Pixies Place Forums

Pixies Place Forums (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Chat (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Let the holiday MaDnEsS ..... (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23213)

Summer 12-23-2004 09:43 AM

Let the holiday MaDnEsS .....

...... BEGIN!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cheers:

My In-Laws will be here any minute!!! UGH! And to top it all off my husband won't be home until tonight. He is working today and tomorrow. Let me find my halo and pull out my :banner: costume or or so help me!!!! :whack: to his mom and :nuts: to his dad

I dread mine, so tell me, Do you enjoy the holidays with your extended family?? :wine:

Lilith 12-23-2004 09:47 AM

Loaded question :p

When it's just my MIL and me all is well but when the sisters come around then they gang up. 1 I can handle 3 is much more difficult. I just keep remembering that something in them made Mr. Lil how wonderful he is.

My family are all so far apart, some days that's a good thing :D :p

Irish 12-23-2004 10:03 AM

Cheer Up!Someday,you'll be as old as me & the only In-Laws,still alive,will be
my wifes sisters & one of her Aunts.Merry Christmas everyone(not Happy
Holidays).I heard ,on the radio,this morning,that a man down south,took out a full page ad,to boycott,the stores,that took the Christ out of Christmas,
also a list,to boycott,the stores,that gave to certain political parties.If one of
my grandkids,doesn't get a certain present,I'll just say-I'm sorry,but they
ONLY had it at "X" & they support the X party! Irish
P.S.Remember when Christmas,was something to look forward to?

jseal 12-23-2004 10:39 AM

Summer,

There are times when I enjoy my in-laws even more than I normally do. After a few beers, some of them can be downright entertaining. :cheers: Still, as these events last for a few hours at most, I bide my time :wine: and reflect upon how wildly different the same genes may be expressed.

Cheyanne 12-23-2004 11:51 AM

My in-laws live just down the road across the street from us. We are in the country so just a look out of a window we can see each others homes. When Cobalt and I were first married, him mom and I had a strange relationship. She was very nosey and wanted to know everything - no question was too personal. I remember times we would return from the grocery store and just as we finished carrying all of the bags into the house the phone would ring. It would be her wanting to know where we were and what we bought. For better and worse - she and I formed an uneasy alliance once she knew that I loved her son, and would do anything for him.

She and I just started to really get along and begin to know each other deciding that the other really wasn't that bad when she was diagnosed with leukemia. Nine months later she was gone. I was really mad at God for taking her away just as we were starting to get to know each other and just as I was realizing what a true gem she was. I miss her.

sodaklostsoul 12-23-2004 12:28 PM

I don't have any in-laws, but my sister's young adult children drive me nuts. :whack:

PantyFanatic 12-23-2004 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish
......If one of my grandkids,doesn't get a certain present,I'll just say-I'm sorry,but they ONLY had it at "X" & they support the X party! Irish
P.S.Remember when Christmas,was something to look forward to?

Yeah I do! .............. and that sure as hell wasn't it. :mad: