Pixies Place Forums

Pixies Place Forums (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Chat (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Retail Pet Peeves (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17867)

Lilith 12-19-2003 09:34 AM

Retail Pet Peeves

Tis the season to be jolly....ya ya ya BITE ME!!!!

I have worked retail at Christmas and grocery at Thanksgiving so I know what a total bitch it is!!!!

BUTTTTT.....I can absolutely not stand it when a cashier rings my entire transaction without a single word, not one. Not a "Happy Holiday" or "Kiss my ass"...nada! zip! zilch!

It was a convo with another member that got me thinking about all this!
What kind of shit pisses you off when you are shopping?

dm383 12-19-2003 09:41 AM

Re: Retail Pet Peeves

Quote:
Originally posted by Lilith
Tis the season to be jolly....ya ya ya BITE ME!!!! ....

... What kind of shit pisses you off when you are shopping?

Old ladies with ANKLE-CLIPPERS!!! (You know, those stupid little shopping-bags-on-wheels, where the axle is just the right height to give you a nasty cut, RIGHT on the ankle bone!!)

Pointy elbows, umbrella spikes, etc. etc. ALL pale into insignificance compared to these things!!

DM

WildIrish 12-19-2003 09:42 AM

Grumpy people racing through the stores with a scowl on their face kill my Christmas buzz too.

cowgirltease 12-19-2003 10:32 AM

Re: Re: Retail Pet Peeves

Quote:
Originally posted by dm383
Old ladies with ANKLE-CLIPPERS!!! (You know, those stupid little shopping-bags-on-wheels, where the axle is just the right height to give you a nasty cut, RIGHT on the ankle bone!!)

Pointy elbows, umbrella spikes, etc. etc. ALL pale into insignificance compared to these things!!

DM

LMAO @ dm383!!!!!!!!!:D Too funny ! I can just see you now gettin hit by one of those old ladies. ROFL!!!!:D

Steph 12-19-2003 11:03 AM

I was browsing in many stores yesterday but I stayed away from the ones where the salespeople were hovering near the door. If I'm in the store for a few minutes, I don't mind being asked if I need assistance . . . not immediately, though! They're like wolves!

Nice Guy 12-19-2003 11:25 AM

I hate the sales people that walk up to you every 5 minutes asking if you need help when they really don't give a flying fuck.

You know why Wal Mart employees have "How can I help you today?" on the back of their vests? So you can read it as they are walking away from you.

Bardog 12-19-2003 02:28 PM

When there are about 500 people standing in line to checkout and the store has only 2 registers open!!!!

Or when you get close to the front of the line and they close a register. I know the cashier deserves breaks and a lunch break during their shift, but can they not have someone cover their spot till they get back?

Another one I love is when you get back out to the parking lot and someone has let a shopping buggy crash into your car.

jseal 12-19-2003 02:40 PM

Lilith,

I'm with Bardog in re the check out lines! Checkout boredom really takes the fun out of Christmas shopping.

Irish 12-19-2003 02:53 PM

Heard on the Jimmy Kimmel Show,last night.-"It was only 5 1/2mo.
ago,that there were Christmas decorations,in the stores.Now it's
almost Christmas!" Irish

Teddy Bear 12-19-2003 03:29 PM

Why do some people insist on being right in the middle of the aisle... You can't get around them on either side but are stuck there until they pop back to the real world, finally notice you and say something stupid like, 'did you want to get by?'

Lilith 12-19-2003 03:38 PM

my reply to ^^^^ No I just thought I'd sit here and watch you shop:D

RyanČ 12-19-2003 04:42 PM

What really takes the piss is the way they shove your change back in your hand in a sluggish way, chewing gum in your face so you get an unrequested whiff of it, and before you have time to move away, they look over and say, "Next?" - I work in trade, very similar to retail. Not all sales are cash, as most are a credit account, and when someone takes a few seconds to move out of the way, I wait patiently until the space is free for the next person to move forward.

And I dont chew gum in their faces too (except when I have a sore throat :D ).

celticangel 12-19-2003 05:30 PM

I hate the way some shop assistants throw tyour change and receipts at you~~~~~grrrrrrrrrrrr

cowgirltease 12-19-2003 05:37 PM

re checkout lines

what chaps my butt is when someone can't stop talkin to the cashier and there are 50 bazillion people in line behind them! Geeze! Shaddup and go on!!!!!:rolleyes:

RyanČ 12-19-2003 06:11 PM

I wouldn't mind being stuck in a queue behind that cute ass. Yummy!