Pixies Place Forums

Pixies Place Forums (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Chat (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Feeling depressed (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22022)

joys 09-08-2004 06:30 AM

Feeling depressed

I think we all are feeling depressed. I am now. We only need to admit it.

Let's hear anyone else to admit

Oldfart 09-08-2004 07:33 AM

Not me.

My life is where I want it to be, my work's fine and Pixies is my other home.

If it's not Heaven, it'll do me.

BIBI 09-08-2004 07:35 AM

Go see a doctor....

joys 09-08-2004 07:52 AM

Oldfart --> I am very happy for you.

BIBI --> I always see one. Happens to be my father.

joys 09-08-2004 07:54 AM

I just felt sharing but seems i cant. voila...

imaginewithme 09-08-2004 07:57 AM

joys share anything you want....not everyone is as open as some, that's all.

I do believe probably everybody gets a little blue from time to time, but just know that it's up to you to make things brighter!

BIBI 09-08-2004 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joys
I just felt sharing but seems i cant. voila...

You can share all you want to. I gave you the best advice you can get and if you are seeing a doctor and are still not getting the correct form of treatment or things aren't improving....change doctors.

BIBI 09-08-2004 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by imaginewithme
joys share anything you want....not everyone is as open as some, that's all.

I do believe probably everybody gets a little blue from time to time, but just know that it's up to you to make things brighter!

If that comment was for me all I can say is this. We are not professionals here and true clinical depression can only and should only be treated by those that have the true knowledge and understanding of the illness....
Sometimes lay people make matters worse by trying to be kind.

Example being your statement..."I do believe everybody gets a little blue from time to time, but just know it's up to you to make things brighter".

Someone who is suffering from a clinical depression might read that statement totally out of context due to their state of mind at the time.

They may read it as "oh come on, everyone gets down, it's your fault your feeling bad. You just have to try harder"

I know you meant well by what you wrote, but you have to understand that a person who is suffering from clinical depression at times takes things out of context and therefore it could do more damage than good.

I gave the best advice I could, that being, see a doctor and even that was mistaken as being critical.

Get my drift? If not pm me!

Catch22 09-08-2004 08:54 AM

I care for a aged person that when not depressed is paranoid.... It makes for an interesting day.
I go on the net and chat to someone, that when she doesn't want to kill herself, wants to kill other people.... How jolly.
I turn on the TV and see SOBs throwing dead children out windows..... Such entertainment.
I turn on the radio and hear our sod PM tell me how everything will be better if I vote the prick back in.... What a comfort.

Steph 09-08-2004 09:40 AM

And I'm not sure why there's an assumption that we're all feeling depressed.

I'm sorry to hear there are some on the board who might be suffering but have to second BIBI's advice on consulting a doctor.

WildIrish 09-08-2004 10:01 AM

What's making you feel blue Joys? Anything in particular or is just one of those blah days?

joys 09-08-2004 10:11 AM

BIBI is right. Listen and carefully read what she says.

My Dad is a very well known prof. of pschiatry, both here and USA. I am unluky to have such a family, cause every person i can go to will be a student of my father.

New question: How can you treat someone when that someone has a shrink father??

joys 09-08-2004 10:33 AM

having a father, prof of many pschiatricrs is no good. Besides, I become to know many psyotich symptoms. Hell.. I need to see a shrink who does not know my father. And this is not possible.

Steph 09-08-2004 10:39 AM

As you might know, a consultation with a psychiatrist is completely confidential.

As you might also know, there's no way your father taught or knows every psychiatrist in the country. If you need to make an appointment, don't worry about your father. If you feel you need help, he should be glad you're seeking it.

joys 09-08-2004 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIBI
Example being your statement..."I do believe everybody gets a little blue from time to time, but just know it's up to you to make things brighter".

Someone who is suffering from a clinical depression might read that statement totally out of context due to their state of mind at the time.

They may read it as "oh come on, everyone gets down, it's your fault your feeling bad. You just have to try harder"
!

Or they mat read as "oh yes it is all my fault, it is all because of me"