Pixies Place Forums

Pixies Place Forums (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/index.php)
-   Advice (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Am I setting myself up for disaster? (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24659)

cherrypie7788 04-08-2005 08:21 PM

Am I setting myself up for disaster?

Ok, my (single) neighbor (who lives down about a block away, if you can call it a "block", more like wilderness LOL) came over to talk to me about my dog today, asked if she was mine etc. She's a hunting dog (German Shorthair Pointer) and he's a big hunter type, I think he just wanted to talk to me! LOL

Anyway, I invited him in and we had iced tea on the front porch, and eventually, he asked me what I was doing tomorrow (saturday). Of course, I said nothing, because I had nothing planned. He asked me to go to the lake with him (alone!!). He has a fishing boat, and we'll be fishing. Of course, I agreed.
Nevermind the fact that I've never seriously been fishing, I'll deal with THAT tomorrow :p LOL

Now, after the initial shock and delight wore off after he went home (an hour later), I let myself start to wonder if I should be getting THAT close to a neighbor, I have to drive by his house everytime I leave and usually see him out a lot. I don't want it to get awkward.

I've always admired this guy, thought he was handsome and it turns out that he seems really sweet as well.

I feel that I need to move on after my ex...My only concern is, like I said, should I be getting so close to a neighbor. Has anyone ever had to deal with this?

I don't know what to do, I should listen to my head but I feel like I'm starting to really like this guy, even after so soon....

Lilith 04-08-2005 10:11 PM

What does it matter if he lives next door or 49857290387 miles away....getting to know someone is a risk. One worth taking. Stop trying to be sensible :p A better use of your time would be trying to figure out how to bait a hook so you don't look all girlie :p

Prophet Reality 04-08-2005 10:21 PM

I agree, after all what harm is there in going fishing with a neighbor? And nothing wrong with being a bit girlie, especially if you like the guy. Unless of course you told him you know ow to fish and all. But take the risk!

:hippy:

Loulabelle 04-09-2005 01:48 AM

I agree completely with the others.

Sounds to me like you're trying to create obstacles where there really are none.

Examine your motives: is it because you're actually not that attracted to him, or is it because you ARE that attracted to him and there's some part of you which doesn't think you deserve to be happy? Or are you just afraid to take the risk of getting hurt, after your ex?

As Lil says, stop trying to be sensible. Good luck and be safe. x

BigBear57 04-09-2005 07:31 AM

Ask yourself, does this guy deserve a Pixie's princess? Proceed with due caution and be careful not to get a hook in his ass! LOL Have fun Hon and let the cards fall as they will. Not everything in life has to make sense or be able to stand up to logical scrutiny. Just be yourself and he'll be charmed I'm sure. Then, just like when fishing, you can decide to keep him or toss him back.

cowgirltease 04-09-2005 08:35 AM

Go for it girlfriend! :hippy:

Galatea 04-09-2005 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilith
:p A better use of your time would be trying to figure out how to bait a hook so you don't look all girlie :p

:grin: I thought the same thing! :grin:

Good luck Cherry. I once dated my very next door neighbor. Even if things don't work out in the end, things only get awkward if you let them. ;)

I suggest jig fishing or some other not live bait by the way. I'm a seasoned fisher(person) and I don't have the heart to stab a minnow and worming a hook is just gross. Worm poop is not a highlight. And what they do to those poor crickets before they stab them to death?!?! (hows that for girlie? :p)

Lilith 04-09-2005 09:12 AM

I use shrimp for bait...expensive , yes but I can do it without crying or squealing :p

cowgirltease 04-09-2005 09:16 AM

Grasshoppers the are damn good fish bait. :D
Lilith I'm proud of you! *sniff*

imaginewithme 04-09-2005 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilith
What does it matter if he lives next door or 49857290387 miles away....getting to know someone is a risk. One worth taking. Stop trying to be sensible :p A better use of your time would be trying to figure out how to bait a hook so you don't look all girlie :p

Gotta agree with her here...... just enjoy every minute, who says that you guys will even feel anything besides friendship.

Good luck and just have a blast!

Lilith 04-09-2005 10:43 AM

Word of warning though, I married every man who took me fishing :D

cherrypie7788 04-09-2005 04:06 PM

Thank you all! I guess the reason I was hesitant was because I DON'T want to get hurt again. I am very attracted to him :slurp: LOL
I've decided to throw sensibility out for a while, where has being sensible ever gotten me? lol

I just got back from my fishing adventure :p

I didn't screw up TOO badly, at least I don't think. I got a second date, so I must have done okay ;)

He picked me up early this morning and we went to the lake. On the way there, I told him that I didn't really know how to fish, and he told me he'd show me how. I was still nervous. He even let me pick whether he bought worms or crickets as bait, of course I picked worms.. Crickets, ewww!!

He showed me how to bait my hook and all that, I managed not to hook him by the seat of his pants (or worse) LOL

We didn't have a lot of luck, which is probably a good thing because I cant say for sure if I would have touched the fish if I'd have caught one :p LOL so we left the lake and went back home.

We ended up just hanging out for a while, talking about everything. He seems so perfect, he even ASKED if he could kiss me goodbye before he did :love: What a gentleman.

We agreed on dinner tomorrow, and from there I guess I'll decide if I want to see him again, it looks promising!

I'm sunburned to a crisp on my arms and legs and face, but I'm so happy, I cant believe I almost stopped myself from going last night!

Lilith 04-09-2005 04:25 PM

((hugs)) good job!!!! Get some aloe on those burnt spots asap!

cherrypie7788 04-09-2005 04:38 PM

Thanks Lilith :D

wyndhy 04-09-2005 08:14 PM

yay, cherry! i'm glad you took the chance.