Pixies Place Forums

Pixies Place Forums (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Chat (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Ice Cream (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32451)

PantyFanatic 02-02-2008 02:42 PM

Ice Cream

1 Attachment(s)
God gave us silky panties for our ladies, raspberries and then ice cream as rewards in life. :nod:

I am not somebody that wants one food to taste like another but neither am I the purest you may first think. I like to view it more as 'ordered'. :D My coffee doesn't need to be aerated, carbonated or flavored with fruits or nuts to make it taste like something else. Coffee IS a flavor, and that's what I want in my cup. I have a hunch if I drank tea, I would feel the same way about that.

Ice cream on the other hand is NOT a flavor. It's the condition or state of a basic dairy product. Cold and creamy are the primary properties of ice cream and would be much lacking without a flavor.:eew: I don't care for my ice cream to be of the Cracker Jack variety with prizes of candy, gumballs or other trinkets or treats, but I DO want it to have a flavor and I'm open to more than just traditional basics.

Some of my favorites from the classic list is vanilla-cherry and of course chocolate. :tongue: It takes some selective hunting, but some of the newer flavors have proven to be worth the testing.:) Two of my recent explorations that are moving towards my staple list are from Ben & Jerry's. There is a 'Baileys' which is a chocolate fudge with a very distinctive Bailey's Irish Cream flavor. The other is the related 'Dublin Mudslide' that is Irish Cream liqueur ice cream with chocolate and chocolate chip cookies and a coffee fudge swirl. :bite:

So what is among your favorite ice cream flavors?

wyndhy 02-02-2008 02:54 PM

i really like plain old vanilla, but i also like it with crushed up peanuts, chocolate or caramel sauce (or both) and whipped cream. spare me the sprinkles. i hate sprinkles. they taste like wax.

as for the fancy flavors, ben and jerry's karamel sutra is so, so, so good. can't figure out how they keep the caramel from freezing ... prolly poison of some sort ... but who cares if i'm eating antifreeze - the stuff is just that amazing.

i had a dish of blueberry icecream after we went blueberry picking last summer, they made it right there using their own berries. it was orgasmic.

jseal 02-02-2008 03:02 PM

Breyers Vanilla for me. :)

Neige 02-02-2008 03:17 PM

Cotton candy ice cream is sooooooooooooooo good!!!!!! :D

Really, I'm not too fussy, but I prefer flavours without nuts.

Lilith 02-02-2008 04:52 PM

chocolate is my most favorite

I too love the Dublin Mudslide from the two sexiest men alive.

I also love their Phish Food and Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough.

My guess on the caramel is that the sugar/corn syrup content is so high that it just does not harden.

dicksbro 02-02-2008 05:02 PM

French vanilla is definitely a favorite. I've also put a little Cinammon Schnapps on plain vanilla and it was delicious. :)

Pita 02-02-2008 05:13 PM

French vanilla with warm chocolate sauce and pecans is my favorite way to have ice cream

I also love chocolate either plain, rocky road, or mint chocolate chip

Cookie dough is a good one too.

I also really love orange sherbet. Does that count as ice cream? :D

Booger 02-02-2008 05:17 PM

My all time favorite is Strawberry Cheesecake from Hudsonville Ice Cream it's made locally and you can only find it in west Michigan. I've tried other Strawberry Cheesecake ice creams but they are never quite as good.

I also really enjoy Starbuck's Java Chip it's a really good coffee flavored ice cream. I've tried a few other coffee ice cream but none of them are as good as this is.

Lilith 02-02-2008 05:18 PM

btw I love Hershey's chocolate syrup on plain vanilla. yum

jseal 02-02-2008 05:22 PM

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm! :)

rastapope 02-02-2008 05:33 PM

Plain ole chocolate for me. Regular vanilla is alight, too as long as I add hersheys syrup, mix it up and turn it into chocolate =)

osuche 02-02-2008 05:45 PM

Coffee flavored (Haagen Das is good) and I also love cinnamon-flavored ice cream. Graeter's makes a good one (PF is just about the only person on this thread who will be able to appreciate that reference)

wyndhy 02-02-2008 05:52 PM

i think you're right lil.

i forgot about strawberry cheesecake ice cream! a local dairy where i grew up made the best. man that stuff was goooooood.

Cheyanne 02-02-2008 06:03 PM

I like the Hagen Daaz Coffee ice cream.. yum

I also like French vanilla ice cream with peanut butter & chocolate chips.. :-)

Plain chocolate is pretty good too, but it has to be Blue Bunny... it is more of a milk chocolate and very smooth.

IowaMan 02-02-2008 06:17 PM

I believe my all-time favorite would be Blue Bell's Banana Split ice cream, unfortunately I can't get it where I live now. :(

I love a good rocky road, banana, peach and of course Breyer's Vanilla. :slurp:

And I'll second Osuche's motion on Graeter's Ice Cream. Haven't had the cinnamon, but what I have had is very, very good. :nod: