Pixies Place Forums

Pixies Place Forums (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Chat (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Sharni UPDATE (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27779)

Bilbo 03-24-2006 05:39 PM

Sharni UPDATE

As you may very well know now that sharni was addmitted yet again into hospital, Wednesday 22nd A 9am (local time,) for yet another operation to attempt to rid her of the infection she acquired while having her breast reduction on the 7th feb ( this will make 4 operations in less than 6 weeks)

The operation has gone well and she is rcovering great, BUT they now tell us that the infection is contagious, and myself and our boys are not permitted to touch her in ANY way.

We can not hug her, we can not even sit on her bed as we chat, the nusing staff must wear gowns and cloves while with Sharni at all times. The only information given to me was a phjotocopied phamphlet containing very little information about "Extended Spectrum Beta-lactamase" Organisums.

A little reshearch shows that they are not very forth coming with any information about these types of infectio. What i Have found out is that is NOT Staph, but may as well be.

The Hospital (at their expence) are flying in special antibotic's specifically for Sharni's own use, and she will be on a 6 - 10 day course of bombarding the infection in an atempt to kill it.

With this we will not be seeing Sharni leave hospital untill the middle to late of next week at the earliest.

Apart from this She is in good spirits, is able to get up and walk around as long as she does not leave her own room, she is still very pleased with having the reduction done, and is looking forward to getting on with ife.( i wish I had her strength)

To be honest she is better off in hospital while fighting this infection, But I would reaaly like to have my girl home with me.

Soon I pray, Soon

Bilbo

Lilith 03-24-2006 05:43 PM

This is incredible. I hope you will tell her I send her my love and if I could I'd send her a box of Tim Tams :D

Steph 03-24-2006 05:49 PM

Dear God, yes! She needs her Tim Tams!!!!

This is unbelievable. It's also unbelievable that she's still in good spirits. (((((((((((Bilbo, Sharni, kids, Scooby & all))))))))))

Aqua 03-24-2006 06:36 PM

Not even a hug? :(

Glad to hear she is in good spirits though, and that the overall outlook is good, even if the here and now sucks.

Sugarsprinkles 03-24-2006 06:50 PM

Please give her my wishes for a very speedy and COMPLETE recovery, Bilbo!

fzzy 03-24-2006 07:16 PM

Sending mental hugs to your/our girl ... tell her we love and miss her! And thanks for keeping us up to date!!

Cheyanne 03-24-2006 07:59 PM

(((((Sharni)))))) <----virtual hugs will have to do! Thanks (((((BILBO))))) for keeping us updated!

rabbit 03-24-2006 08:01 PM

Bilbo, please send Sharni all my best and do tell her that I pray for her very quick recovery.

(((Sharni)))

maddy 03-24-2006 08:49 PM

I hope this is a large step in her road to recovery.

Coaster 03-24-2006 08:53 PM

Yes give her our best wishes!!!!

If you wear gloves, can you give her tush a squeeze from us Pixie men? :D

TinTennessee 03-24-2006 09:47 PM

I'll put on mask, gloved, goggles, gown, shoe covers, whatever, just to be able to give her a hug and tell her we love her!

BIBI 03-24-2006 11:07 PM

Sending good thoughts for a speedy recovery.

jbh3 03-24-2006 11:11 PM

God Bless, You And Yours.

lizzardbits 03-24-2006 11:40 PM

5 Attachment(s)
copy these and tack them up on her walls :D

lizzardbits 03-24-2006 11:42 PM

5 Attachment(s)
and these too