Pixies Place Forums

Pixies Place Forums (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Chat (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Any Gamblers here? (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18709)

aflyerfan 02-04-2004 04:33 AM

Any Gamblers here?

I am going to the Kentucky Derby in 84 days and I cant wait. I was wondering if anyone has been there and could give me some heads up on what to expect.
I have been to Louisville before and know it is a fun town. I am looking for any info on going to the race itself. I have a room at the Best Western on Brownsboro road. Is this a good place? Any and all info will be much appreciated.

cowgirltease 02-04-2004 11:20 AM

OHHHHHHH lucky you!!!!!!!!! This is my dream!!!!!!!!! I raced Paint horses myself. There is not a bigger rush than your horse coming across the finish line first! And yeah I love to gamble! Helps to know the jockeys and trainers too! Whose your favorite in the derby? You tell me yours and I'll tell you mine......;)

aflyerfan 02-04-2004 03:16 PM

Im a big fan of Edgar Prado. Im not sure he has a mount yet for the race. I was hoping that someone here has been there and can give me some hints on what to do. I know I should get there early but how early? Im arriving on Thursday and going to the Kentucky Oaks on friday so I guess I can ask around on friday. Then on Saturday it will be the 130th Run for the Roses(woohoo).

LixyChick 02-04-2004 05:39 PM

Oh......sounds like fun aflyerfan! I don't have any helpful hints....but just wanted to wish you a fun and prosperous day!

aflyerfan 02-04-2004 07:04 PM

Thanks Lixy,I am really looking foward to it. I hear the infield is a wild,wild party. Winning some ducats would make it even better.

PantyFanatic 02-04-2004 10:13 PM

I’m a gambler and love the dancing dominos, but don’t do much with the hay-burners.:( Sorry I cant tell you much about the track, but you may want to catch a part of Louisville affectionately called The Alley.:D It use to be a rockin place. ;)

Maybe our IAKG can give you the skinny. I think she's been there. ;)

Nice Guy 02-04-2004 11:30 PM

I only gamble with my life never my money...ok so that isn't technically true. I do gamble but only at the craps table not on the horses.

PantyFanatic 02-04-2004 11:38 PM

Ahhh! Nice Guy.:) Another bouncing bones man. ;)

denny 02-04-2004 11:45 PM

Ever do any barrel racing, CGT?

PantyFanatic 02-04-2004 11:59 PM

How often do the barrels ever win? ;)

cbass1976 02-05-2004 06:41 PM

Coyote's is a blast i'm sure you have been there.......i heard there is a big party and a lot of people

cowgirltease 02-05-2004 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by PantyFanatic
How often do the barrels ever win? ;)

LOL @ PF Sometimes they do when you knock the damn thangs over! Yeah, but only on a small time scale... But I have match raced horse for horse and I won! (for those who don't understand the winner gets the losers horse) Sorry it's so blurry. It's a pic of a pic. Yeah mine is the Paint horse.:D