Pixies Place Forums

Pixies Place Forums (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Chat (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Things you dread about the in-laws visiting (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16596)

Steph 10-04-2003 12:31 PM

Things you dread about the in-laws visiting

My boyfriend's brother is here now and their father is in a hotel room. K's only been here for 20 minutes but they've already talked about an air pistol they need (?) and they sat to watch "Monster Garage".

K: I've already seen this one. They make a slamboni out of an Impala.

Marketing geniuses at the Discovery channel realized there's an audience for car weirdos making a zamboni out of an Impala.

They'll be going to see an IMAX movie about car racing tomorrow and, if I'm lucky, Tyler's father will sit on the couch at some point and read an entire newspaper article to us.

I know it's not drunken fights but they are endearingly annoying.

What do you dread most about your inlaws visiting?

LixyChick 10-04-2003 12:44 PM

OMG Steph! This touches so close to home!

The biggest dread I have is when the in-laws invite themselves to dinner during the work week......knowing full well I don't get home till after most folks bedtime, let alone a usual dinnertime......and mom-in-law insists on making dinner and bringing it! This might sound like a truly nice gesture....for having invited themselves.....but it's getting to the point of an insult! I've even asked her recently..."Don't you like my cooking"? To which she replied...."Oh, that's not it dear.....I just know you'd have no time to make anything on such short notice"....(It sounds like a skit from "Everybody Loves Raymond").

Well.......duh! It's a week day (they are both retired) and I always work late (and they know that) and yet I find time to make something (however horrible and slapped together she might think it is) every other day that you aren't here!!!!!!!

Man! That felt good to type out loud!!!!!!! LMFAO!

PantyFanatic 10-04-2003 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Steph
My boyfriend's brother is here now and their father is in a hotel room. K's only been here for 20 minutes but they've already talked about an air pistol they need (?) and they sat to watch "Monster Garage".

K: I've already seen this one. They make a slamboni out of an Impala.

Is that the one where they duck tape wist-brooms to the manure spreader shaft and couple it to the 427 transmission with pipe unions? Boy I sure would love to see that one again.:D

(or was that Red Green?:rolleyes: You guys get all the good shows:( )

They sound like a great group to me. I sure would love to meet his family. Tell them to stay an extra week and I’ll be right up.:D

LixyChick 10-04-2003 08:47 PM

OMG PF!!! I had to read what Steph posted to make sense of your post....cause I thought you was a talkin to me!!!!???

LMAO!

*stands on my head and hums the national anthem while picking my nose*

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh! That's better!

*to understand that....you'll have had to see another reply I did on the subject of understanding PF speak!*

Booger 10-04-2003 09:40 PM

lol Lixy what is this thing you have with picking your nose and who are you looking for up there

PantyFanatic 10-04-2003 09:53 PM

LMAO

Quote:
Originally posted by LixyChick
OMG PF!!! I had to read what Steph posted to make sense of your post....cause I thought you was a talkin to me!!!!???

I was chatting with you when I made that post and meant to include her quote. LOL

I'll go back and change it now.;)

PS
I could have just changed it and left you looking silly.:) lol

Steph 10-04-2003 11:28 PM

Yes, it's always Lixy and NEVER PF who looks silly! :)

PF, that show also apparently turned a limo into a fire truck. You'd love it!

PantyFanatic 10-04-2003 11:44 PM

LMAO:D Are you SURE they weren't watching RG?:)

Steph 10-05-2003 12:05 AM

Nope. It was "monster garage". Someone at work got all excited when I griped about the dorky manly stuff they were watching on TV and he was the one who told me about the fire truck/limo.

Red Green wouldn't attempt something like that!

PantyFanatic 10-05-2003 12:20 AM

THE HELL HE WOULDN'T!:D

My leader can do ANYTHING with enough duck tape.;)

Steph 10-05-2003 10:34 AM

Why don't you just move to Canada already? And stop hijacking my inlaws thread! ;)

LixyChick 10-05-2003 11:21 AM

Booger? I was lookin for you hun! Oh shittttttttt! I couldn't resist that!

Ironically Steph.....just after I read about "monster garage" here....it came on TV and I had to watch as they changed a reg. SUV into a wheelchair, all accessible SUV and gave it to an unsuspecting guy confined to a wheelchair but soooooooo into engines he nearly shit his trousers when he saw and experienced what the vehicle could do!

Oops! I now return this hijacked thread back to it's original intention!

Oh....one more thing...........PF? :spin: :multi: nanner, nanner!

OK..I'm done!

PantyFanatic 10-05-2003 11:27 AM

lmao@ Lixy & Steph:D

“You can pick your nose.:cool: You can pick your seat.:eek: But you can’t pick your relatives.”:rolleyes:
(by marriage or otherwise);)

Steph 10-05-2003 11:50 AM

Lixy, I think we're a good pair! :)

So, PF, if a fellow Pixonian can see "Monster Garage" - you can, too!

http://dsc.discovery.com/fansites/m...stergarage.html

"Where ordinary cars become extraordinary"

Here are some episode recaps:

Jesse James attempts to convert a comfortable Chevy Suburban into the Wedding Chapel. Nuptials will be conducted by Jesse himself, a newly ordained minister, in a "suburban" setting complete with a fire breathing pipe organ and automated rice thrower.

The Monster Garage crew turns a 1982 5-speed DeLorean into a hell on earth high speed hovercraft! Forget horsepower -- Manpower is the only thing that will make this vehicle go!

Steph 10-05-2003 11:52 AM

Inlaw update:

Haven't heard from the men today. They stayed at their father's hotel last night and maybe they clued in to the fact that I don't want to see a movie about racing! ("But Steph, it's on a giant screen!" -shaddup)

Another of their brother's called me so I could hear his toddler son talk but the little fellow hung up on me! :)