Pixies Place Forums

Pixies Place Forums (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Chat (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   March Madness! (http://www.pixies-place.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30270)

FallenAngel5 03-14-2007 06:09 PM

March Madness!

So I know that I can't be the only one mad about March! :)
As I'm leaving in the morning to cheer on my Great Danes in the first round in Columbus, I was wondering...

Do you follow college basketball? Or at least the NCAA tournament?
If so, who are you rooting for? Do you have a team or just cheer for the underdogs?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Oh, and, Go Danes!

Oldfart 03-14-2007 06:17 PM

I don't, because of the foreign thing, but I hope you have a good trip.

brownsfan 03-14-2007 06:28 PM

Go Buckeyes all the way. I've been a Buckeye fan my whole life and I live in Ohio near Cedar Point so I'm not just jumping on the band wagon. Go Bucks

IowaMan 03-14-2007 08:30 PM

I don't really have a team in the dance this year so it may not be as fun to watch for me as usual. My bracket ends up with Florida, UCLA, Ohio St. and Georgetown in the Final with Ohio St. beating the Bruins in the title game. Probably just a waste of $10 for me but who knows? :shrug:

Jude30 03-14-2007 10:22 PM

You wasted your money.

This is Kansas' year.

Finally.

I hope.

FallenAngel5 03-14-2007 10:36 PM

I have a bunch of different brackets... but most of them have Kansas or Florida on top. I think I even went on a limb with G-town in one of them :)

IowaMan 03-15-2007 06:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jude30
This is Kansas' year.

Finally.

I hope.

Hey, I could live with that one. I went to graduate school at KU. :thumb:

Rock Chalk Jayhawk KU!!!

WildIrish 03-15-2007 08:31 AM

I've got Texas A&M bringin it home, but Stanford could fuck it all for me.

Scarecrow 03-15-2007 12:09 PM

Well my team (Illinois) probably won't go far, so I will just have to root for the rest of the Big 10.

WildIrish 03-15-2007 02:08 PM

Guess I won't have to worry about Stanford, huh?

And I must say...there's something very wrong about hearing a French woman talking about how sexy an Old Spice man is. ha ha

IowaMan 03-15-2007 06:03 PM

It's waaaaay too early to tell much but I did get 7 of the first 8 games right. :nana:

For some reason I had picked Texas Tech over Boston College. :shrug:

scotzoidman 03-16-2007 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldfart
I don't, because of the foreign thing, but I hope you have a good trip.

Just an update, "foreign" is no longer considered politically correct, "international" is now the correct term...

...now if you'll excuse me, I think I have an international object in my eye...

WildIrish 03-16-2007 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotzoidman
Just an update, "foreign" is no longer considered politically correct, "international" is now the correct term...

...now if you'll excuse me, I think I have an international object in my eye...

That reminds me of my childhood. Every Sunday after church we would stop for breakfast at the Foreign House of Pancakes.

IowaMan 03-16-2007 11:10 AM

Ah yes, the FHOP. Back when it was still called that Duke never lost in the first round to mess up my bracket. :p

I'm screwed, only got 13 of the 16 games right yesterday. I guess I'm luck that I only had the Dukies winning one more game.

FHOP........ :roflmao:

Jude30 03-17-2007 08:21 AM

So far I'm first in the pool I entered through a message board. That one I think is for a Safehouse t-shirt. I'm second in one of the work pools I entered, first place in that one pays out near $200 with prizes for up to fifth. I don't know where I stand in the other pool I entered at work.