Pixies Place Forums

Pixies Place Forums (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Chat (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   The hidden or not-so-hidden side... (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19223)

skipthisone 03-05-2004 03:29 PM

The hidden or not-so-hidden side...

Do you have a hobby, habit or something that most people think is just plain nerdy or geeky???

I am a believer that we all have some type of quirk or fetish that others would view that way...

Aqua 03-05-2004 03:35 PM

I refuse to answer on the grounds of Starbucks coffee.

Lilith 03-05-2004 04:25 PM

What if I only fall in love with geeks does that count?

WildIrish 03-05-2004 04:32 PM

Well, you've all seen my pink batman shorts.

Other than that, it's just this little pet peeve I've got... I can't stand it when my wife folds the laundry. She folds it downstairs without sorting it, so that when I bring it upstairs, it has to be dumped out and sorted before I can put it away...often resulting in refolding.

IAKaraokeGirl 03-05-2004 04:36 PM

<---has to count, in her head, the stairs as she descends, but not when ascending.

<----also has a specific aisle pattern when shopping at the grocery store.

(BTW, WI--I fold downstairs, too, but sort, THEN bring up.) ;)

Lilith 03-05-2004 04:37 PM

There is a correct shopping pattern for Target too IAKGirl.

Sharni 03-05-2004 05:16 PM

I do have this Orli thing *LOL*....not sure if you've all noticed....:D

IAKaraokeGirl 03-05-2004 05:27 PM

<---used to have all her CDs by music genre and subsequently in alphabetical order but got therapy for that. Therapy a/k/a children. :D

naughtyangel 03-07-2004 10:40 PM

I have to have reading material on hand at all times. Even if it's just the cereal box at the breakfast table.

imaginewithme 03-07-2004 11:00 PM

I always...have to have my keys with me....won't let anyone else hold them for me either....(yeah it's wierd)

Nice Guy 03-08-2004 12:49 AM

I play RPG's, just got back from a con in fact.

LixyChick 03-08-2004 07:24 AM

I never take the first item on a shelf or rack in a store. If I find an item I like...I just know everyone before me has fondled, shook, squeezed...etc. (in other words...got their germs all over it and messed it up) and so I have to take at least the second, but preferably the last, of it's kind on the shelf or rack! Hubby used to get perturbed at this quirk in me, but now does the same thing since buying something (taking the first one from the shelf) and getting it home, only to find out parts were missing!

I'm a step counter too, IAKG! Up AND down!

When reading a book and I have to stop for some reason.....I won't stop till I'm at the end of a chapter or at the very least, the end of a paragraph. This is unless the house is on fire! In that case...I'll at least finish the sentence I'm on! LOL!

I correct grammar and spelling in others and I could smack myself for it because I know there are times when I am wrong and should be corrected (and I don't like coming across as a smartass). And....in those times I'll stand corrected and yet resent the need for another to have to correct me! Not because I don't think I should be corrected.....but that I am pissed at myself for not seeing it first! Geezzzzz....that is soooooo stinking anal I hate typing it! ROFL!

skipthisone 03-08-2004 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by naughtyangel
I have to have reading material on hand at all times. Even if it's just the cereal box at the breakfast table.

^^^^

I am the exact same way.

Lilith 03-08-2004 07:59 AM

Me too^^ Read the damn car maual, the one time I got stuck in the parent pick-up line with nothing to read in the car.

WildIrish 03-08-2004 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Nice Guy
I play RPG's, just got back from a con in fact.

You play "Rocket Propelled Grenades"? That sounds almost as fun as "Sniper on the roof"! :D