Pixies Place Forums

Pixies Place Forums (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Chat (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   whos a hockey fan??? (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6898)

darkmanx 04-24-2002 09:23 PM

whos a hockey fan???

if anyone follows hockey, they know that its playoff time, and no sport has a better playoffs than hockey.

im from Boston so im following the Bruins agains the Canadians right now, and i also like the Devils.

Who else is a fan, and who are you rootin for, and what are your predictions for the Cup.

xanne 04-24-2002 09:35 PM

Hehehe, my home team is the Canucks and I want them to whup the Red Wings.

No predictions for the Stanley cup though, and yes, I love hockey playoffs!! :p

darkmanx 04-24-2002 09:39 PM

damn detriot tied it up, i'm prayin your Canucks can get it down, because in my mind if the Wings go down, than Boston has it in the bag

imacoming 04-24-2002 09:45 PM

Go Leafs, Go

mulder69 04-24-2002 10:03 PM

I love hockey, i watch every game on TV. Even though im Canadian, i love the Blues, i believe they have the stuff to make it this year. But since i live in Ottawa i can't help but to cheer them on. St Louis vs. Ottawa.................. in the final

Jizzlobber 04-24-2002 10:07 PM

...I'll second that Go Leafs Go...even though the stupid buggers let the series get tied up at 2-2...They better stop dragging their asses out there...I really, really, REALLY want the leafs to win the cup...

Finn 04-25-2002 01:06 AM

Canadiens rules! Koivu is the king! Hes from my hometown...

Sugarsprinkles 04-25-2002 06:26 AM

GO RED WINGS!!!!!! GO RED WINGS!!!!! GO RED WINGS!!!!

In case you can't tell, I'm a Detroit Red Wings fan. Through and through! Have been for years, probably since before some of you were born.

I think the Cup is theirs to lose this year. And they certainly CAN lose it if they don't wake up and continue playing like they did the last two games. I don't know who was on the ice for the first two games against Vancouver, but it certainly wasn't the Wings that we saw the entire season.
And what was with the officiating in that last game??? Where'd they get those officials anyway??
I would dearly love to see a Finals between the Wings and the Leafs!! Two of the "Original Six" teams......and the decades-old rivalry....What a hell of a Finals that would make!!

oh, and btw...GO RED WINGS!!!

xanne 04-25-2002 01:11 PM

Since you are a Red Wings fan Sprinkles, can you explain about the octopus? I am really puzzled here :rolleyes: :confused:

Aqua 04-25-2002 03:30 PM

Although I'm not a huge hockey fan, I'll be cheering for the Avs!
(I would say 'rooting' for them, but I don't want to give our Austrailian friends the wrong idea.)

Ste 04-25-2002 05:16 PM

DEVILS, they can still pull this one back yet!
KK is a god! (Kurt Kleinendorst)

Sarriah 04-25-2002 05:52 PM

GO AVS GO AVS GO AVS :D:D:D

Irish 04-25-2002 06:54 PM

I have never followed Hockey enough to have a favorite team.It's
not that I don't like it;I just never followed it.The only thing;that I
know about Hockey;is that one of my grandsons wears a Bruins
jacket.I guess that I'll root for them;altho from what I've seen on
the sports news;they're not playing very well! Irish

Sugarsprinkles 04-25-2002 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by xanne
Since you are a Red Wings fan Sprinkles, can you explain about the octopus? I am really puzzled here :rolleyes: :confused:

Hi Xanne!
At one time, before all the expansion, when there were only 6 teams in the NHL, the playoffs consisted of a semifinal round for the winner of each conference and then the Finals. Therefore it only took 8 victories to win the Stanley Cup. Following me so far???? An octopus has 8 tentacles....one for each victory needed to win the cup. Some Red Wings fan back in the early '50s decided to throw an octopus on the ice in "honor" of the 8 victories and 8 tentacles. For some reason it caught on and became a tradition. Was I able to explain clearly?:(

(in the second period Wings lead Vancouver 4-0!!)

GO RED WINGS!!!!!:D :D :D

Sugarsprinkles 04-25-2002 09:03 PM

Wings won 4-0!! Back to Vancouver for one more and hopefully last game on Saturday!!
GO WINGS!!!