Pixies Place Forums

Pixies Place Forums (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Chat (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   What made you sad today? (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29234)

butterflybabybb 10-15-2006 12:50 AM

What made you sad today?

We have a thread for happy how about sad. Since I seem to feel that way a lot.

butterflybabybb 10-15-2006 12:50 AM

He never came back.

Oldfart 10-15-2006 12:57 AM

Silly man.

Sad, nothing.

butterflybabybb 10-15-2006 12:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldfart
Silly man.

Sad, nothing.

:huh: :huh: :huh:

rockintime 10-15-2006 02:04 AM

I was awakened from a great dream this morning my a business phone call.

butterflybabybb 10-15-2006 02:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockintime
I was awakened from a great dream this morning my a business phone call.

That sucks. I was awaken the other day imagining my lover and me together and being "caught".

Neige 10-15-2006 02:45 AM

Lake really wasn't feeling well this evening... :(

Loulabelle 10-15-2006 04:57 AM

Seeing other people feeling sad is the only thing that's making me feel sad today.

I feel very blessed at the moment.

lizzardbits 10-15-2006 08:12 AM

I can't sleep so I decided to play at Pixies because I can now.....oh wait, that isn't a sad thing....

nevermind

IowaMan 11-09-2006 11:02 AM

Getting the news that a friend of mine needs a liver transplant and is in the hospital now not doing all that well.

Irezumi Kiss 11-09-2006 02:44 PM

Not really "textbook" sad so much as "disappointed" sad.

On the subway ride into work today I had the unsavory misfortune to sit across from this sad sack-looking IR couple who both looked like they were reformed drug addicts or something. For some reason or another the woman was all over the guy like a giddy little schoolgirl, but they had to be well into their late forties. The PDA didn't bother me so much as her annoying, cooing voice. The guy had been eating butterscotch ice cream and the woman was drinking coffee, maybe. What eventually made me sad was when they finished and the woman just stuffed the empties into each other and threw it underneath the seat without a second thought as if it's the most natural thing in the world.

Everytime I see grown adults who should know better littering like that it gets me depressed. Kids can be excused and then taught, but...it shows the laziness and contempt of the people doing it for their surroundings. And in this city I see it quite often. I never will forget the time I saw this guy standing right next to me finish a Snapple ice tea, put it in a paper bag and then toss it onto the tracks.

rabbit 11-09-2006 09:35 PM

Well,this was really yesterday...

having to pick up my dog's ashes. She was a black labrador, 15 wonderful years we had her, but her time had come. It was an easy decision but a hard one all at once.

dicksbro 11-10-2006 03:22 AM

Somehow, hurting my back yesteday morning and spending all day yesterday, last night, and this morning aching like heck. :(

sodaklostsoul 11-10-2006 08:12 AM

Felling bad for DB^^^^ I know how that feels. I was like that last week.

Having to leave for work when all I wanna do is stay home and take care of something I should have last night.....er or was that early this AM.

CrystalBlue 11-13-2006 03:09 AM

Joey left...and that makes me blue cause he's one of my bestest friends...and I dunno when he'll be back. :boohoo:

dicksbro 11-13-2006 04:43 AM

The cold weather ... maybe more depressing than sad. I guess as I get older, I just don't deal as well with the cold. :(

CuteCoupleOz 11-13-2006 05:10 AM

I think my Christmas spirit has melted in this heat.

--kathy1

PantyFanatic 11-13-2006 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalBlue
Joey left...and that makes me blue cause he's one of my bestest friends...and I dunno when he'll be back. :boohoo:

Sorry your friend is gone for a while. :console: You can spend some time with us and he'll be back before you know it. :)

sodaklostsoul 11-13-2006 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalBlue

Awwwww, ((((((((((Crystal))))))))))))) guess we'll have to keep you more entertained so the time goes faster until he returns. I'm sure PF would gladly help with this. :D

osuche 11-13-2006 11:30 AM

Waking up and my whole body humming like one of the worst flare-up days I've ever had...and still needing to be into work early!

