Pixies Place Forums

Pixies Place Forums (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Chat (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Don't ya just hate it when you don't pay attention (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24245)

1nutworld 03-03-2005 09:18 PM

Don't ya just hate it when you don't pay attention

So I was grocery shopping the other day,apparently I wasn't paying attention.

I went to make my nacho's for dinner tonight, and I had purchased the wrong kind of salsa..

Sometimes it makes me wonder, how Emeril and those professionals do it, cause I'm gonna eat what I cooked tonight, but it sure doesn't LOOK like its "supposed" to.

Please tell me that I'm not the only one that flakes out at the grocery store.

fzzy 03-03-2005 09:24 PM

LOL ... I know just what you mean ... the worst for me ... buy a magazine that looks like it's going to be great to read/thumb through .... spend $5 or so for it .... get home, open it up and realize ..... I bought the exact same magazine a week or so earlier .... and the sad thing is ... I've done this more than once!! :)

Pita 03-03-2005 09:42 PM

Fzzy :rofl:

I go with a loud, obnoxious 13 year old who thinks it's hilarious to embarress me at every turn. So I am lucky I even get anything right. :hair: :D

BIBI 03-03-2005 11:05 PM

I purchased a beautiful crown roast of pork for a nice dinner I was planning for friends. Got it home and in the oven and remembered they are Jewish!

mayhem1978 03-04-2005 01:28 AM

d'oh

the best one ive done is gone all round the store got o the checkout and realised i forgot the cat food

Booger 03-04-2005 02:02 AM

When I shopping it alway fun I see something then think well if I'm going to make that I'll need this and end up going back. I've been know to make 3 or 4 trips around the store.

Oldfart 03-04-2005 02:56 AM

I don't think I've ever left the supermarket with everything I came for.

Master Scribe 03-04-2005 07:05 AM

Since I have taken over the kitchen amd my lovely wife only has microwave priviledges..( has to do with the one time I let her cook me dinner before we were married,,,Being a good person I ate what she fixed then excused myself as I went to the privvy and was REALLY sick,,,,,)

I have found that making a list and checking it twice really helps with the grocery shopping. As for making dishes come out looking good, it does not hurt that I worked as a cook and resturant manager before I became a teacher.

The true secret to fine food is not the stuff in it but the love you add as you make it...and for some cooks a good bottle of wine before dinner really help.. ( for the guest not the cook...been there did that and that is a whole nother story).

WildIrish 03-04-2005 08:18 AM

We haven't had aluminum foil in the house for six months. :rolleyes2

sodaklostsoul 03-04-2005 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booger
When I shopping it alway fun I see something then think well if I'm going to make that I'll need this and end up going back. I've been know to make 3 or 4 trips around the store.

I can vouch for that. :D

Pita 03-04-2005 09:53 AM

^^^Well go buy some :D

I did once have a basket full and realized I had left my check book at home and had no cash on me. Talk about embarressing. :D

PantyFanatic 03-04-2005 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildIrish
We haven't had aluminum foil in the house for six months. :rolleyes2

WTF?? :confused: It's wrapped around every dinner.

dicksbro 03-04-2005 04:47 PM

Aw shucks ... it was nice of you to say those things were happening to you when I know you must have been watching me. I can relate to almost everything said. (I'm lucky, though, cuz' I get to call them "senior moments." That's an easy out for anything. :))

osuche 03-04-2005 08:00 PM

Last week I bought three boxes of cereal, but no milk

Steph 03-05-2005 02:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PantyFanatic
WTF?? :confused: It's wrapped around every dinner.

I don't think he was talking about Meals on Wheels, pops.