Pixies Place Forums

Pixies Place Forums (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Chat (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   <O>Play Ball<O> (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19536)

Lilith 03-25-2004 10:50 PM

<O>Play Ball<O>

or run track or swim or play soccer or football...... you get the jizzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzt;)

What sports have you been involved with and when? Are they ones you play/do currently or back in school days?

Back in my school days I was a cheerleader and kept stats for track and football. What about you?

BlondeCurlGirl 03-25-2004 11:40 PM

I was on the swim team my freshman year of high school...but didn't stay with it any longer due to those God-awful early morning practices...I don't know how I did it!

I wish I had stayed with it competitively...regret in hindsight, as usual. ;) But I still do love to swim!

Mae 03-26-2004 12:04 AM

Synchronized swimming in junior high, gymnastics in high school and rowing team in college. The rowing coach told me I could do a lot with "those thighs".

Nice Guy 03-26-2004 12:38 AM

Well as I already posted I'm back into football. I played in highschool but haven't had much of an chance since. That was about it for me.

Loulabelle 03-26-2004 03:56 AM

I love to swim but don't do it often enough. I also like aerobics/yoga etc but, again I don't do that often enough either!

Really have to get back to doing more exercise (for the sake of my health if nothing else).

Sharni 03-26-2004 04:21 AM

At school i played Hockey & Netball...Swim team...swim solo...Sprinter...

When i developed boobs it all came to a halt lol

FussyPucker 03-26-2004 04:22 AM

I used to play Cricket when I was at school and I loved it, don't get chance to play now.

I play FOOTball on and off at the weekends and I used to play for a company I worked for.

I've had a try at golf and it's great but takes too long I don't think I could ever put enough time into it really.

I played Tennis at school that's a funky game but far too hard for me!

I played Rugby ahhh now there's a sport lots of big sweaty men hugging and rolling about in the mud hehehe.

and down to less physical "sports"
Shooting I won a couple of competitions for air rifle shooting, done a little clay pigeon shooting and some target practice with big rifles.......probably nothing compared to the guns you get in America free with your breakfast cerial but here in the UK it can be a bit harder to find them :D

Snooker I love that game I was a member of a snooker club and used to go a couple of times a week while I was a student it stopped me doing stupid things like studying!

and finaly fishing......I know not everybodies cup of tea but I love it.....straight forward course fishing for roach, rudd, bream, carp, tench and anything else that feels like having a nibble on my maggot. I've spent 13 hours just sitting at the side of a pond watching and listening to everything around me it's very relaxing. Although word of warning if you're going to spend 13 hours sat infront of water in the hieght of summer on one of the hottest days you can remember slap on the SUN BLOCK!!!!.......I didn't :( my hands and arms were swollen for a few days I looked like Popeye! Maybe I shoulda painted some anchors on my forearms LOL

anyway that's my sporty stuff listed think I covered everything :D:D

gekkogecko 03-26-2004 09:57 AM

Back in high school, I used to play ice hockey. That should suprise no-one who's read any of my sports-related threads.

skipthisone 03-26-2004 10:00 AM

I played football in highschool. Used to play softball but am not going to this year.

IAKaraokeGirl 03-26-2004 10:02 AM

<----was a band geek. :D

nikki1979 03-26-2004 10:08 AM

no sports for me i was to busy in Drama classes productions and competitons.

~nikki

The Shadow 03-26-2004 10:09 AM

Ive played quite a few sports over the many years and some i still play as of today
Back when ..... played soccer,basketball and baseball (HS age)
as i got older still play soccer(played internationaly)and then softball and some basketball and golf.... But added Rugby to my list when i was in England and still play soccer,rugby and golf now that im over 40

OOPS forgot i was on Rodeo team in HS

Bardog 03-26-2004 12:56 PM

Back in the day I tried to play football in HS. That is how I messed up both of my knees. The only two things that kept me from being a super athlete was
1- too small
2- too slow

All in all I would probably do it again.

Steph 03-26-2004 01:18 PM

This is an interesting thread because it shows the differences in the sports of different areas/countries. We didn't have a football team, for example.

I played soccer, volleyball, baseball, basketball and was a band/drama/student council geek.

I played soccer up until a couple of years ago when my ACL was torn during a game. I'm still debating playing again.

WildIrish 03-26-2004 02:23 PM

I played tennis and ran indoor & outdoor track all through high school. I try to jog when I have the time, but lately I don't. Now that the weather is turning, and it's staying light later I will get back into it though.

I've practiced martial arts since I was 6 and still do.