Pixies Place Forums

Pixies Place Forums (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Chat (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   You already had it, DUMMY! (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29946)

PantyFanatic 01-28-2007 06:22 PM

You already had it, DUMMY!

I had the privilege of going out to provision my larder before the first of the month when the stores become a trail drive up and down the isles and a box canyon at the check-out lanes. :mad:

Being that it is actually on the warmish side of winter with today's temps falling just below 20F (-7C) after a warm 35F (2C) yesterday, we now have a nice ice coating on EVERYTHING. :eek:

I want to talk to the yuppies that have acquired a SUV with 4-wheel drive, :car: in the past couple years. 4-wheel drive is a mechanism that allows power to drive all wheel instead of the normal two. It makes it easier to GO. Breaks make you STOP. You ALREADY HAD 4-WHEEL BREAKS! 4-wheel DRIVE does NOT make you STOP! When the flow of traffic is 40 mph and you find it quite easy to get up to a stable 60 mph, remember that the friction factor is the SAME for YOU as it is for them. You ONLY have more GO capability. You do NOT have more STOP capability! :banghead:

In my 12 mile round trip, I witnessed 2 collisions with SUVs being the projectile of greater velocity and the drivers of BOTH making comments about their 4-wheel DRIVE. The one sliding past me in the adjacent lane :yikes: was my undue concern until the vehicle in front of him slowed his glide path before I arrived.

I'm too old to be hopping out every 10 minutes and mushing around in a foot of frozen slush to see if everybody is alright. :hair:

IowaMan 01-28-2007 06:38 PM

If I didn't know any better I'd say that you met my brother in law this afternoon. The moron. :banghead:

sodaklostsoul 01-28-2007 06:38 PM

They think their sooooo cool speeding around me only to go sliding up to the stop light and then spin their tires upon taking off on the ice. *WHATEVER*

Scarecrow 01-28-2007 07:45 PM

Hey, I'm not like that. Pf and Soda, remember mine is four wheel drive.

dicksbro 01-28-2007 07:53 PM

AMEN! PF. Drives me crazy to see big 4WD SUV's go around me on slippery roads because I realize that they won't be able to stop any better than me (and no doubt worse because they're going faster). :mad:

Coaster 01-28-2007 07:56 PM

I still drive defensively in my Jeep!

jay-t 01-28-2007 09:36 PM

PF don't worry to much they are just practicing for the Alpine Ditch Diving contest!Points are awarded for style while siliding into the ditch!

sodaklostsoul 01-28-2007 09:56 PM

Lol!!! ^^^

gekkogecko 01-28-2007 11:05 PM

Jay-T's right.

Oldfart 01-29-2007 12:36 AM

Oldfart denies vehemently that he has a 4WD.

Mine is an all-wheel drive and an all-wheel stop. RAV4 is just a pretend SUV anyway.

1nutworld 01-29-2007 09:07 AM

I have a 4WD Jimmy, does that make me guilty by association??

wyndhy 01-29-2007 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dicksbro
... (and no doubt worse because they're going faster). :mad:

and are way heavier.

PantyFanatic 01-29-2007 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay-t
PF don't worry to much they are just practicing for the Alpine Ditch Diving contest!Points are awarded for style while siliding into the ditch!

Maybe they are just doing scientific research and running proof experiments that "no two particles of matter can simultaneously occupy any point of space". :nod:

scotzoidman 01-29-2007 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PantyFanatic
Maybe they are just doing scientific research and running proof experiments that "no two particles of matter can simultaneously occupy any point of space". :nod:
Obviously quantum criminals at work...

WildIrish 01-29-2007 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotzoidman
Obviously quantum criminals at work...

Do the crimes they commit really matter? :confused: