Pixies Place Forums

Pixies Place Forums (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Chat (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Toronto is so dam COLD (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18507)

ChinesePussy 01-23-2004 11:07 AM

Toronto is so dam COLD

so cold

:mad: :( :( :mad: :( :mad: :( :mad: :(

Steph 01-23-2004 11:12 AM

I hear that! Last night when I was out walking the dog, I could feel a patch of skin on my cheek freezing off. It's probably slightly frostbitten.

My face is red ALL THE TIME now. I have to say, CP - you're lucky with your skin tone. You don't look like a red-faced dork like me, I bet! :D

ChinesePussy 01-23-2004 11:13 AM

dam! I am sooooooooooooooooooooo COLD and freezing for a couple weeks now.

When can I feel it warm again ??? may be the end of January

Every time when i try to take my clothes off in the bathroom I am feeling like ice on my body. I put so many extra little heat on the bathroom but still cold

this week is better than last 2 weeks only -25c last two week were -40c .

I always make myself motivated so I don't feel too cold. I don't take the elevator, i only use the stair to claim up. I use as much energy as possible.

Lilith 01-23-2004 11:17 AM

*coughcough 60 here coughcough*:D

ChinesePussy 01-23-2004 11:18 AM

Steph

my skin is very white, and i got blush very easily expecially in the winter. My face always red like a red apple.

i hate it too.

but when i am out at the cold air . I cover my face complettely only two eyes can be seen. that mean I look like a muslim lady in the winter. heheheehe

Steph 01-23-2004 11:28 AM

LOL Good idea covering up so well, CP.

I just know that I work with a lot of brown, black and yellow people and they don't look like winos like I do. :D

Get out of this thread, Lilith!!!! :D

dicksbro 01-23-2004 12:23 PM

At least you folks in Toronto have those tunnels to walk through all through your downtown so you don't have to walk around outdoors. Somebody got smart up there. No rain, no snow, no traffic, ... neat! And a subway to scoot around on. Nice.

I always have thought that Toronto was a neat place. Try Chicago where they put the "L" up so it can catch all the sub-zero wind. :(

Catch22 01-23-2004 12:29 PM

Not cold here.
Sat, Jan 24

Possible thunderstorm
min: 21°C
max: 30°C

WildIrish 01-23-2004 12:41 PM

Currently...at the warmest part of the day...the temp is 18° F, with a windchill of -4°. That's -16° C for you educated folks.

David 01-23-2004 12:52 PM

ChinesePussy and Steph ~ come up here to G-d's country and you will really feel the cold. Why it is so cold here that there is great "shrinkage" amongst men!! LOL!!! When you are walking or driving in the snow and all your hear is "crunch" you know it is cold. Was in Quebec City on the weekend and it was -50c. Now that was cold. The wind was coming off of the St Lawrence River right into the old quarter of the city. I thought I was in a wind tunnel!!

Steph 01-23-2004 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by dicksbro
At least you folks in Toronto have those tunnels to walk through all through your downtown so you don't have to walk around outdoors.

Indeed, a great idea on paper but for the directionally challenged, it's a maze!

If I don't have the CN Tower as a landmark, I'm hopeless! :D

PF, stay out of this thread! :D

Catch22 01-23-2004 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Steph
Indeed, a great idea on paper but for the directionally challenged, it's a maze!

If I don't have the CN Tower as a landmark, I'm hopeless! :D

PF, stay out of this thread! :D

Then you can put your dog to good use. It should be able to find its way out.

Irish 01-23-2004 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by dicksbro
At least you folks in Toronto have those tunnels to walk through all through your downtown so you don't have to walk around outdoors. Somebody got smart up there. No rain, no snow, no traffic, ... neat! And a subway to scoot around on. Nice.

I always have thought that Toronto was a neat place. Try Chicago where they put the "L" up so it can catch all the sub-zero wind. :(

When I was in the "service",I went TDY to Goose Bay twice for
alert duty.They went between most buildings there,by underground tunnel.Like Steph said,if you know where you're going,that's fine.Otherwise,you're S.O.L. Irish

Sharni 01-23-2004 07:35 PM

*thinkin' of ya all as i sit under the palm trees sipping my icy cold drink*

Ya have my sympathies...honest :D:D

PantyFanatic 01-23-2004 08:33 PM

It's coming from Steph's heart! :eek:

She must have her blouse off again.:rolleyes:

Anybody got a wooden stake and hammer? ;)