Pixies Place Forums

Pixies Place Forums (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Chat (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Front And Center IAKaraokeGirl! (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20501)

PantyFanatic 05-23-2004 12:27 AM

Front And Center IAKaraokeGirl!

Just what makes you think you can wait all day to give us a status report when intelligence reports are coming in that you have danger in your sector?:mad:

Do you realize the demoralizing effects of not seeing that Unit Banner (avatar;) ) for more than a few hours has?:eek:

For your chastisement, you will send me MANY more corn field reports, ……. *oops* I mean.... you will establish a thread for you and any other Pixie to report into whenever there is ANY reports of danger, from ANYWHERE on the planet, that we have active Pixies stationed!

This is not the first time that one of our people has been somewhere that we hear news of having MAJOR danger events happening at or near. Regardless if it’s weather conditions, geological events, civil unrest or whatever, we have people we are very concerned about that come to mind IMMEDIATELY when the news gives us reports. We want to see your ass on hear just telling us you are OK!:mad:

That is all.:rolleyes:

DISMISSED! :mad:

I was worried about you. :(

IAKaraokeGirl 05-23-2004 12:33 AM

LOL. So sorry! I first heard about the tornado watch shortly before 7:00 p.m. but (dammit!) was distracted by the History Channel. That's what you get when former history majors get caught up with some good programming.

The radar does look nasty, but we're still under at watch until 4:00 a.m. I've double- and triple-checked the weather radar, but I'm pretty sure that most of this insomnia is weather-related. Otherwise, I can't imagine I'd have the cable TV on the community channel watching hideous flashes of advertisements just to hear NOAA weather. :D

PantyFanatic 05-23-2004 12:52 AM

I heard reports early this morning of tornado damage in Iowa. Besides worring about your sweet butt, we really do need some kind of check-in for our family. It DOES catch my attention like a family member being someplace I'm hearing reports about.

Now about those corn field pics? ;)

Belial 05-23-2004 01:05 AM

WB IAKG :D

*huggles tight*
((((((((((((((((((((((((IAKG)))))))))))))))))))))) ))))

dicksbro 05-23-2004 06:57 AM

Glad you were on top of IAKG, PF, ... er ... on top of the weather story :D. It's true, we do tend to worry about our Pixie family when we spot something in the news that might be affecting them.

IAKG, you take care of yourself.

Cheyanne 05-23-2004 09:30 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Not sure how we are going to get cornfield pics around here! Fields are underwater....hail damage....tornados - this weekend totally sucked! (Other than Cobalt's 1000 post reward ;) )

Friday night was bad for us in northern Iowa.. guess Mother Nature didn't want the southern half to feel left out. :rolleyes:

We are relieved that you and Kleclere are safe!!! ((((HUGS))))

PantyFanatic 05-23-2004 09:40 AM

DAMN!:eek: Did you take that Cheyanne?

You better get your butt MUCH faster too.:mad:

Cheyanne 05-23-2004 09:49 AM

No, I didn't take that pic.. it was on the local news station site. The tornadoes that were spawned out of that storm were just a county away from us. (about 25-30 miles away) We didn't see the tornadoes that were 10, 4 and 8 miles away... we sent the kids to the basement and Cobalt and I went from room to room looking out windows. (As if we could protect the house if we saw one... lol)

Had one developed and touched down closer to us the view of me would have have been asshole and elbows heading to the basement!

The town that this tornado went through is about 85% destroyed. No deaths and a few injuries (non-life threatening). Now we are going to have another round of storms according to the TV... flooding is the worry now.

PantyFanatic 05-23-2004 09:55 AM

Those are the report I was hanging on to yesterday. :(

Cleveland is at the end of "Tornado Alley" and I have been TOO close a couple times as I've mentioned.

Aren't basements a wonderful invention? ;) lol

Lilith 05-23-2004 09:56 AM

(((hugs))) glad everyone is safe.

Mr. Lil and I spoke about this once....it's important if something ever happens to anyone that they leave/give instructions to someone to contact us here and let everyone you are ok or :rolleyes: not ok.

Cheyanne 05-23-2004 09:57 AM

According to the weather channel, Iowa's peak season for tornados is July through September....we are starting early :( Hopefully Mother Nature will get this out of her system.

cowgirltease 05-23-2004 03:11 PM

Chey, Cobalt, IAKG....... When I heard about that.. you guys were the first people I thought of. I'm so glad you are safe! (((hugs)))
Yep, It's heads down and ass up weather isn't it?:D

Booger 05-23-2004 04:22 PM

head down and ass up now thats the way I like to see cowgirltease

musketeer 05-24-2004 03:40 AM

Seing weather reprots like that makes me glad I live in the UK, even if we do get almost as many here just nowhere near as powerful

LixyChick 05-24-2004 04:56 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Lilith
(((hugs))) glad everyone is safe.

Mr. Lil and I spoke about this once....it's important if something ever happens to anyone that they leave/give instructions to someone to contact us here and let everyone you are ok or :rolleyes: not ok.

Funny you should mention this! I've actually told Mr. Lixy that if I were to become incapacitated <sp?> for ANY reason (yep...even "the big one"), he was to come here A.S.A.P. and let my Pixie family know! That'll get him out of lurkdom...damnitalltohell!

Hey! I was a good Girl Scout!

So glad to know our Iowa friends are ok! :) Keep safe all!