Pixies Place Forums

Pixies Place Forums (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Chat (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Wait! It's my favorite.... (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35830)

gigi 04-22-2012 04:17 PM

Wait! It's my favorite....

I am sure that you all have a thread like this that I just can't find. But I have a question. What is one of those movies that when it is on TV you just HAVE to watch? No matter how often it is on....no matter how many times you have watched it...you settle in to watch again.

gigi 04-22-2012 04:20 PM

For me...

There are many for me. But two of them are The Godfather and The Wedding Date. No, they don't mesh. But the former, I suck myself into the vortex (I'll just watch the wedding...) and there goes my afternoon. The latter--hell, it makes me smile.

ShadowDancer 04-22-2012 04:57 PM

I do it with Grease...I've seen it a gazillion times and I still watch it again and again.

gigi 04-22-2012 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowDancer
I do it with Grease...I've seen it a gazillion times and I still watch it again and again.

Ah, Grease. The first album that I received as a birthday gift with a swear word on it.

jseal 04-22-2012 06:21 PM

The later films by David Lean: "The Bridge on the River Kwai" through "A Passage to India" Grand stories!

Oldfart 04-22-2012 06:37 PM

I get suckered occasionally, but the movies aren't consistent. One time it'll be "The Final Countdown", anything with Margaret Rutherford, there is no common thread.

gigi 04-22-2012 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldfart
I get suckered occasionally, but the movies aren't consistent. One time it'll be "The Final Countdown", anything with Margaret Rutherford, there is no common thread.

Murder Most Foul--the lovely Miss Marple.....

I love movies.... :corn:

dicksbro 04-23-2012 05:15 AM

Humphrey Bogart and Casablanca. Love that show. Play it again, Sam.

nikki1979 04-23-2012 05:53 AM

Love Actually... I just get trapped and can not walk away... so sweet to see love overcome language ...... makes me happy and wish I had all that....

PantyFanatic 04-24-2012 02:34 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gigi
I am sure that you all have a thread like this that I just can't find.............no matter how many times you have watched it...you settle in to watch again.

We have a number of threads about favorite movies but none quite like this that I recall. :thanks: for a neat thread, gigi.

I enjoy many 'good' movies in many genre that I've seen over too many years. And I'm guilty of having them play in the background on many occasions when they just come on TV. Everything from Three Days Of The Condor to silly/fun movies like Tom Hanks, The Money Pit.

Then there's the 'GREAT' movies for me (and it seems DB ;) ) that get full attention and are probably the ones you are asking about here. The movies that are classic not by the shelf they are found on at the rental store but are classic to each of us because what they said to us as an individual. I've had enough time to reference quite a few of these and it seems Boggie was in more than one. As I've mentioned before for a variety of reasons, Treasure Of Sierra Madre is among a few at the very top of my list and is almost watched as scripture.

I didn't buy this but I must have impressed enough that this was a gift. ;)

Oldfart 04-24-2012 05:05 AM

The Maltese Budgie?

Fangtasia 04-24-2012 06:06 AM

Grease
7 Brides for 7 Brothers
Calamity Jane
Any Elvis movie lol

A plenty more i cant think of at this time lol

ShadowDancer 04-24-2012 02:35 PM

another for me is the ORIGINAL version of Hairspray with Ricki Lake & Divine in it....

Gone With The Wind catches me when it's on....

gigi 04-24-2012 06:44 PM

Oh yes!

Quote:
another for me is the ORIGINAL version of Hairspray with Ricki Lake & Divine in it....

Gone With The Wind catches me when it's on....

I love the original Hairspray!! I have tons of movies that if I allow them, will suck me in.

Some Like It Hot, Pretty Woman, Scent of a Woman, Circle of Friends, Jaws, Close Encounters of the Third Kind, It's a Wonderful Life, White Christmas....

I can go on and on.... :lurv:

ShadowDancer 04-24-2012 06:47 PM

and every Halloween...I get sucked into RHPS and sing along with the Time Warp :yikes:

gigi 04-24-2012 06:56 PM

:)

Quote:
and every Halloween...I get sucked into RHPS and sing along with the Time Warp :yikes:

LOVE IT!!!!! :cheerlead

Rhiannon 04-24-2012 07:21 PM

an affair to remember - cary grant and deborah kerr

love love love this movie

dicksbro 04-24-2012 07:42 PM

West Side Story and Fiddler on the Roof also come to mind as two movies I'll stop what I'm doing and turn, watch and enjoy again for the 10382034329834 time.

