Pixies Place Forums

Pixies Place Forums (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Sex Talk (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Romance-- What do you find romantic ? (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9584)

Pussy Willow 10-22-2002 04:33 PM

Romance-- What do you find romantic ?

1 Attachment(s)
I was just wondering what you all wonderful people do for
romance. I need a few ideas.....

Hubby and I just had our 18th anniversary and I would like to
find a way to put a little romance back into our lives.

Our sex life is fine........

But, romance is much more than just sex, don't you think?

It's wooing him or her all over again,

It's getting back that rush of young love, the freshness, the
newness, the ahhhhhhhhh............

What do you think ????

dicksbro 10-22-2002 04:43 PM

Someplace I shared that my wife and I have really enjoyed the several times we rented a "fantasy suite" at hotels within a few hours of here. South Bend, Wisc.; Muscatine, Iowa; and the DonQ near Madison, Wisconsin come to mind. Last room we rented was Cinderalla's room where our bed was like a carriage with the room designed to resemble a wooded area. TV and VCR were in the bed. Our jacuzzi was her glass slipper. Had a great time. We had a ball ... er ... good time! :D :D

Hope the two of you find a fun way to enjoy together, too! ;)

Scarecrow 10-22-2002 05:10 PM

Dicksbro you should try the one in Clinton, Il. it's the Sunset Inns & Suites. The Rain Forest room is really nice.

Oldfart 10-23-2002 08:32 AM

Romantic is the things that tug the heart-strings, often

unintentional and usually unforseen.

Often confused with a surge of lust.

Steph 10-23-2002 10:25 AM

Devote the entire day to each other, lots of strawberries, chocolate, candles, massage oils, sexy music and movies . . . and congratulations on your anniversary!

BlondeCurlGirl 10-23-2002 11:48 AM

Gotta go with Steph on this one... sounds like a perfect way to get in a romantic mood...

dannyk 10-23-2002 04:34 PM

Usually reliving the things you did when you first dated / met tends to work. Whether it be candlelit dinners, picnics, moonlit strolls, flowers... the things that you may have stopped doing. :p

Vintage Vixen 10-24-2002 12:02 AM

Hmm romance doesn't always start out sexually....i think there's been times when we were in N.H. going target shooting and no one else was at the range just us...i found that kinda romantic lol.
Any time we've been able to travel ,cuddling.Sexually there's nothing better than taking it slow and totally getting into it.Oh and then there was the time with the spray cheese in the can;)
Now if cheese in a can dosen't screem romance nothin does...it was sooooo good.God Bless Kraft :)

quisath 10-24-2002 12:45 AM

Sexy outfits and doing things you don't normally do. For Example....................a Bath with a whole bunch of Candles strategically located ..............no lights on and some nice Merlot.

A.K.'s Sex-Pot 10-25-2002 03:34 PM

I do that on my own!! Lol.

Of course ity's usually followed by some rampant masturbation, so it's a technique that obviously works!!! :)

Love note on the car windscreen is a good 'little thing' to do. As is breakfast in bed (which no-one other than my sister has ever done for me).

A good 'big thing' is to arrange to do something with your partner just because they like to do it, regardless of whether it's your cup of tea or not. A guy who would be willing to do something he wasn't really fussed on but that he knew I'd enjoy (like going to the ballet or something) would just melt my heart everytime.

A little bit of self sacrifice is very romantic and weirdly enough it feels just as good to be the one doing the sacrificing as it does to be the one being 'treated'. The happiness on your partner's face is just so rewarding.

Vintage Vixen 10-25-2002 06:13 PM

As an add on to my earlier post...this past Valentines Day we were at the mall each of us choosing gifts for each other i went my way,he his way.To me sense of humor is incredibly sexy so when i got my gift which was a Harley nightshirt and a vibrator along with the explanation that if i didn't like the nightshirt i could use the vibe and go fuck myself lol...i thought he put his sense of humor and his heart into it and i found that sexy and romantic.Not to mention that we had a great nite :)

P.S. I gave him a sappy card and the SIMPSONS first season boxed set on dvd....which we both enjoyed :) He was quite happy
too!

Murphy 10-25-2002 06:43 PM

Romantic? What's that? No, seriously, with an over-active 7yo girl in the house, I'm lucky if I get any at all, let alone have the time to get relly romantic. Candles....soft instrumental "Atmospheres" music....fireplace crackling....cuddled up nekkid under a warm fuzzy blanket just holding and stroking eachother for hours....mmmmm

2-4-tea 10-25-2002 06:59 PM

for me romance is with who I am with the passion they have in the relationship its the way I see there eyes that make me get going the way they kiss . I love to be romantic with someone is would like to be held on the beach late at night sharing a bottle of wine kissing as the waves come in at us and making love as the sun rises

Sugarsprinkles 10-25-2002 08:40 PM

In all honesty, I really don't know anymore what I think is romantic. My husband, good man that he is, doesn't have a romantic bone in his body and never has. Candlelight dinners? "I wanna see what I'm eating!". Only two years ago, after 28 yrs. of marriage, he bought me flowers for the FIRST time! And at that it was at Costco (like Sam's Club). We were shopping...it was near Mother's Day, they had bouquets of roses for sale....."Oh those are so pretty!" "You want some?.......Go pick one" And what is so incredibly sad is that I was thrilled to pieces! First time he'd EVER bought me flowers, and an actual Mother's Day present! Don't get me wrong...in so very many important ways he's a good man, good father, and good husband. But "romance"? It just isn't part of his make-up.
And therefore not part of my life for so long that I honestly don't know what is and isn't romantic to me anymore.

RandyGal 10-27-2002 10:39 PM

Romantic.

Nothing says romantic like a rock.

I'm serious. :D

I love rocks, stones, interesting trinkets......and hubby works in a mine. They blow up rocks.
Several times he's brought home a special rock for me to see...

it was incredibly romantic and sweet to know that even while he was at work, he still thought of me, and went out of his way to bring me a treasure.