! LOL! I have to FORCE him off my computer so i can check in here at Pixie's or work on my cards or go play myself.

shadowsfate 01-08-2009 08:08 AM

I did hit 80 too, sometime early December. I haven't done any raiding or instances, usually because I'm either playing with just a short amount of time, or because the group doesn't want/need an enhancement shaman (and I'm stubborn enough that I won't respec from the talent that I've used since level 10). I've spent the time since hitting 80 working on achievements and leveling alts. Eventually, the rest of my guild will (hopefully) catch up with me, and then the plan is for us to recruit heavily and start raiding.

Lord Snow 01-09-2009 11:19 PM

Shadowdancer, let your hubby know that he should be happy that it's now level 30. First mount was originally 40. Course, if anyone had the brains they'd all be shamans and use ghost wolf or be a druid and use they kitty form.

Shadowsfate, I know how you feel. I've been resto specced since level 10 and my friend is now trying to convince to change to elemental or enhancement (mainly elemental since I won't have to regear) for leveling. It's not that I mind spending the gold, I just don't want to. As is I can heal them through a level 77 78 dungeon be okay. Not the best for the job, but I can get it done. Usually only have a few problems with boss fights.

ShadowDancer 01-10-2009 06:07 PM

that's what my friend & her hubby do...they're both night elf druids, and use their alt forms for travel and some fighting. as soon as we get a wireless router (to be able to put our desktop, my laptop & the Wii online), i will have my own WoW accnt and will be recreating a character, so I will probably try for a druid just so i can shift like that and the other cool shit they can do! lol!

Jude30 01-13-2009 07:35 AM

Wait, what mounts are now at level 30? Looks like I have about five mounts to go buy. Which is sad because I'm about to hit 3k in gold.

In the week I've been back I've made it to 72, ran two instances, and been on a Kara raid. I had been away so long that even at 1/3 of the way through 72 I'm still rested. I will make it to 73 on double exp.

Lord Snow 01-13-2009 11:39 AM

Jude, that's actually part of the way they redesigned questing. When you turn in a quest you get some of your rested back. So you can indefinitely stay rested. Also, the mounts you get at level 30 are the mounts that you originally got at level 40. There are new mounts you can get, such as a few different mammoths, a war bear, a new flying mount for northrend, and an actual drake from wyrmrest.

Jude30 01-13-2009 09:54 PM

It's always been that way. Quest exp has never counted towards removing your rested status.

I saw the new special mounts in Dalaran, those things are a bit too expensive for my blood. I'm OK at making money in game, my problem has always been twinks. My main has tailoring at 381 currently, and it gets expensive making imbued netherweave bags for 7 alts. And while I stick a few of my alts with money making professions, a lot of them have expensive hobbies.

Lord Snow 01-13-2009 11:16 PM

Only real money sink in the game is engineering. I never really paid attention to my rested because I did mostly dungeon crawls before LK. I had to play major catch up to my friends' mains who were already level 70 when I started playing. Now I'm having to play catch up again, just not as bad. I'm only 5 levels behind now instead of 60 levels behind. The war bear isn't that bad, neither is the mammoth, the really big mammoth and the flying mount are high cost though. I'm just going to forgo the land mounts save up my money for my flying skills and get the wyrmtower drake.

shadowsfate 01-17-2009 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jude30
It's always been that way. Quest exp has never counted towards removing your rested status.

I saw the new special mounts in Dalaran, those things are a bit too expensive for my blood. I'm OK at making money in game, my problem has always been twinks. My main has tailoring at 381 currently, and it gets expensive making imbued netherweave bags for 7 alts. And while I stick a few of my alts with money making professions, a lot of them have expensive hobbies.

I did buy one of the special mounts, the bear one, more or less to show my son. I can make money in the game with all the dailies, but it can get tiring (to me) to do the same set of quests over and over again.

And I agree, I sink a lot of money into my alts. On my main server, I play one of every class (and I cover all the professions) just so I can experience all the class abilities. My main is 80 shammy, then I have a 71 warlock, and everything else is 40 and below. And then I lose a lot of money whenever I hit the AH and see all the recipes my character doesn't yet have :roflmao:

Lord Snow 01-17-2009 06:24 PM

I know that story all to well myself. My shammy is the only one with a profession. I'm planning on blacksmithing with my death knight. That's all I have planned. I can make money selling armor kits and what not, but right now I'm not putting anything on the auction house. I'm getting my enchanter slave to disenchant and use the mats on me. I have to get him to make me spellthread for my new pants. and then enchant the level 76 chest I'm going to use.