Pixies Place Forums

Pixies Place Forums (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Chat (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Jings, crivvens, help ma boab! (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37431)

dm383 06-02-2017 04:35 PM

Jings, crivvens, help ma boab!

Just logged in to find TWENTY-EIGHT threads with new posts!!!!!! :yikes: :yikes:

I honestly cannot remember the last time I found so many posts in one day - which is a very sad thing.

DM

dicksbro 06-03-2017 03:53 AM

^^^^ Maybe it's the start of a resurrection of sorts. :)

dm383 06-03-2017 04:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dicksbro
^^^^ Maybe it's the start of a resurrection of sorts. :)

Let's hope so, eh?!

I must say I find it difficult to post much of interest myself these days, even my own thread has dried up through lack of external activity! :( and the games threads don't really "do it" for me these days.

Ho hum.

DM

Teddy Bear 06-13-2017 12:53 PM

Can we maybe get a translation of.... "Jings, crivvens, help ma boab!"

I should have asked that at the start. oh well. :)

dm383 06-13-2017 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddy Bear
Can we maybe get a translation of.... "Jings, crivvens, help ma boab!"

I should have asked that at the start. oh well. :)

It's a somewhat characterised (read: corny) phrase meaning "Oh my goodness, look at that!"

Or something.

:D :D :D

DM

Teddy Bear 06-13-2017 03:40 PM

lol - ok -- ty

Funny how there just isn't a good translation for some things. Just part of the culture that you'd know if you lived there. :)

Maybe I should live in Scotland for a while. hmmm.....

dicksbro 06-14-2017 02:53 AM

^^^^ Now that's an idea. Why don't we all go to Scotland! :D

I can see DM hurrying and packing to come to the states just in case we did. :faint:

dm383 06-14-2017 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dicksbro
^^^^ Now that's an idea. Why don't we all go to Scotland! :D

I can see DM hurrying and packing to come to the states just in case we did. :faint:
:roflmao: :roflmao:

There are a considerable number of excellent reasons to go across the water - that is not one of them! :D

DM

Oldfart 06-25-2017 07:41 AM

Scotland in the Summer, or as we call it, Thursday, is a lovely place so long as you can hide from the midgies.

Teddy Bear 06-25-2017 01:48 PM

LOL.. Thursday!!

Those tiny bugs are terrible. We don't have them but we've got 'May flies'. As the weather warms, usually around May they come out from the woods where they've been all winter. They don't like hot weather so around the beginning of June they retreat back into the woods. They're only around a month, but OMG they make it a miserable month.

dm383 06-25-2017 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddy Bear
LOL.. Thursday!!

Those tiny bugs are terrible. We don't have them but we've got 'May flies'. As the weather warms, usually around May they come out from the woods where they've been all winter. They don't like hot weather so around the beginning of June they retreat back into the woods. They're only around a month, but OMG they make it a miserable month.

Midges affect different people in different ways, much like most flying critters I guess.

For me, they cause a tiny red mark that generally goes away inside an hour. No itching or lumps, the main issue for me is, they tickle!

My friend on the other hand cannot deal with them at all. He comes out in angry, red lumps fully half an inch across, thunderously itchy and which stay like that sometimes for days at a time. Much like me with mosquitoes . . .

Oldfart 06-26-2017 04:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dm383
Midges affect different people in different ways, much like most flying critters I guess.

For me, they cause a tiny red mark that generally goes away inside an hour. No itching or lumps, the main issue for me is, they tickle!

My friend on the other hand cannot deal with them at all. He comes out in angry, red lumps fully half an inch across, thunderously itchy and which stay like that sometimes for days at a time. Much like me with mosquitoes . . .

We have such here which come out of the mangroves. Most have a few red dots which go away quickly, but my sister on her first visit got blisters slightly larger than a nickel (almost 20mm).

gekkogecko 06-26-2017 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldfart
We have such here which come out of the mangroves. Most have a few red dots which go away quickly, but my sister on her first visit got blisters slightly larger than a nickel (almost 20mm).

20mm! That's worse than a moose biting your sister!

Oldfart 08-19-2017 09:50 PM

You'll cop some Flak over that GG.