Pixies Place Forums

Pixies Place Forums (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Chat (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Peta (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17849)

Sacramentoguy2 12-18-2003 12:01 PM

Peta

1 Attachment(s)
Peta says they will be handing out this "comic" out to your children....any comments?

Sacramentoguy2 12-18-2003 12:04 PM

forgot to say i dont support peta :-p

nikki1979 12-18-2003 12:26 PM

OMFG thats horrible

hey i support PETA
People for the Eating of Tasty Animals!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ehehhehehehe bastards are to extreeme for me , no pro w vegitarians i used to be one but i have a problem w radicls
~nikki~

Bardog 12-18-2003 12:39 PM

LOL at Nikki
Saw a bumper sticker that said
Vegitarian= Indian word for poor hunter.

Some how I don't think their comics will go over very well here in the South. I could just hear my son telling them that "you can't grill it, befor you kill it."

nikki1979 12-18-2003 12:42 PM

LMAO omg to damn funny bardog thats great! my son wud jsut cry LOL
~nikki~

Ryan˛ 12-18-2003 01:24 PM

The terrified look in the rabbit's eyes! Bless.

Aqua 12-18-2003 02:07 PM

From the PETA website...

Quote:
PETA’s New Comic for Kids - a Real-Life Horror Story!

PETA activists - including cuddly, costumed raccoons and foxes - are making guest appearances outside performances of The Nutcracker across the country this holiday season with a cheeky message of compassion. As children arrive to see the "Dance of the Sugarplum Fairy," some will be unaware that their mothers are already starring in a real-life horror story! PETA will be there to greet any fur-clad moms and their children with their newest anti-fur leaflet-PETA Comics presents..."Your Mommy Kills Animals!"

Kids will see the bloody truth behind their moms’ pretentious pelts. Accompanied by graphic photographs of skinned carcasses and animals languishing on fur farms, children will read: "Lots of wonderful foxes, raccoons, and other animals are kept by mean farmers who squish them into cages so small that they can hardly move. They never get to play or swim or have fun. All they can do is cry-just so your greedy mommy can have that fur coat to show off in when she walks the streets."

I think animals should be treated with respect and ethics, but these tactics are too extreme. I also saw a billboard they put up that was also aimed at children that was just wrong. It showed a cartoon Santa holding the front of his pants out so he can look down toward his 'package' and in big letters it says, "Santa isn't coming this year" and then something about Milk causing impotence. They need to get off the radical, piss people off by targeting your kids, hey we're getting press methodology.

Cobalt 12-18-2003 02:32 PM

Just a bunch ********* with to much time on there hands.
I better stop there, wrong day to read these kind of post for me, Sorry !
Leaving now.........

babybunny 12-18-2003 04:06 PM

:eek: The poor bunny! :(

I dont support PETA. The claim other people to be close minded and greedy and selfsih. But dont they do the same by what they do? Forcing other people to see it "their" way?

Steph 12-18-2003 04:25 PM

I agree with Aqua 100% - I am a strict vegetarian and a PETA supporter but they shouldn't distribute leaflets like that to kids. I went to the site to make sure it was PETA. I hoped it wouldn't be for kids. Alas, I was wrong.

sillyme 12-18-2003 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by babybunny
:eek: The poor bunny! :(

I dont support PETA. The claim other people to be close minded and greedy and selfsih. But dont they do the same by what they do? Forcing other people to see it "their" way?

babybunny,

You are quite right. We seem to be losing the ability to accept others for what they are without trying to convert them.

I am not a vegetarian, but I do not try to convert others to my food preferences. For that matter, I do not try to convert others to my political, religious or sexual preferences. If everyone was all alike the world would be a pretty boring place.

Sharni 12-18-2003 07:15 PM

That is just not right!!

If anything like that was dropped anywhere near my kids....i'd have the bastards in court so fast it'd take their damn breath away

There are ways to make a statement....and that isnt one of them

What sort of group are they....i'd be pulling my support in a eyeblink...that sort of shit is totally uncalled for

Bopper 12-18-2003 09:11 PM

I think I'd have to punch out the idiot dropping that anywhere near my kids. >.< :(

Nice Guy 12-18-2003 11:58 PM

I'm glad I live in a mid sized town. I don't have to worry about any of those showing up at the local schools. Unless of course one of the students prints one off the net. In which case I'll come down on them like a ton of bricks. Simply because it is inappropriate for school.

PETA makes me sick with their, I'm better then you because I places animals ahead of me attitudes. Unless the animal is being tortured I don't see a problem with killing for a purpose.

Steph 12-19-2003 04:07 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Sharniqua

What sort of group are they....i'd be pulling my support in a eyeblink...that sort of shit is totally uncalled for

PETA stands for People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals. They're known for magazine ads with supermodels and rock stars proclaiming they won't wear fur.

To me, this ad campaign is radical left wing and should be stopped.