Pixies Place Forums

Pixies Place Forums (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Chat (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Please report any Pixies Bugs here (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37368)

PixiesPlace 11-03-2016 07:28 AM

Please report any Pixies Bugs here

Just moved Pixies Place to a new server, let us know if you find any problems.

Thanks!!! :D :D :D

dicksbro 11-04-2016 01:16 AM

Trying to use a "new" custom avatar doesn't seem to work. Standard av's do.

gekkogecko 11-04-2016 06:39 AM

Hm, odd, my 3 November 1916 post, and the fact that I was here at all yesterday seems to have disappeared.

I'll try to find the post & restore it.

ETA: I was able to by overwriting today's post with yesterday's information. When I tried to add a new post, the system complained that "it is a duplicate of a post you made in the last five minutes" (even thought that had been edited, and was no longer true). Waited five or six more minutes, and was able to make today's post.

The whole thing is weird, though.

dicksbro 11-04-2016 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gekkogecko
Hm, odd, my 3 November 1916 post, and the fact that I was here at all yesterday seems to have disappeared.

I'll try to find the post & restore it.

ETA: I was able to by overwriting today's post with yesterday's information. When I tried to add a new post, the system complained that "it is a duplicate of a post you made in the last five minutes" (even thought that had been edited, and was no longer true). Waited five or six more minutes, and was able to make today's post.

The whole thing is weird, though.

In one of my posts I thought the thread was missing my post from yesterday, but I just assumed I was mistaken. That was before I saw this thread noting the server change.

Lilith 11-04-2016 08:04 AM

Excellent news. I will appreciate a smoother more mobile friendly perv.

jseal 11-04-2016 04:47 PM

That helps explain the "Unable to display page" issue I had.

dicksbro 11-06-2016 12:33 AM

Lilith, do you know if the plans are to fix these apparent problems?

dicksbro 11-06-2016 12:55 AM

Just made a post and just a minute or two later I thought of a change I wanted to make so went into "Edit" mode. Brought the screen up but it wouldn't allow any modifications to be made. No message, just simply wouldn't allow highlighting text I wanted to change.

jseal 11-06-2016 04:54 AM

For those experiencing "Unable to display page" displays, I was able to get in after I cleared cookies.

Lilith 11-06-2016 04:52 PM

I would def clear cache. I'm not having any challenges.

PantyFanatic 11-09-2016 03:11 AM

Have the same issue as DB, both just now and the other day. Can not change custom avatar. :shrug:

dicksbro 11-10-2016 07:23 AM

Is there any intent to bring back the option of custom AVs? I try each day, but no luck so far and no posts indicating this is a problem being addressed? Just curious.

PantyFanatic 11-13-2016 02:19 AM

Ditto.

dicksbro 11-14-2016 04:01 AM

It's discouraging not to get feedback on solicited questions. Are there other problems?

Lilith 11-15-2016 08:00 AM

I've checked and nothing was changed in regards to the ability to add custom avs. I'm sure it's a storage and retrieval problem. As I can see PF uploaded his and it was stored somewhere but the current code is looking for it to display likely on the old server.

Nothing was changed in what the system is set to permit but there is something incorrectly calling for the avs where they are no longer stored. I don't know when it will be fixed.

I'm not having challenges with edits or posts. Are you still having a problem after having cleared your cache?