Pixies Place Forums

Pixies Place Forums (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Sex Talk (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Masturbation vs Partner Sex (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12687)

hairypalmblind 03-17-2003 02:18 PM

Masturbation vs Partner Sex

I get the sense from many of you that masturbation is usually considered "sex in the second degree"...or more specifically, the kind of sexual activity one resorts to when one does NOT have a partner to enjoy partner sex with.

I see things quite differently myself....I see partner sex and masturbation as fulfilling two distinctly different needs. One craving can be thought of as hunger, while the other may be more like thirst. Each craving is fulfilled in similar, yet different ways.

I enjoy masturbation immensely, regardless of the quality of my "partner" sex life, and there are times, many in fact, that I prefer to masturbate.

Am I alone in this philosophy? Do some of you have a unique attitudes about these issues that you would be willing to share...perhaps your own personal "philosophy" of sex and masturbation??

Loren 03-17-2003 02:46 PM

Putting it in her is far better than doing it oneself! On the other hand, I've never had a partner that I didn't love--perhaps it's different without the emotional component.

jennaflower 03-17-2003 09:10 PM

I think Loren has it right... it has more to do with the emotional component... if it is there... in my opinion.. there is nothing more spectacular than sharing oneself intimately with another.. if it isn't there... masturbation fills the need easily...

just my opinion (I seem to be voicing it all to often lately).

ericthered 03-18-2003 01:41 AM

There are times when I might want sex but my hardworking lady just wants to lie in bed and feel cosy. Fortunately for me, that doesn't mean that she doesn't want to join in, so she rests her head on my shoulder and, still half asleep, cups my balls with her hand. I slowly build up my excitement until, right at the end, she takes over and gives me a glorious orgasm.

She says she enjoys being a passive spectator, and I certainly enjoy coming with her. I guess I get the best of both worlds....

Tess 03-18-2003 07:13 AM

Both are quite different and feel completely different. Being single again, I am quite thankful that I find masturbation both pleasing and satisfying.

But I'm with Loren, the emotional component makes sex with a partner very, very special.

Lilith 03-18-2003 07:22 AM

I find them to be completely different and to have completely different "purposes" behind them.

When I masturbate I am usually concentrating on satisfying some internal, primal need in me.....usually needing release.

When I have sex with a partner I am usually concentrating on the desire, passion and experience. It is the interaction that I need.

Both are satisying, but for me not, interchangable.

Loulabelle 03-18-2003 01:50 PM

Lilith - I think I'd agree with you in part.......I know that no matter how much great sex I have I still masturbate. It's almost a comfort thing for me.....I've done it for as long as I can remember and it's a kind of 'emotional self-stroking' as well as a physical one.

Just in the same way that a woman shows she loves herself by enjoying a long relaxing wallow in the tub, I think masturbation is about self indulgence and self love.......I'd say that when I'm in a satisfying sexual relationship, I masturbate more and that probably has to do with being more accutely aware of my sexuality and feeling like a more sexual being while I'm in a very sexual relationship.