Pixies Place Forums

Pixies Place Forums (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Chat (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Dirty Dancing (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28332)

Fangtasia 06-16-2006 07:35 AM

Dirty Dancing

The movie was just on Austar...

It never fails to suck me in *LOL*...i absolutely love this movie

The Last Dance

wyndhy 06-16-2006 07:42 AM

me too! i rememeber a road trip with the 'rents - we had a van with a vcr and drove from northern pennsylvania to killington, vermont and then from killington to michigan. i musta watched it 3425647 times. and if i see it on tv, i'll watch it again. :D

nobody puts baby in a corner!! :D

Lilith 06-16-2006 07:43 AM

Me 3. It was the first movie I saw that talked about abortion and I had been through being with a friend as she went to get one and caring for her afterwards so the movie touched me on many levels.

wyndhy 06-16-2006 07:49 AM

plus....it was dirty! :D and jonny is all sweaty and he's got those sexy forearms. :faint:

:D

imaginewithme 06-16-2006 08:27 AM

I loved it and STILL love it.......

what about the part he goes back into the party and "nobody puts Baby in a corner"....aaaaahhhhhhhhh my hero.......

/runs to rent it again

Lilith 06-16-2006 08:30 AM

It was during a time when I was watching so many dancing movies. I loved all the Breakin' movies too. This movie made me feel like somehow a dorky white girl could be a dancing queen too.

Not to burst our bubbles but I saw this 19 years ago :o

Fangtasia 06-16-2006 08:39 AM

*LOL* 19 yrs :eek:

It's timeless....its just such a great romance story....gives ya lotsa warm fuzzies :D

sodaklostsoul 06-16-2006 10:13 AM

*Have you had many women?*

*I carried a watermelon*

*You got sheet music to this stuff*

Sorry, got carried away!

Pita 06-16-2006 03:56 PM

LOVE :heartbeat this movie sooooooo much!! 19 years ago?? WOW! Let's not talk about that OK :D Let's talk about how very :hot: Johnny was!! :brows:

Aqua 06-16-2006 04:08 PM

I've never seen it. I've seen parts, but it didn't grab me.

I'm only sayin' because I was watching 'So you think you can dance?' last night and thought about this movie. So weird to see this posted today.

dicksbro 06-16-2006 08:39 PM

I thought it was a good movie. Not sure I'd rate it quite as high as the ladies, but it definitely was a good show in my book. In fact, it seems like it was on cable recently and I watched it again.

Eliza 06-17-2006 12:19 AM

What a blast from the past. I loved that movieand still watch it when I catch it on tv.. Thanks for posting that vid clip.. I still get teary eyed when they do "the lift".

FallenAngel5 06-17-2006 02:17 AM

Oh man, I love this movie... I watch it every time I see it in the listings. Dirty Dancing led to my short-lived Patrick Swayze obsession... which unfortunately was ended by my viewing of Donnie Darko. *shudder*

Sharni 06-17-2006 07:45 PM

Johnny: Just put your pickle on everybody's plate college boy and leave the hard stuff to me.

Johnny: Now, you'll hurt me if you don't trust me, all right?

Johnny: That took a lotta guts to go to him. You are not scared of anything...
Baby: Me? I'm scared of everything. I'm scared of what I saw. I'm scared of what I did, of who I am. And most of all...I'm scared of walking out of this room and never feeling the rest of my whole life, the way I feel when I'm with you

To name a few moments

Lilith 06-17-2006 08:31 PM

*sigh*