Pixies Place Forums

Pixies Place Forums (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Chat (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   North Korea or Iran (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28506)

Jax 07-10-2006 12:31 PM

North Korea or Iran

Okay..which one scares you more right now.

Lilith 07-10-2006 12:32 PM

Neither, I fear my own government.

PantyFanatic 07-10-2006 03:10 PM

Lil knows the one that is able to negatively effect me and mine the most.

:wish: :rant: :wish: :rant:

(we do what we can)

dicksbro 07-10-2006 04:32 PM

Luxemborg ... they're being far too quiet for my tastes. :rolleyes2

Really, probably Iran. N. Korea is led by idiots ... but I dont' think they're looking to be martyred ... only to get their way. Iran, on the other hand, also seems to be led by idiots, but idiots who just may just be zealot-enough to really do something that'll result in the middle east turning to toast. :(

jseal 07-10-2006 06:13 PM

Jax,

Between the three, I'd be most wary of North Korea. I can think of no other instances of an urbanized, literate society to suffer mass famine during peacetime. As that is how that government thinks about its citizens, I suspect that the welfare of foreigners is of even less concern to Dear Leader and his coterie.

Oldfart 07-10-2006 06:29 PM

dicksbro,

You have obviously missed the subtle and insidious expansionist policies of the Peoples Republic of the Papal State, formerly known as the Vatican. They have bought three houses in the Via del Lasagne (all outside their borders) in the last five years. No-one can accuse the PRPS of not having long-term objectives. Dan's new book, the Ducati Code, discusses this at some length.

On the topic at hand, no, the other hand, North Korea is most likely to cause catastrophy through nuclear accident (Chernobyl or a weapons test gone wrong) rather than terrirorial aggression. They have no-where to go, having borders with China to the north and South Korea only.

Iran would mire the US even deeper in the Middle East, and that's a load of shi'ite she doesn't need.

Our own society is going down the gurgler at it's own pace, so the fight won't be who gets to topple Western Civilisation, but who gets to pick over it's carcass.

Who do I fear most? Us.

Scarecrow 07-10-2006 07:02 PM

The Romans voted themself bread and circuses and we're not far behind.

Coastie 07-10-2006 07:09 PM

China?

But in regards to your question between the two Iran and N. Korea. I could go either way, the leader of N. Korea has fed his people so much BS and he is scared of them finding out the truth, how far is he willing to go to stop that or what would he do is his glass has came shattering down? He is a madman, but as of right now it's not in his favor to do too much other than some sabre rattling.
Iran is pretty scary in thier own right, but I'm worried a little less by them, thier goverment changes to a certain extent. I don't think the Iranian people follow thier leader with the blind loyalty of the N. Koreans. They as a people are more informed. Some portray the Iraninan leader as one that seeks to bring about Armageddon and that he may actually want to provoke hostilities between the US and Iran or US/Israel and Iran. He may actually want to see more conflict in the middleast and sees himself an agent of god in bringing that about.
Russia and China are "scary" in thier own right, Russia is seeing a resurgence of policies and goverment action not unlike during it's former communist ways. And China it's hard to know if they are as well meaning as they like us to think.
It's a complicated world and everyone (countries) are looking out for themselves for the most part, no nation is so good that they put others before themselves, if the world ever started acting like one people we could accomplish great things. I think people have to change before countries are going to change.

sorry for rambling....

Oldfart 07-10-2006 08:05 PM

Coaster, of course the Governments need to act as one person, but who?

GWB?

Putin?

Jeb Bush ( the next president in the dynasty)?

Lilith 07-10-2006 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldfart
Coaster, of course the Governments need to act as one person, but who?

GWB?

Putin?

Jeb Bush ( the next president in the dynasty)?

Hush your mouth! Over my dead body.

Coastie 07-10-2006 08:45 PM

BTW - It's Coastie, not Coaster he is someone else all together :)

I don't know who will be running for the next election, I voted for Busy for the 2nd time, because not so much that I thought Bush would be good in office a 2nd term, but because Kerry in office now would have scared me. Perhaps in another time and place Kerry would make a great president.
I'm generally more of a republican than a democrat depends on the issues, and then that usually plays more in to liberal and conservatism. I think that politics in general are corrupt, we aren't getting the people who would make the best presidents and truely represent us the best. We are getting the people who have the right connections, and have the money, and therefore the ability to be elected.
It's a flawed system.. but that wasn't the topic... :D

I vote for Lilith next election :P

Power to the people! :)

jseal 07-10-2006 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastie
... Power to the people! :)

Coastie,

Good Luck!

Lilith 07-10-2006 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastie

I vote for Lilith next election :P

Power to the people! :)

Power to the Pervs!

Jax 07-10-2006 09:39 PM

Well, I am concerned about both Iran and N. Korea.

Regarding North Korea. I agree very much with the comments that since they don't care that much for their own people, they will care even less for foreigners. I think North Korea lacks the ability to make 'real trouble', primarily because they are isolated by China and South Korea. However, I think their talk is very fierce, and where there is a will...their is a way...

As for Iran. I think Iran has the culture of the masses that is of great concern. However, to some extent they currently scare me less. Not sure why.

I find the situations very troubling in any case.

scotzoidman 07-12-2006 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldfart
dicksbro,

You have obviously missed the subtle and insidious expansionist policies of the Peoples Republic of the Papal State, formerly known as the Vatican. They have bought three houses in the Via del Lasagne (all outside their borders) in the last five years. No-one can accuse the PRPS of not having long-term objectives. Dan's new book, the Ducati Code, discusses this at some length.

On the topic at hand, no, the other hand, North Korea is most likely to cause catastrophy through nuclear accident (Chernobyl or a weapons test gone wrong) rather than terrirorial aggression. They have no-where to go, having borders with China to the north and South Korea only.

Iran would mire the US even deeper in the Middle East, and that's a load of shi'ite she doesn't need.
:roflmao:

Quote:
Our own society is going down the gurgler at it's own pace, so the fight won't be who gets to topple Western Civilisation, but who gets to pick over it's carcass.

Who do I fear most? Us.

To quote the late Walt Kelly (& we need him back BTW), "We have met the enemy & he is us."