Pixies Place Forums

Pixies Place Forums (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Sex Talk (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   What's your read on this? Just finished blind date... (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30711)

-=Kenshin=- 05-13-2007 08:12 PM

What's your read on this? Just finished blind date...

So I was out and having a good time with this girl...went mini golfing and then decided to eat nearby (her choice)...anyhow during the dinner one of her friends w/her b/f dropped on in and noticed her and litierally sat next to us. A few hello, what are you doing here type of deal etc were exchanged...

anyhow it felt kinda of awkward on my end as i didn't know any of these people but whatever. We still finished our dinner and had a good convo and I walked her back to her car and g'nite type of thing.

Afterwards when i got into the car and thought about it more...could that situation with her friends showing up...could it have been staged just in case the date was going badly she could bail and get out of it etc.?

I dunno what to think now as it was an awkward moment and i've never had that done to me before...i've had the phone call and oh i've gotta goto the washroom to make a phone call to make sure everything is alrite but this...

what's your read on it?

she did cover the bill for both of us as she insisted given i paid for the activities earlier.

Steph 05-13-2007 08:36 PM

If the date was going well, I would have perhaps asked her in a joking manner if her friends showed up as security. If the date wasn't going well, then I'd just let sleeping dogs lie.

Oldfart 05-13-2007 08:45 PM

And if the date was going really badly, wake up one of the dogs and take it out instead.

Lilith 05-13-2007 09:19 PM

She's smart.

Booger 05-13-2007 09:45 PM

If it was staged it looks like you passed. She let you take her home insted of getting her friends to do it.

A piece of advice don't over analyse every date so much. You seem to have a good time on the date but then after you start trying to pick apart what happened. If you have a good time ask for a second date. If they had a good time they'll say yes. It will be hard to get to far in a relationship if you analyse every little thing that happens.

Eastern 05-13-2007 09:49 PM

truely if a blind date she was probably playing it safe and smart. give the woman some credit for brains.

Mark Vieth 05-13-2007 10:52 PM

It's not such a bad thing as it gives you an insight into who she surrounds herself with. If her friends are ok people then you might be able to find out more about her through them.

Mr. 3G 05-13-2007 11:15 PM

Easier said than done but

""don't over analyze every date so much... ""

They ARE women after all and hence completely BEYOND our scope of understanding or analyzing in any logical format that makes sense to US. We just have to hang on for the ride, hope they like us to some degree and let let us have a little bit every once in a while.

Loulabelle 05-14-2007 01:37 AM

Oh, I DIDN'T just read that.....

*Walks away to go and be illogical somewhere else, musing on whether or not to 'let my man have a little bit' this evening*

mayhem1978 05-14-2007 01:48 AM

Im with most of the people here. If the date was going well, and it seems it was, then call for a second. If she didnt enjoy it then she will say no. BUT as she let you take her home then i feel that the date went well.

Sometimes you just have to trust your gut.

osuche 05-14-2007 02:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loulabelle

*Walks away to go and be illogical somewhere else, musing on whether or not to 'let my man have a little bit' this evening*

Amen, sister friend

Glyndwr 05-14-2007 03:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loulabelle

WooHoo

"Fussy's gonna get lucky, Fussy's gonna get lucky" :rofl:

wyndhy 05-14-2007 09:56 AM

considering it was a blind date, i have to agree that she'd be foolish indeed not to have some sort of support. after all, you could have been some nut who got all handsy, slipped her a mickey and shoved her in your trunk for later use and abuse.

Booger 05-14-2007 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyndhy
considering it was a blind date, i have to agree that she'd be foolish indeed not to have some sort of support. after all, you could have been some nut who got all handsy, slipped her a mickey and shoved her in your trunk for later use and abuse.

SSHHH wyndhy don't give away all my old dating secerts

wyndhy 05-14-2007 01:56 PM

whoops...i thought you combed the high schools. :D