Pixies Place Forums

Pixies Place Forums (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Chat (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Wait! It's my favorite.... (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35830)

gigi 04-22-2012 04:17 PM

Wait! It's my favorite....

I am sure that you all have a thread like this that I just can't find. But I have a question. What is one of those movies that when it is on TV you just HAVE to watch? No matter how often it is on....no matter how many times you have watched it...you settle in to watch again.

gigi 04-22-2012 04:20 PM

For me...

There are many for me. But two of them are The Godfather and The Wedding Date. No, they don't mesh. But the former, I suck myself into the vortex (I'll just watch the wedding...) and there goes my afternoon. The latter--hell, it makes me smile.

ShadowDancer 04-22-2012 04:57 PM

I do it with Grease...I've seen it a gazillion times and I still watch it again and again.

gigi 04-22-2012 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowDancer
I do it with Grease...I've seen it a gazillion times and I still watch it again and again.

Ah, Grease. The first album that I received as a birthday gift with a swear word on it.

jseal 04-22-2012 06:21 PM

The later films by David Lean: "The Bridge on the River Kwai" through "A Passage to India" Grand stories!

Oldfart 04-22-2012 06:37 PM

I get suckered occasionally, but the movies aren't consistent. One time it'll be "The Final Countdown", anything with Margaret Rutherford, there is no common thread.

gigi 04-22-2012 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldfart
I get suckered occasionally, but the movies aren't consistent. One time it'll be "The Final Countdown", anything with Margaret Rutherford, there is no common thread.

Murder Most Foul--the lovely Miss Marple.....

I love movies.... :corn:

dicksbro 04-23-2012 05:15 AM

Humphrey Bogart and Casablanca. Love that show. Play it again, Sam.

nikki1979 04-23-2012 05:53 AM

Love Actually... I just get trapped and can not walk away... so sweet to see love overcome language ...... makes me happy and wish I had all that....

PantyFanatic 04-24-2012 02:34 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gigi
I am sure that you all have a thread like this that I just can't find.............no matter how many times you have watched it...you settle in to watch again.

We have a number of threads about favorite movies but none quite like this that I recall. :thanks: for a neat thread, gigi.

I enjoy many 'good' movies in many genre that I've seen over too many years. And I'm guilty of having them play in the background on many occasions when they just come on TV. Everything from Three Days Of The Condor to silly/fun movies like Tom Hanks, The Money Pit.

Then there's the 'GREAT' movies for me (and it seems DB ;) ) that get full attention and are probably the ones you are asking about here. The movies that are classic not by the shelf they are found on at the rental store but are classic to each of us because what they said to us as an individual. I've had enough time to reference quite a few of these and it seems Boggie was in more than one. As I've mentioned before for a variety of reasons, Treasure Of Sierra Madre is among a few at the very top of my list and is almost watched as scripture.

I didn't buy this but I must have impressed enough that this was a gift. ;)

Oldfart 04-24-2012 05:05 AM

The Maltese Budgie?

Fangtasia 04-24-2012 06:06 AM

Grease
7 Brides for 7 Brothers
Calamity Jane
Any Elvis movie lol

A plenty more i cant think of at this time lol

ShadowDancer 04-24-2012 02:35 PM

another for me is the ORIGINAL version of Hairspray with Ricki Lake & Divine in it....

Gone With The Wind catches me when it's on....

gigi 04-24-2012 06:44 PM

Oh yes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowDancer
another for me is the ORIGINAL version of Hairspray with Ricki Lake & Divine in it....

Gone With The Wind catches me when it's on....

I love the original Hairspray!! I have tons of movies that if I allow them, will suck me in.

Some Like It Hot, Pretty Woman, Scent of a Woman, Circle of Friends, Jaws, Close Encounters of the Third Kind, It's a Wonderful Life, White Christmas....

I can go on and on.... :lurv:

ShadowDancer 04-24-2012 06:47 PM

and every Halloween...I get sucked into RHPS and sing along with the Time Warp :yikes: