Pixies Place Forums

Pixies Place Forums (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Chat (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   The what are you having for dinner thread (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25643)

Steph 07-11-2005 03:48 PM

The what are you having for dinner thread

It's a popular thread on a Toronto message board I frequent and holy crud, they're fancy pantses about their food. Half the time I have to google the meals -- yesterday one dude had, as part of his three course meal:
langusten with pesto citrus mayo

I still don't know what langusten is but I digress.

It's so freaking hot and I don't know what to eat!!!

Help me, what are you making/cooking/ordering?

Winston77 07-11-2005 03:51 PM

Dinner what's that :hair:

wyndhy 07-11-2005 03:51 PM

tortellini with chick peas, garlic, locatelli and butter. a salad and garlic cheese bread

IAKaraokeGirl 07-11-2005 03:51 PM

Anything I can clean out of my refrigerator/freezer and/or cabinets in preparation for the move. :D

WildIrish 07-11-2005 04:00 PM

Bad night to ask...I have a meeting tonight and won't get home until after 9. :(

Steph 07-11-2005 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyndhy
tortellini with chick peas, garlic, locatelli and butter. a salad and garlic cheese bread

Locatelli, langusten . . . I'm beginning to wonder if I have a cooking learning disability towards any L word foods.

Don't worry, WI. I predict you'll be a mainstay and an inspiration in this thread!

I've been single for a while and tend to go the PF route of never cooking lately. I will probably check out the new Tibetan restaurant up the block but it's so freaking hot that I'm hardly eating anyway.

cherrypie7788 07-11-2005 04:20 PM

I'm having the chicken noodle casserole that I made and popped into the crock pot this afternoon

wyndhy 07-11-2005 04:24 PM

:o

so steph.......do you mean you don't know what it is? (wtf is langusten? btw)
locetelli is like parmesan cheese.

Steph 07-11-2005 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyndhy
:o

so steph.......do you mean you don't know what it is? (wtf is langusten? btw)
locetelli is like parmesan cheese.

I've never heard of locetelli and I have no clue what langusten is -- I'll have to PM buddy on that board.

My last boyfriend was Portuguese and he talked about "Portuguese" cheese which was actually "St. George" cheese.

Owwwwww! My head! :D

musicman 07-11-2005 04:39 PM

butternut squash, garden salad, BBQ'd Chicken skewers

Aqua 07-11-2005 04:46 PM

I can tell you Steph, you'll never have any trouble understanding what I'm having for dinner. :p Could be chili-mac (one of my specialities) or marinated chicken breasts with baked potatoes (a mainstay from Mrs Aqua). But I don't think there is anything we normally eat that starts with an 'L'. :p

Steph 07-11-2005 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua
But I don't think there is anything we normally eat that starts with an 'L'. :p

You ran through female body part names before you posted, didn't you? :D

Oooh, musicman! Squash! It's been a while since I've made squash mainly cuz I can't bear to have the oven on in my third-floor walk-up.

musicman 07-11-2005 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steph

Oooh, musicman! Squash! It's been a while since I've made squash mainly cuz I can't bear to have the oven on in my third-floor walk-up.

We boil it on the stove and when it's mushy, add some brown sugar and margarine (1 tbsp of each apporx.) and mix it all together....

Steph 07-11-2005 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman
We boil it on the stove.

With water in a pot? I've only done squash in the oven.

sodaklostsoul 07-11-2005 05:15 PM

Hmmm Boog is looking thru is food stash as I type...no clue what he will come up with for supper. I like his cooking....maybe someday I'll attempt it. LOL