Pixies Place Forums

Pixies Place Forums (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Sex Talk (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Have you ever.... (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27040)

Loulabelle 12-21-2005 07:31 AM

Have you ever....

lied about the number of people you've slept with?

Blueeyed Jeff's thread got me thinking.....do people REALLY lie about the number of partners they've had....if so, to whom? And why?

If you've ever lied, is it because you're ashamed to have had so few or so many sexual partners?

Are men still under the false impression that they HAVE to have had loads of women to be thought of as 'normal'?

Do women still feel ashamed to have had sex with lots of men?

Does this myth really still exist or are we past all that nonsense now?

Lilith 12-21-2005 08:19 AM

It's never been something I felt the need to falsify. Just not that important.

imaginewithme 12-21-2005 08:24 AM

Nope--never have.. Well, unless it was to my parents when I was in school.........

lizzardbits 12-21-2005 08:28 AM

lied about the number of people you've slept with??yes, i have before

Blueeyed Jeff's thread got me thinking.....do people REALLY lie about the number of partners they've had....if so, to whom? ?i have told people that do not know well or trust, smaller numbers than what they wereAnd why??I wasn't comfortable telling the truth

If you've ever lied, is it because you're ashamed to have had so few or so many sexual partners??yes, i am ashamed at the high number of partners that i have had. In retrospect, i think that i wasn't a "slut" as my numbers say, but i was looking for love. offering my body up so that i could get "love" in exchange. there are only 4 out of all of my lovers that were long term relationships, the rest were all one time only encounters ie "one night stands", or "fuck buddies".

Are men still under the false impression that they HAVE to have had loads of women to be thought of as 'normal'??i think so

Do women still feel ashamed to have had sex with lots of men??i believe so

Does this myth really still exist or are we past all that nonsense now?still sticking around like a bad flu

rabbit 12-22-2005 09:11 PM

No lyin' here...no reason.

Ranger1930 12-23-2005 12:16 AM

i hate to be a complete asshole. But personally i think every woman i've ever met has lied about the number of men they have been with.. And im no different. believe me there's a few i'm not proud of.. Definately. But at least I have the presence of mind to know what i've done and not be a ashamed. pr abashed to tell if im asked.. And I don't think a woman should be either. I mean for fuck sake. if anything in the least you'll get called a whore. and if a guy does that.. well apparently he's not worth your time..

Somethings i swear.. kinda like a DUH moment

cervantes3001 12-23-2005 12:28 AM

i've never felt the need to lie to a partner about the number of people i've been with.

Loulabelle 12-23-2005 02:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger1930
i hate to be a complete asshole. But personally i think every woman i've ever met has lied about the number of men they have been with.. And im no different. believe me there's a few i'm not proud of.. Definately. But at least I have the presence of mind to know what i've done and not be a ashamed. pr abashed to tell if im asked.. And I don't think a woman should be either. I mean for fuck sake. if anything in the least you'll get called a whore. and if a guy does that.. well apparently he's not worth your time..

Somethings i swear.. kinda like a DUH moment

Hmm....so you presume that all the women you know are more promiscuous than they let on? It worries me that you have such a low opinion of women that you think we are all liars. Especially, when the majority of responses to this thread suggest otherwise.

Couldn't it be simply that most women are telling you the truth and they've just had fewer sexual partners than you have? I think for most women, the reason we wish to keep our numbers relatively low, is about being selective about our partners and about keeping ourselves emotionally protected. It has been drummed into us from being children that some men in life will want to use us, and we need to make sure that doesn't happen in order to maintain some level of self respect.

From my own personal stand-point, I've never seen the point of lying about the number of sexual partners I've had, because:

a) I've not had enough to feel that I OUGHT to be ashamed of it.
b) The only person whose opinion on the subject matters is me and since one can't lie to oneself, lying to anyone else about it would be futile.

Incidentally, I've absolutely no problem with the word 'Whore'.....at least whores have the good sense to realise that they don't have to give it away for free!

Lilith 12-23-2005 08:26 AM

I've always been very forthright with Mr. Lil and told him that I wish I had 15 more lovers in my lifetime.

Scarecrow 12-23-2005 10:17 AM

I have never felt the need to lie, but then again the '60s were the decade of love and I honestly do not remember ever time or girl I slept with.

bare4you 12-23-2005 02:26 PM

No one has ever asked and therefore the answer is no - doubt that I ever would.....too old to begin now!

Coaster 12-23-2005 03:55 PM

No need to lie for me..........

and it really doesn't mean anything to me if the gal at the time had high or low numbers of partners. As long as everyone was safe and healthy!!!

dicksbro 12-23-2005 06:49 PM

Nope, never have lied about it. I've had one lady ... my wife. Since the day we met on a blind date, she's been it for me. Forty five years of knowing her, and forty two of marriage. :)

Loulabelle 12-23-2005 11:26 PM

Dicksbro, you're an inspiration.

You and Mrs Dicksbro remain, for me, the best advertisement for marriage I've ever seen.

moozilla_78 12-24-2005 01:20 AM

I have never lied about stuff like that, or stuff in general. I find it is easier not to lie. Less stuff to have to remember. lol