WildIrish 11-13-2006 03:29 PM

The rain.

sodaklostsoul 11-13-2006 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildIrish
The rain.

Just close your eyes and imagine it's summertime and it's raining, your comming out of a store to get in your car and you look over and here is a gal running out to her car getting soaking wet wearing a white t-shirt and no bra. :D

alspals69 11-13-2006 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodaklostsoul
Just close your eyes and imagine it's summertime and it's raining, your comming out of a store to get in your car and you look over and here is a gal running out to her car getting soaking wet wearing a white t-shirt and no bra. :D

on the whole i think rain is a GOOD thing!!

erm i was sad watching NCIS when the girl got shot. i may even be depressed!

sodaklostsoul 11-13-2006 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alspals69
on the whole i think rain is a GOOD thing!!

erm i was sad watching NCIS when the girl got shot. i may even be depressed!

What girl? NCIS isn't on until tomarrow night! :hair:

It isn't Abby is it?!?!?!?

Pita 11-13-2006 10:08 PM

Thinking it may be a lot more difficult to find a house that fits our budget and sits next a Starbucks like we hoped.

Mae 11-13-2006 10:18 PM

A letter from a Pen Pal. She apologized for not writing sooner, but her husband has advanced cancer and is semi-comatose. She is feeding him morphine through a mouth tube. One of those "reality" times. She has been through so much with him. I sent her a card with hugz, prayers, and warm thoughts. She has absolutely nothing to apologize for. Nothing.

1nutworld 11-17-2006 12:50 PM

News of the passing of Bo Schembechler.

Lilith 11-17-2006 05:30 PM

My friend's father died today. I spent the afternoon with his family. So many tears.

scotzoidman 11-18-2006 01:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodaklostsoul
What girl? NCIS isn't on until tomarrow night! :hair:

It isn't Abby is it?!?!?!?
Maybe he was watching an old rerun from a couple years back when whats-her-name got killed off...I was so upset I boycotted the show for the next season...

osuche 11-18-2006 01:49 AM

Feeling way, way too human

dicksbro 11-18-2006 05:36 AM

A neck ache and touch of a headache. :(

sodaklostsoul 11-18-2006 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotzoidman
Maybe he was watching an old rerun from a couple years back when whats-her-name got killed off...I was so upset I boycotted the show for the next season...

That must have been it cause I watched Tuesday and Abby was fine. I got into NCIS last season and kept up with this season.

mummy2be2007 11-18-2006 07:32 AM

absolutly nothing

Steph 11-18-2006 05:48 PM

Sad in a bittersweet sorta way was Lil's thead (very inspiring, tho'). Also, seeing a lot of troubled people on the streets right now. Toronto has been gloomier than Seattle/Vancouver lately. No sun at all. It's been damp & cold & not comfortable for those between housing. :( You can see it in their faces in my city & you can certainly see it in that slideshow. Thank you for that thread, Lil. :loveshowe

Lilith 11-18-2006 06:17 PM

Made me sad but inspired me to do something.

sodaklostsoul 11-18-2006 07:51 PM

Kiddo was a bit sad cause the play was sold out, so we came home and played games.

sodaklostsoul 07-16-2007 06:44 PM

Found out a classmate has died. I saw him like 4 yrs ago when he was visiting his sister and he gave me a ride so I could pick up a car I was buying. He was riding his motorcycle and was hit by a deer. He was'nt wearing his helmet and was brain dead before reaching the hospital by air lift.

Rest in Peace JB.

osuche 07-16-2007 08:16 PM

((((sdls))))

PantyFanatic 07-17-2007 07:13 AM

The passing of a 82 year old woman that had been working for a company for 68 years and the lack of respect the present generation of owners have. :tear:

(the numbers ARE right as she started at 14 which was the norm in those days)

Loulabelle 07-17-2007 08:02 AM

In no particular order:

My beloved cat has not been seen for over a week now

One of Fussy's work colleagues was in a motorcycle accident this morning - we don't know any details yet, but he was unconscious when they pulled him free, so it doesn't sound good.

My Grandmother, who gives us a substantial sum of money everytime we see her at the moment, because she's not sure how long she has left.