Anything with Bogart and most everything with Steve McQueen fall into the list, too.

:boink:

Aqua 04-25-2012 12:53 AM

Any of the original Star Wars films, Close Encounters, War Games, Die Hard, The Breakfast Club... There are more that I can't think of right now.

Lord Snow 04-25-2012 05:57 PM

Quote:

Are you kidding? I was singing Sweet Transvestite in the middle of summer at work. RHPS

ShadowDancer 04-25-2012 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Snow
Are you kidding? I was singing Sweet Transvestite in the middle of summer at work. RHPS

LOL!! I got sucked into watching the 30second bunnies! Thanks LS! HEHEHEHE!

Lilith 04-28-2012 07:00 AM

I bumped into this thread last night that had similar responses http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/...ead.php?t=35324 My responses are pretty much the same .

Aqua 04-28-2012 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilith
I bumped into this thread last night that had similar responses http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/...ead.php?t=35324 My responses are pretty much the same .

I was thinking we had a similar thread somewhere. So, yeah... The movies I listed there too.

gigi 04-28-2012 02:28 PM

Ah well, nothing new under the sun.

Lilith 04-28-2012 02:33 PM

I was curious if peeps changed over time.

gigi 04-28-2012 02:40 PM

Some movies are too true blue to ever change! ;)
(and others are just mortifying--I left those off my list)

Coaster 06-06-2012 12:36 AM

The Bridges of Madison County

Oldfart 06-06-2012 03:52 AM

The Longest Day, telling of that day exactly 68 years ago.

BamaKyttn 06-06-2012 04:20 AM

Hudson Hawk (and sing "Swinging on a star" at work almost daily! fond memories.)
The Losers
Full Metal Jacket
A Knights Tale
Heartbreak Ridge

BamaKyttn 06-06-2012 04:42 AM

OH OH OH

and any episode of Lost Girl, The Finder, or FIREFLY!!!!!!

Maleslut1186 06-06-2012 07:23 AM

Casablanca, The Maltse Falcon, Amaedus , Shakespear in Love, Wyatt, any Pink Panther movie and any Monty Python movie

Rhiannon 06-06-2012 10:01 AM

2 moon junction and 1/2 moon junction both movies are omg hot

Rhiannon 06-06-2012 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaKyttn
OH OH OH

and any episode of Lost Girl, The Finder, or FIREFLY!!!!!!

i am loving lost girl too.. totally hooked

karlaa 06-12-2012 07:37 AM

malcolm and eddie, try it out. karla

lizzardbits 06-22-2012 12:32 AM

"the Crow" I watch it every October 30th or "Devil's Night". I have a big crow tattoo on my back :) Brandon Lee was awesome. Soundtrack is awesome. I just love love love everything about it (besides Brandon's death, of course)

"Brahm Stoker's Dracula" I fell in lust with Gary Oldman when he was in suit, top hat and the little blue glasses he wore and the accent he used for the Dracula character, FREAKING YUMMY!!! He is why I got my Vampire bite tattoo, back before any of the actors for the Twilight movies were out of diapers.

"Batman" by Tim Burton, I can recite nearly the whole movie. Keaton was a putz, but Nicholson, genius.

"Clerks" What can I say, I FUCKING LOVE Jay and Silent Bob. I am a big fan of most anything Kevin Smith does. ...for some reason, I can recite most of Jay's lines too... What good that does me...LOL

"The Rock" Nick Cage AND Sean Connery in the SAME movie! WIN!!!

I do have to admit that I am a Rocky Horror Picture Show virgin. I've maintained my "purity" so that some day I can watch it in it's entirety at a theater, newspapers and all. I know all the songs, and can do the timewarp. But if I walk into a room and Tim Curry is in drag and on the TV, I walk right out, lest I am tempted.....being a virgin is hard work!

Oldfart 06-22-2012 01:18 AM

Devil's Night, Halloween Eve.

One night of evil walking the night is enough for me, thanks.

I wonder how it started, hoods wanting to get the vandalism out of the way so they could "trick or treat" in peace perhaps.

lizzardbits 06-22-2012 01:40 AM

Good night to stay in and watch a movie!

WildIrish 11-06-2012 11:40 AM

It's goofy, but mine is "Young Frankenstein".

Oldfart 11-06-2012 08:40 PM

Nighmare Before Christmas.

jay-t 11-07-2012 08:40 PM

Second Hand Lion
Fiddler on the roof
Stagecoach
Most John Wayne and Charles Bronson movies