Pixies Place Forums

Pixies Place Forums (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/index.php)
-   Site Announcements (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Important: The End (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14896)

Cobalt 07-07-2003 09:33 AM

Kim, you have done a wonderful job on this site, but sometimes things happen that we do not have controll over, I'm sure that this is one of them. In deepest appreciation I thank You for the work that you have done to keep this site up and running. Also is there something we can do, like someone else take it over as to the personal reasons, or what would it cost to make it a pay site? Please PM me as per any details as to what if anything can be done. Again Thank You for the time and effort you have put into this site for all of us, and to all those who have helped with it. It was an enjoyable experiance to have had the oppertoonity to have met and shared with everyone here. I now bow my head in sorrow.

Bardog 07-07-2003 10:11 AM

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Don't know what to say.
I do agree with Casper there just has to be a way to keep this site going. Damn sure gonna miss all the crazy people here. When is the last day? Will all of the post be archived somewhere to read at a later time?

Kim
I would like to ditto everyones comments about all your work and efforts to make this place what it is. It is truly a very unique and special spot on the web.

To all the mods
Thanks for your work and dedication also. You guys have had done a great job. It's not easy to make this many members play nice and get along but y'all always kept a cool head and made tough decisions to keep the peace.

To the other members
Thanks to all of y'all for being the carziest bunch of pervs ever assembled. I usually don't post much but there is no way I can tell all of you how much I have enjoyed reading all of your posts. Even though I wouldn't know most of you if I met you on the street I think of you all as close and dear friends. I have learned so much from all of you and laughed my tail off at some of the nutty going ons.

Truely a sad, sad day that came wat to soon. :(

Bardog

flutelady 07-07-2003 10:26 AM

Kim, I've not been here long, but I have marveled at your wonderful site. Thank you for making my brief stay so enjoyable, and thank you for all you've done to provide such a fantastic site that so many people think of as home. I wish you all the very best..... thank you again.

Kim 07-07-2003 10:55 AM

Hey all,

Well thanks for all the messages and offers. As for accepting donations I am unwilling to accept money from anyone towards the running of the site, as then I would feel indebted to them and the site turns from a hobby into a business, which is not what I want.

My idea is for a "mini-Pixies-Place" to remain. The Java chat room will be here indefinitely and so it will remain a chatting "hub". In additon I wish to add a message board again, but there will be no pictures.

In addition, and for those who want to help, if someone were to make a new site (primarily the forums), of a similar quality and ethic to Pixies-Place then I could "push" members towards that forum/site - a sort of affiliation between the two places.

Regardless these forums will be around until the end of the month!

Thanks, and this is very hard for me too!
Kim

Cheyanne 07-07-2003 11:03 AM

I feel the same as all of those who have posted before me. :(

((((HUGS)))) to Kim.

Kim, this has been a wonderful place for me to go and to learn about myself. I am totally grateful to you for providing a place for me to do that.

Many of us are very willing to contribute to keep the site up and going. Many of the members have talents that would enable the site to continue. Is there a possibility for a meeting of somesort where this could be discussed, planned, and possibly set forth? Is there a way that the reigns could be handed to someone else? I for one am willing to do this, as I am sure others are as well.

Please consider this request from a very grateful member.... members.

rabbit 07-07-2003 11:04 AM

rabbit weeps.....

:(

Devillishgirl 07-07-2003 11:11 AM

:(

celticangel 07-07-2003 11:37 AM

Best wishes to Kim
Hope your future is bright and filled with love
God bless to all the wonderful folk out there
Thanksxxxxxxxxx

dadaist 07-07-2003 11:41 AM

If I knew of a place that could do hosting, I'd try to help in a transition area. Heck, if I had my own bandwidth I'd set up my own Linux box for public use, but I don't.
Very sorry to hear the news.

I've made my e-mail publicly accessible if anyone wants to contact me off the site.

-John

Irish 07-07-2003 11:48 AM

Kim---I just want to say "THANKS"!As you have,probably,gathered
,I'm not much of a "joiner".I'm a fairly,secretive,person,that doesn't open up to many people.Here I felt at home wiyth the people.I truely felt as if they were my FAMILY and I could open up
&talk about anything with them.I guess all good things must come to an end!As you know,I am fairly computer illiterate,so starting a site,is out of the question.If I can help,just yell.I have
some private e-mail addresses.If anyone has any that they want to send to me,mine is Triumpht@metrocast.net Irish
P.S.Is this mo. it?

T-S 07-07-2003 12:07 PM

What level of bandwidth per month does the site use ?

Loulabelle 07-07-2003 12:08 PM

*wipes away tears*

Can't believe this is happening, but thank-you Kim, and everybody else here, too. I owe this place and the people here so much I don't know where to begin to express my gratitude, my love and my sorrow.

Lou
x

erc25 07-07-2003 12:10 PM

Kim, I am really sad to hear that this site is going to be shut down. I second Casper's motion. I am more than happy to chip in financially. And if there is anything I can do to help, although I am not really computer literate, I am more than happy to.
Thank you for giving us such a wonderful community together. And I wish it would not end this way.

I came here around March this year, it isn't a long time but I feel this is like a family to me. And I will really sad to see this gone before I can really know each and every one of you.

For those who like to contact me. Please feel free to email me at erc25@hotmail.com or erc24@yahoo.com.

Coaster 07-07-2003 12:56 PM

OH NO! Say it isn't so!

Yes I've lurked and laughed and sometimes even chipped in a thought or two. As a rule i don't " get into" the hard sites........... this one I really enjoyed and checked into often. Most everyone semmed nice and "normal" except maybe Aqua!

Thank Kim.... Lilith.... Sharni.... and any others that helped keep this site running and fun! Good luck and keep us posted on any new location you move to.

Irish 07-07-2003 01:26 PM

Coaster---I don't want to end with an argument,but I think that
you will find that,almost all,pixies members think that Aqua is a
great guy.Obviously,you have done mostly lurking.By the way,I'm
saying this as a STRICKTY hetrosexual person,as I think any long-
time member,will tell you.That's one of the thinds that always was so nice about Pixies.The members are non-judgemental!
Irish
P.S.Sorry!I'm reverting back to my"enforcer"motorcycle gang ways!