Pixies Place Forums

Pixies Place Forums (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/index.php)
-   Personals (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Dicksbro's thread (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34171)

Lilith 06-23-2009 10:15 PM

Dicksbro's thread

Tomorrow is the day you pull out the big guns. It's going to be a tough battle but one I know you can win. I wish you didn't have to fight but you got drafted. Just know that there is a bunch of us behind you. ((hugs)) :grope:

dicksbro 06-24-2009 05:04 AM

Thanks Lilith. For the kind wishes :) and the warning that you'd be behind me. :yikes:

It's gonna' go great! :thumbs:

Hugs to you! :x:

jseal 06-24-2009 06:22 AM

dicksbro,

Best wishes, sir. We are pulling for your success!

dicksbro 06-24-2009 05:25 PM

Had my first chemo treatment and I'm feeling great. Good enough that I'm going to a meeting with another guy in Princeville about an hour's drive from here. Wives are going, too, so we might have a bite to eat after the meeting! I'm wearing a "fanny pack" with a pump that circulate medicine in me and will do so til' Friday when it'll be removed. Next treatment, July 8th when I'll repeat today's process.

So far, so good and no ill effects. They gave us prescription "just in case" I started feeling a bit queezy or suffer from a little runniness in the stool. But that's just a precaution.

Keep up the good wishes, they're working! :thumbs:

(And may God bless you for you caring!! Please also, don't forget DM383, PF's son or Lixy's sister. All still need prayers and good wishes. Fact is, toss in a general prayer for us all ... I think everyone can use help with something :) )

dicksbro 06-24-2009 08:38 PM

Three hours later ... no problems. I feel great.

Well, okay, one tiny little problem. They'd warned me not to eat ice because the reaction of tissue to cold is to close up some ... and that includes the throat. When I got dinner I got a diet soda and it had crushed ice in the glass. I took a little drink, and, oops, I felt the throat close up making it hard to swallow. Soon as the ice melted, it was okay. After that, I "filtered" out the ice and held the soda to let it warm a bit before swallowing. That worked! :)

Lilith 06-24-2009 09:05 PM

Holy guacamole that would have scared the &%$# out of me!

dicksbro 06-25-2009 02:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilith
Holy guacamole that would have scared the &%$# out of me!

Probably would have me, too, except the piece of ice was so small and melted so fast that it served more as a reminder than as a danger. (Thank heavens!)

PantyFanatic 06-25-2009 11:09 AM

I'm so glad to hear the chemo is going well.:thumbs: That has come a long way in it's effectiveness in the last decade. I hope you have now had the worst of the side effects. I can't wait to see you next month with a head of hair like mine. We will be able to put our heads together and make an ass of ourselves. ;)

(side note)
I hope these last nine weeks have been shorter for you than for me although they are beginning to take shape of earth-time now. Son is do FANTASTIC considering his condition then. The doctors are as impressed as we are. He has been doing therapy locally, three time each week and making better than normal progress. Last Friday he had to go back down to Columbus, to the trauma center where he was treated, for an evaluation by them. They told him if things progress as they have, he may be able to return to work by October. "You may be able to chase the bad guy down, but you won't be able to tackle him yet." :D That was great news for everyone.

gekkogecko 06-25-2009 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dicksbro
Fact is, toss in a general prayer for us all ... I think everyone can use help with something :) )

I don't pray; it's against my religion.

Peole have my general, very carefully-applied well wishes, though.

scotzoidman 06-26-2009 10:47 PM

:withstupi

Only it goes double for me

dicksbro 06-27-2009 02:15 AM

Thanks GG & Scotz! Appreciate the good wishes!

dm383 06-28-2009 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dicksbro
Thanks GG & Scotz! Appreciate the good wishes!

Fro me, too!

:jacques:

My chemo has comprised of 3 different types of noxious liquid pumped through my veins, the main one of which was for 5 full days and just finished at 7p.m. tonight. (It's 10:30p.m. now, if it helps!) Unfortunately, that meant I had to stay in the hospital the whole time, as I had to receive anti-sickness and antibiotic meds as well.

On the plus side; the lump in my neck has definitely shrunk, quite noticeably. I don't know if it's particularly significant treatment-wise, but boy it makes me feel better! Now a 2-week "rest" then back in for another week.

Tell you what, though - it's the first time I've been away from H and the dogs for more than 1 night at a time - and I HATED it!

DB - thanks for letting me use your thread. God speed (to all you mentioned, and more) and more updates ASAP please!! ;)

DM

Lilith 06-28-2009 04:54 PM

Good to hear from you. Been worried about ya! Being away from home for treatment must be awful. ((hugs)) Glad you are on the week off. Keep visualizing that little bastard shrinking!

PantyFanatic 06-28-2009 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilith
...... Keep visualizing that little bastard shrinking!

:yikes:
NO!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh. :o You meant the lump on his neck.

;) Glad to hear positive things are happening for you. We'll keep an eye out for your updates. (said the pirate)

lizzardbits 06-29-2009 12:19 AM

Well wishes *check* prayers *check* good vibes *check* thinking of ya *check* spankings *check* hope *check* Love *check check check* All of us here are hoping that all of you (DB, DM, PF's son, Lixy's sister, Wyndhy, and everyone else) that your roads to 100% health are short and smooth! Love Lizz and Mayhem